Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - problem with telmap not working on bold 9700
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

problem with telmap not working on bold 9700

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Telmap User Group
View previous topic :: View next topic  
surfguy17
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:41 pm    Post subject: problem with telmap not working on bold 9700 Reply with quote

hey all im running telamp v. 5.12.32.01 on my bold 9700 OS6 and the problem im having is when i start the program up it finds my location but when i try inputting an address it keeps giving me a network timeout message. i have all the correct settings in the setting window so im not sure what else it could be?
TUGAdmin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Surfguy,
If you manage to start the application up at all then it means you are connecting to our servers, so it's not clear why the search doesn't work.

Perhaps try doing something else that would require a server request - e.g. just pan the map and see if the missing map tiles get downloaded OK.

If that works then maybe it's what you're searching for

You could contact me by email at tugadmin at telmap dot com.

One more thing.
This version for BB 9700 is not certified on OS 6, that might have something to do with these connectivity issues you're experiencing.
Tks
TUGAdmin
surfguy17
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so do u suggest i use the 9780 version instead and see if it works? i tried panning the map and it all shows up. i also tried searching for other places and it still wont work
surfguy17
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i tried using the 9870 version on my 9700 and still get the same message. any ideas on what to do?
nobody911
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What OS6 release do you use ?
I have tried several, but not all releases and they did not have the problem you describe, however, it is possible, that some releases might have a problem.

Are you on a BES or are you on BIS ?
does the configuration of the Application match BES/BIS ?

If you are on BES, it could be possible, that your admin has blocked access to some sites/ip addresses.

Have you tried to use WiFi instead of the mobile network ? What happens then ?
surfguy17
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use the one from rogers directly 6.0.0.448. im on BIS and i believe the configuration matches BIS. no i havent tried wifi with it.

EDIT: just tried wifi but i still get the same message but when i have my wifi on and i look on the settings page in telmap it still shows access point: BIS
TUGAdmin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Surfguy,
Here are a few insights I can offer.
First - the version for BB 9780 and 9700 are identical - since those two devices are from the same family - so changing your selected device won't make a difference.

The version you installed is certified for OS6 on BB 9780 - but not on BB 9700 - that might have something to do with it.

I'm understanding from this conversation that your in the US or Canada.
Our search engine is not optimized for US or Canada (that's why they don't appear in our country list in the registration form). That could explain why none of your searches are working.
If you manage to log in and get a map of your location then essentially the app is communicating with our servers so it's not a connectivity problem.

Hope that helps.
Tks
TUGAdmin
SyBorg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TUGAdmin wrote:

Our search engine is not optimized for US or Canada (that's why they don't appear in our country list in the registration form). That could explain why none of your searches are working.

Didn't I read somewhere that you need to specify the US state you are in where you normally choose the country? Could this be related?
surfguy17
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the weird part is i was able to use the program fine even thought it wasnt optimized for canada until i did the rogers upgrade from OS 5 to OS 6

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Telmap User Group All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: