Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PGPSW Speed Camera Database on TomTom iPhone App
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PGPSW Speed Camera Database on TomTom iPhone App
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: iphone mapsettings.cfg Reply with quote

nightflier wrote:
I installed the mapsettings.cfg on my iphone as described on the website. Now I have the correct settings for the UK. Where can I find a mapsettings.cfg for the UK and EUR ? In live in Belgium so I need EUR also. Any idea ?

You would have to use your own from a TomTom PND set up to your preference and with the same map version.
MrGumby
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No longer relevant.

Last edited by MrGumby on Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total
carlmicro17
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:58 am    Post subject: how to use windows command Reply with quote

BaggieBoy wrote:
MaFt wrote:
also, would it be feasible to offer a batch (.BAT) file to rename the BMP's?

Using Windows 7 command window "rename *.bmp *.png" renamed all the files in one go, no batch file needed.

just thought id add this because some people might not know how to do it

to rename a batch of file extensions in the same folder all with same ext
hold down shift then right click on folder then click on open command
window here then type in, this example here to change a load of bmp files
to png would type *.bmp *.png hit enter thats it done did this on win 7 no probs hope this helps
MrGumby
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:20 am    Post subject: Renaming bmp files Reply with quote

I'll add my two-penn'orth, re renaming bmp files to png. This works in Win7 and, I'm pretty sure, in earlier versions too:

1. Move the folder containing your bmp files to the root of your drive (to save some typing later).
It doesn't matter if the folder contains other file types (ogg, ov2, whatever) - they will not be changed.
2. Open a command prompt (click Start, type "cmd" in the Search box and hit Enter).
3. If your folder is in a drive other than C, type "x:", where x is the appropriate drive letter, and hit Enter
4. Type "cd \folder", where folder is the name of your folder, and hit Enter
5. Type "rename *.bmp *.png" and hit Enter
6. Close the command prompt and move your folder back to where you want it

If you prefer, instead of moving the folder, use the cd command in step 4 to get to the right directory, e.g. "cd \my documents\pgpsw\speed cams\folder" and then use the rename command.
sturmey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: Warn when near BUT NOT when under POI speed value Reply with quote

I understand that within the Tomtom for Iphone app there is no factory set function to provide an audible warning when approaching a POI. To get round this we can use a modified mapsettings.cfg file (taken from another PND TomTom device, or provided by this website).
However, is there a way to write a mapsettings.cfg file which not only provides POI warn when near alerts, but also checks the current speed of the vehicle and checks whether it is currently under/over the speed value for the closest POI before sounding the alert?
How are mapsettings.cfg files written? anyone with programming experience capable of writing a custom mapsettings.cfg file to perform this functionality?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sturmey, the alert if over speed function isn't available from anything in the TomTom range including the iPhone software. It wouldn't matter how the mapsettings.cfg file were created, the functionality you desire isn't available - Mike
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Warn when near BUT NOT when under POI speed value Reply with quote

sturmey wrote:
However, is there a way to write a mapsettings.cfg file which not only provides POI warn when near alerts, but also checks the current speed of the vehicle and checks whether it is currently under/over the speed value for the closest POI before sounding the alert?

No
Quote:
How are mapsettings.cfg files written? anyone with programming experience capable of writing a custom mapsettings.cfg file to perform this functionality?

Not possible, sorry.
wazzzzupmate
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this article.
I now have audible and visual alerts for the the pocketgpsworld database on my iphone. Thanks to Mike's comments I also have a silent voice option so I get camera alerts without routing alerts. Razz Razz
sturmey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Warn when near BUT NOT when under POI speed value Reply with quote

Ok, thanks Mike and Darren.
Do you know if the Warn If Over Speed function is (or can be made) available on any other GPS iphone apps, such as Sygic, CoDriver, StreetPilot, iGO or CamerAlert?
I know you can add PIOs to Sygic which has a Warn When Near Alert based on proximity, however unsure if this can be further customised with a config file or similar somewhere.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom has a built-in warn when over the speed limit function. But I don't know of any iPhone Nav app that has this tied into speedcam POIs.

You can't add speedcam POIs to most iPhone Nav apps anyway which is the first hurdle so they won't have over-speed support for a function that isn't supported if you know what I mean! Sygic only supports custom POIs if JailBroken.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Sygic only supports custom POIs if JailBroken.

The use of DiskAid in Advanced mode lets you add third party POI files without the need to JailBreak the iPhone and they work in a similar way to the the TomTom app.
The main difference with Sygic is you can configure the alerts and associate the warning sounds directly within the application negating the need for a preconfigured file, once the files are in the correct location the setting up is done within the application, this still doesn't provide alerts only when above the relevant speed limit - Mike
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike, but as Sygic Mobile is soon to disappear in favour of Sygic Aura, that will not be the case for long.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet another "Decent" nav app that bites the dust then as far as I am concerned, why the suppiers of navigation software are taking away what I consider basic functionality is nothing short of stupidity.

Only earlier today I received a phone call from a mate who wanted a recomendation for Navigation software for a Windows Mobile PDA based phone, Sygic wasn't something I was able to suggest due to the dumbing down of their software with the new release - Mike
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are in conversation with them on this, they seem keen not to be black marked for any omissions and we have told them in no uncertain terms that removal of POI support would be a huge mistake and mean we could no longer recommend them.

Lets hope they take heed.
wazzzzupmate
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Nearly there Reply with quote

I have the cameras displaying and the audible alerts working. Thank you.
I downloaded a sileint voice from the www and modified one of the iphone tomtom voices to create a silent voice.
With the silent voice selected it still pauses the music being played on the iphone, no voice just a quiet pause (or a quiet fade if fade is selected).
Is there a way to have the audio alerts for the PGPSWorld cams, display the visual route with no audible route guidance, and keep the music playing without pausing or fading?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 11 of 42

Jump to: