Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Pocket GPS Meetup
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Pocket GPS Meetup
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clivers
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers dave, darren and mike, it was a good day.
BoPeep
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I agree - thanks Dave, Darren and Mike for organising today as it really was a great day. Very informative and it was great looking at the many bits of kit that Dave brought along! Smile

Everyone was so friendly and it was also good to put faces to names and I think more meets like that in the future would certainly be popular, particularly if they were occasionally to coincide with the release of a new product which we could all get together to have a look at. It was interesting to see TomTom Navigator 3 up and running on one or two Ipaqs and to be able to compare it 'hands on' with TTN2. Really enjoyed looking at the CoPilot demo, too.

Many thanks to Richard (Oldie) for his advice on creating POI's using his Code Search program. I have looked at your website, Richard, and downloaded the program and hope to try it out on the Burger King POI's in the very near future, time permitting! Thumbs Up

The summit sounds very interesting too, and something which could be well worth attending. It would be even better if it was held in the New Forest area, as that's just about the right distance for us to travel for a weekend away - not too near and not too far! Thumbs Up

I decided from the information gained today that if I was to buy a PDA in the near future (which I would very much like to do), it would have to be the 2210, as it looked a very good machine for what I would want to use it for. Although reviews and user comments are very useful and should always be taken into account when thinking about buying something like this, you can't beat seeing the product in the metal, so to speak Wink and trying it out properly, which is why meets like today work so well.

Thanks again for such a good day. Cheers!

Bo Peep.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Laura, it was good to meet up with you and Robert yesterday.

Regarding the summit, it's something we now need to start seriously looking a because 3 months have literally flown past already and we need to start booking hotels very shortly. Ideally we'd like a conference room where we can demo products have keynote speakers from ALK and other companies, and also the ability to purchase gear if people want to. The New Forest gets real busy in the summer so we'll put this into high gear shortly and hopefully get something announced soon.

The 2210 is a good work horse, I like them. Used to like the old 38xx range, but the 2210's do just the same if not more in a smaller slimmer case, and the price is about right for them. You can pick one up new from around £200-£230, or for complete all-in solution like CoPilot on the Mitac Mio you'd be looking at around £450.
Clarkey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone who organised or attended this meet. It was very useful to see the gear/software in use and hear the views of real users.

Adrian
tomthompson
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quick note to say thanks to you fellas for the meet yesterday twas very informative and am glad I could get there.I would say its nice to put faces to the people ,but I had terrible nightmares last night , cant think why Rolling Eyes
And I hope the New forest is where you hold the yearly bash right on me doorstep

Once again thanks Thumbs Up

I keep on learning but they invent new things faster ,How do I keep up ?
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave, Darren, and Mike,

Belated thanks Embarassed for organising the meet on Sunday 28 March 2004. It was good to finally meet you all after being a member for so long, and to be able to put faces to names, not only of the staff but also of other members as well.

The meet was very informative, the demonstration of the latest version of Memory-Map left me in no doubt that I want one, although I will have to save up the pennies first Smile . I was also interested in the various Brodit mounts that people had in their cars, which look much better (and stronger) than my generic TomTom windscreen suction mount. I also saw my first iPAQ H2210 used “in anger” as opposed to being on a static display in PCWorld. The H2210 looks a nice piece of kit.

I'm now looking forward to the next meet and the next summit. :D Thumbs Up

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is about time for the next PocketGPSWorld.com Pub Meet. This time it is a little further north, Stratford-on-Avon.

If you would like to see GPS gear in action and chat to the PocketGPSWorld.com team and moderators why not come along to our Pub Meet and have a chance to win some FREE GPS gear then click here for details.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: