Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SUPPORT TICKET SYSTEM DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE WORKING
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SUPPORT TICKET SYSTEM DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE WORKING

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Allenmere
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:25 am    Post subject: SUPPORT TICKET SYSTEM DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE WORKING Reply with quote

Hi Guys, I have had to submit 2 requests for a change of device request (created 2nd request as I still have not received an email giving me a ticket number after posting a request yesterday at around 18h00). Also have not received an email for my second submission. What gives? Sad
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang in there - I've sent a "heads up" message to the powers. This is most unusual (have you checked your spam/junk filter?).

PS - No need to put your post titles in upper case - it gets emboldened automatically, so looks a bit shouty. Very Happy

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning Allen,

I replied to your very first ticket within 4 mins of it arriving yesterday evening.

I then received a 2nd later that evening which I closed assuming it was a duplicate sent in error.

When I received your third ticket on this subject this morning I copied my earlier reply to you via email at 10.22am. It contained an explanation that our Support Desk replied to your original request and it must have been blocked as spam at some point in YOUR set-up, be that your mail client or your provider.

I have since received a fourth a few moments ago. Email is not like a recorded delivery letter and whilst we cannot guarantee receipt we try.

I hope you'll see that we did as much as we could in this case? We never ignore a support request and try very hard to reply to all within a timely manner.

If you haven't received my direct emailed reply sent earlier then you would need to check your system settings.

My reply:
Quote:
Hello,

We previously replied to your support request via our Support Ticket Desk yesterday.

As you have now submitted the same question again we are assuming you did not receive our reply?

Occasionally, emails from our Support Ticket Desk are mistakenly flagged as Spam/JunkMail.

We would ask that you please check your Spam/JunkMail folders to locate our original reply and add 'support@pocketgpsworld.com' as a trusted address in any anti-spam systems you employ.

Our original reply is copied below. If you wish to respond to it please login at http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/support.php

Kind Regards

Hi Alllen,

We have now changed your CamerAlert registration details. Your new Android device should now be recognised properly and the balance of your subscription applied to it. No further action is required on your part. You DO NOT need to re-link your account to your new phone.

Also, we'd be grateful if, as a CamerAlert user, you could post a review in the Android Market, good or bad!

Allenmere
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:54 am    Post subject: hi darren Reply with quote

Received your reply. Thanks for that - have updated my Dell Streak and it works fine.

BTW - Still no emails with ticket numbers, after checking all spam/junk mail boxes, both on and off line boxes. Regards, Allen

PS: Will post a review once I have tested it on the road.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for information, I created a support ticket just now to test the responses and have received an auto response with ticket number 210343 timed 11:10:03 GMT (which just happens to be 5 minutes in the future - you've gotta hand it to these guys, they answer even before you ask!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing ).

Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: hi darren Reply with quote

Allenmere wrote:
Received your reply. Thanks for that - have updated my Dell Streak and it works fine.

Good stuff.
Quote:
BTW - Still no emails with ticket numbers, after checking all spam/junk mail boxes, both on and off line boxes. Regards, Allen

You may need to ask your service provider why these are being blocked. We have ensured our Support Desk system is configured correctly so there is no legitimate reason for blocking - other than they may, incorrectly, consider it to look like spam.

My personal email comes direct from my home office and so bypasses these stupid rules.

Thankfully, only a very small number of our replies get spam trapped, but if you don't receive the auto-reply to an initial ticket then there is an issue.

In such cases, an email to supportATpocketgpsworld.com will be sufficient.

Quote:
PS: Will post a review once I have tested it on the road.

Appreciate it.

One final comment. Your first ticket was timed at 6.10pm on Friday Eve. Notwithstanding we replied promptly, it may be a little unreasonable to complain about a lack of response at 11am on a Saturday morning?

Most companies wouldn't commit to a reply inside 24hrs on a week day, let alone overnight on a weekend Very Happy
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS - did you send the support request from the same email as you are registered with? I've no idea if that might do any harm, because I know nothing!

DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PPS - My support ticket has now been replied to (rather rudely and without the offensive censor picking it up) at 11:20:26 (six mins in the future Laughing )

Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
PS - did you send the support request from the same email as you are registered with? I've no idea if that might do any harm, because I know nothing!

Allen did, but it makes no difference. It's not us that is blocking it. It is simply that the emails generated via our support desk trigger some rule or other that they consider matches possible spam on a few ISPs.

For most, that simply means it ends up in the Junk Mailbox or in a Spam folder on the server. For these, a rule can be set by the recipient to allow our emails in future. But some ISPs take a higher handed approach and block it completely, so the recipient never knows. That is a sledgehammer approach which will ultimately lead to issues for the recipient.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
PPS - My support ticket has now been replied to (rather rudely and without the offensive censor picking it up) at 11:20:26 (six mins in the future Laughing )

And it would have been responded to sooner, but I was replying to you here and there - and being a man, I don't multi-task effectively (according to MrsG). Laughing
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come off it! You're just embarrassed that I've discovered that the reason you can answer so quickly is because your clock is set way off into the future!!

There was a thread not long ago about a bloke who changed the date on his satnav to get off a speeding ticket. GO TO JAIL!! Twisted Evil

bewildered
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent three ticket requests yesterday. I haven't received any replies either. No auto acknowledge, and no confirmation that anything has been done. I appreciate my first two mails were not providing the correct information to change my registered phone, but the last one was. My registered email is used regularly to send me newsletters, so I don't think my ISP (Zen) is blocking the sender. Maybe some wording in the content/subject is being mistaken for something else? Very Happy
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bewildered wrote:
I sent three ticket requests yesterday. I haven't received any replies either. No auto acknowledge, and no confirmation that anything has been done. I appreciate my first two mails were not providing the correct information to change my registered phone, but the last one was. My registered email is used regularly to send me newsletters, so I don't think my ISP (Zen) is blocking the sender.

That means nothing unfortunately - the Newsletter comes from our US Bulk Email Provider.

Whatever the cause - it works fine for 98 out of a 100 of our customers and the issue if firmly in the court of the ISPs that block it.

I replied to each of your tickets:

First Ticket
Quote:
Hello Mike,

As advised in the CamerAlert for Android Manual, in order to transfer your subscription to another device we will need the ID of your new phone.

On your Android device (with CamerAlert running) press Menu and then select About. The ID we need is the long string of letter, hyphens and numbers underneath the version number.

Once you have your ID please add it to a reply to this ticket and we will action your request by return.

For reference, the CamerAlert Manual can be viewed on-line at http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/cameralert-android.php

Second Ticket, after you replied with your phone's model number. I assumed here that you were replying to earlier ticket as you had said 'following on from previous ticket', os did not realise you were not getting our replies:
Quote:
Hello Mike,

As per my previous replay, we need the unique ID generated provided within CamerAlert in order to transfer your subscription to another device.

On your Android device (with CamerAlert running) press Menu and then select About. The ID we need is the long string of letter, hyphens and numbers underneath the version number.

Once you have your ID please add it to a reply to this ticket and we will action your request by return.

For reference, the CamerAlert Manual can be viewed on-line at http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/cameralert-android.php

And my last reply, after you provided the ID I needed:
Quote:
And after all that (that was the right Serial No), I find that we already have the ID recorded against your account?

Before we go any further, does your app work, are you able to download the database from within it?

Also, could you reply to this email rather than create a new ticket, that way it's all in one place, we now have three separate tickets from you, all discussing various parts of the same issue.

We'll get there in the end.

And shortly afterwards I updated that ticket:
Quote:
Actually I see from our records that you made a download 30mins ago so I'll assume this is all working now. No reply necessary unless it isn't!

So my question would be, if you are downloading the database OK, as our records suggest, is there an issue still?

And as for the issue with support emails, you will need to ask your provider why they are not being received. If they need any information that you don't have, send an email to support[AT]pocketgpsworld.com and tell us what you need, that ball is in your court.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: