Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Best place to buy Seidio G2500 GPS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Best place to buy Seidio G2500 GPS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daleholden
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject: Best place to buy Seidio G2500 GPS Reply with quote

Hi

I have read several reviews on this product i have a iPaq 5550 I cannot make my mind up which one to buy. The Akron , Brodit (Expensive) or the Seidio G2500 GPS!

I gather they had several teething problems with the product and in fact the Seidio G2500 GPS for the iPaq 5550 is 8 months late.

Can anybody tell me the cheapest place to buy one (that actually have them in stock)? They also advertise they are NEW design now on the web site what does this mean?

I really need a holder with a built in speaker is this product now up to the job???? Confused
doctorwhen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK, the "new" design incorporates an integral jack plug for the speaker, rather than having to use a seperate cable.

There may be some other differentiators, but this was the most important point for me. Extra Cables? With me all Bluetooth gear? No thanks!

I've just brought this unit from Seidio directly (http://www.seidio-europe.com). I had a look around on eBay and a few other online establishments but they either didn't have the new model, or weren't aware of the difference (in which case, they don't get my business anyway!) Be wary that many of the "New!" G2500s on eBay are in fact the "older" model, just unused!

Thanks to the lateness of the latest version of the G2500 I wouldn't be holding my breath for it to filter through to the retail channel.
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my GPS2500 for the 5550 from www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk. It was only released in June so I don't know where the later design bit comes from, there has only been one design for the 5550, althought there is another planned for a double card jacket fitting.

It works well, you do not have a speaker cable as in other models to connect. It does not get hot as some other do and it also takes the pda naked or with a protector cover/adaptor fitted.

There are two packages available in the UK. One is the unit, a choice of mount and a cable for the receiver. The other comprises the unit with various mounts. If only want one type of mount there is little point in buying extra mounts you don't need.

Additionally you may wish to consider a hard wired cable for installation although you can just cut the cigarette lighter plug off the supplied cable as there are no electronics in it.

Seidio also do a swivel mount that fits between the normal mount and the unit for greater flexibility.

The cable that came in my TT3 BT kit with an RJ11/12(?) plug on it fits the top of this unit to power the TT3 BT and it works.

If you want to consider buying from Sedio direct, don't forget to look at their postage and packaging prices and also consider if it goes wrong you have to send it back abroad.

The unit makes a slight whirring sound through its speaker, but you can only normally hear this when the engine is turned off. The volume is more than sufficient.

Having used other active mounts, I think this is the best so far, especially as I do not have to attach audio or USB cables each time I insert the 5550 PDA.
prusling
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrT,

I am looking at the Seidio 2500 mount for my 5450, but it's not clear whether it will accommodate my PDA with its Emtac/Socket/Transplant GPS jacket. These are not particularly thick (about 10mm), so I may be lucky - please could you measure this for me.

TIA, Pete

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: