Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - kenwood dnx8220bt still no joy
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

kenwood dnx8220bt still no joy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phil7305
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: kenwood dnx8220bt still no joy Reply with quote

help please!!!

I've been trying to download the new speed camera database for the last 4 days, and trying to load files onto the kenwood unit. It says reading data for about 2 sceonds and does nothing.

I have now got kenwood unit working with updated maps but when i remove sd card they go and i end up with the 3 year old database that came with the unit how do i save the new data i cannot leave the sd card in because i have a upto date garmin map sd card which has to stay in the unit help please

im now at the point where when i put the sd card in it says do i want to install new poi i say yes and at the end it says file copy failure the custom poi file could not be opened ?

I have now tried win zip and i still get the same message and 4 sd cards help please

Last edited by phil7305 on Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Author
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Phil,
I've just managed to get the database loaded onto a DNX9260BT so might be able to help or have you done it now?

Are you using the POI Loader? If so what files are you loading on to the SD card, mine uses three types all named similarly;

.wav = audio
.bmp = icon
.csv = location and descriptive data.

On the SD card I have to start with a folder named 'garmin'. In this the POI loader creates a structure POI with POI.gpi.

This may not apply to your unit of course but I hope it helps. Oh yes I have to put my head unit into 'standby' mode as well.

A

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: