Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Map v870 Released 17/05/2011
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Map v870 Released 17/05/2011
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
technik
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mccririck wrote:
jonbaker12345 wrote:

technik wrote:

A422 Hennef Way, Banbury, Oxfordshire.

I've also submitted that map correction to Teleatlas for you.

Me too.

Thanks to both.

Still no mapshare on the GO 1000, but hopefully more reports will get this noticed.

I have informed TeleAtlas years ago. and they said they are aware of it, but seem to do nothing about it on any of their maps.
weelogic
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Froggy wrote:
So far, I have not used it in anger, but on a quick check the new road layout at Shawfield stadium and the realigned A730 at this point are still not reflected in this map... Not a problem if you are local, but as it gives totally wrong instructions at several points on the new route it could be very confusing for a stranger... It wouldn't be so bad if this (fairly major) road had not been open for well over a year now.

875, perhaps? Also, the new section of the M74 is shown as a dotted road at the moment - as it is due to open at the end of June, hopefully this will be reflected in the next map.

Froggy, the strange thing is that the realigned road WAS on the map a couple of versions back, but at that time the new section had not been opened... TT then reverted to the old route in the next update, and has stuck with it since. As you say, maybe the opening of the motorway and completion of the junction at the Clyde crossing at the far end of Shawfield might bring correction!
mjdj1689
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My device is the 1000 , and the map on the device is 865.3243, I have already used the map guarantee service with this map, is anybody on here able to download the new 870 map on the 1000 who has already used the Map guarantee service, if you brought a years worth of map updates for a 950 , have they been transferred across to the 1000 yet . Is this why it's not offering me any new maps yet.

in a nutshell has anyone who has a device like mine since last oct updated their maps to the new 870 maps who has already used their map guarantee service for the 865 maps .
mccririck
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone found anything that has been fixed in these new maps? Question

There was one thing I noticed in v865 but so far nothing on v870
Charles_Edward
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mccririck wrote:

As has been mentioned the London Congestion Zone is now, once again correct it would appear.
mccririck
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charles_Edward wrote:
mccririck wrote:

As has been mentioned the London Congestion Zone is now, once again correct it would appear.

That's nice for people who drive in London. How about everyone else?
Graham-P
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

technik wrote:
matthewj wrote:
Interesting - I'm being offered an update, which says it is version 870.3406, and 2438Mb in size, but there is "no description available" and nothing else about it.

For the GO 1000 the Europe map download is 3.2GB which I am currently downloading.

Did the download of the 870 map for your GO1000Live EU go OK? I did not think that it was working for that device. Question
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Latest UK Map Reply with quote

stuart wrote:
DennisN wrote:
But they still run the A350 through the village of Milton. Evil or Very Mad

I gave up years ago DennisN….The new Weymouth Relief Road was on the 865 map before it was opened, but Prince Charles Poundbury Estate in Dorchester is still missing…
Got a test drive to Ford HQ in Brentwood later today in a new C-Max, will see what else is absent.
CoPilot

You'd expect the new Weymouth road to show quickly - after all, the Dutch will be coming to use it to get to the Olympic sailing next year. In my humble opinion, the Poundbury Estate is ugly enough to warrant being left off all maps for the rest of eternity!! I suppose it's a pain for Whitevanmen, but it has destroyed my faith in his comments on architecture.

For my 550, the new map downlaoded fine and kept my mapsettings - App 9.058 I think. For my Carminat, it downloaded, but dropped my mapsettings - no great problem because I don't bother with POIs on it, so really reset Home and uncheck Lane Images and that about does it.

EXCEPT for one thing - it re-enables the TT speed cameras, which I then deliberately left running, setup with supposed distinctive sounds for different cameras. So brand new map downloaded yesterday, has cameras on the M4 at Swindon and Reading - I was thinking they were the ancient Specs, but I can't swear to it, because although they were warning, I had set different warnings for Fixed, Average and Average Start/End cameras and for the averages on M4 it gave exactly the same warning sound as for fixed! I mean, what happened to Horn, Cuckoo and Cow? In addition to those, it had a good half dozen correct fixed cameras, but worryingly there were four fixed cameras it didn't have - two in London and two in Slough. Not worrying for me, I hasten to add, with CamerAlert on my iPhone, but think of all those poor TT users who blithely accept the current urging to buy the TT cameras for £19.99 and expect to benefit. Rolling Eyes

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
HummerUK
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brucey wrote:
@HummerUK

I have the same on my GL 1000 on both my laptop and desktop pc's, offers the uk and western europe map as well as the C3PO star wars voice (chance would be a fine thing!).

I think what Andy said on a previous thread about remembering old account information with the same email address is probably correct.

I don't see why I should have to do this just because TT don't know how to run a data center / manage a user database.

Anyway I have created a new account and linked my 1005 to it.

Now I have no updates on offer Sad

HummerUK
technik
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham-P wrote:
technik wrote:
matthewj wrote:
Interesting - I'm being offered an update, which says it is version 870.3406, and 2438Mb in size, but there is "no description available" and nothing else about it.

For the GO 1000 the Europe map download is 3.2GB which I am currently downloading.

Did the download of the 870 map for your GO1000Live EU go OK? I did not think that it was working for that device. Question

Yes the 870 map is working ok on my GO 1000
Guivre46
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mccririck wrote:

There was one thing I noticed in v865 but so far nothing on v870

An erroneous turn restriction has been fixed, and a roundabout I've been reporting for years is finally there.
Kia In-dash Tomtom
mccririck
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found a road near me that is now one way on the new maps but shouldnt be...
HummerUK
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no new map on 1005 but it did install something...

App 10.115.662791.74

My map is still v865.3243

HummerUK
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HummerUK wrote:
Still no new map on 1005 but it did install something...

App 10.115.662791.74

My map is still v865.3243

HummerUK

You are lucky! Mine is still v850.2827 as, when I tried to update the last map in March, I was told not to as it would brick the device. Crying or Very sad Same advice from TT re the v870.
theripper
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found something new Me Me Me
Driving down the A3 this morning heading into Hindhead and started to go across country until I realised that they have added and are using the new Hindhead tunnel which won't open till July. It looks like the only access to Hindhead centre in the future will be from the southern end of the tunnel.

But still no A228 to the Isle of Grain, even though it's now been open for about 7 years Crying or Very sad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: