Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CamerAlert Comes To Android
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CamerAlert Comes To Android
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fredbloggs123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:51 pm    Post subject: Had to delete as no room on my phone. Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad Installed it but although it goes to my sdcard it still stores 2Mb (the camera database maybe?) on the phone. I have had to uninstall it. Maybe if you change this I can try again as it looked promising.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will not change that. The database has to be stored in the main memory. Did you get your refund?

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is your device that short of memory that it cannot accommodate the database in memory or is it a personal preference not to do so?
kevinx
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Ladies and Gentlemen (the masses reading this forum post),

It comes with sad news, that "Juniper" may not be able to afford the 59p for the CamerAlert application.

May we reach out to each and every one of you to see if you, your friends, and/or colleagues could just donate at least 1p to the just cause, so that Jupiter may be able to purchase this application, and sleep well tonight.

Thank you!!!! (Mmmm. Was THAT tongue in cheek or not---Thinks!) ;-) ;-)

Seriously,

Tried it out "for real" today, and quite impressed with the app. I too had the warnings "database is out of date" (although I HAD downloaded/updated on initial installation). Mind you, I was getting the warnings each time I opened the app whilst indoors, and had NOT used it. When I had used the app (took it for a drive) the warnings were no longer heard :-).

Thoughts... "We" are seen as a "dot" on the mapping. Can that not be changed to an "Arrow" in the direction of travel (cosmetic I know, but would save any confusion!). Also, is it not possible to incorporate a timed (or manual) "dusk til dawn" functionality, to dim the display during general hours of darkness (+/-), similar to that of Google Maps inbuilt timing.

Just a thought??

Cheers
Mv710.1561(W Europe)+Traffic, N82 connection to GPRS traffic
+
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick question if I may, and sorry if it turns out to be a stupid one!

I am sure I have read somewhere on the forum that once you install this app and get the download of the database your subscription is locked so that you can only download the cameras in that format. Is that correct or am I dreaming?

The reason I ask is that I have Sygic for Europe and Copilot for the USA and still want to be able to download and install cameras on them too. The idea is that I will then use Cameralert when I am in the UK and not plotting a route, but use Sygic/Copilot when I am plotting a route of when I am not in the UK.
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
Juniper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevinx wrote:

It comes with sad news, that "Juniper" may not be able to afford the 59p for the CamerAlert application.

May we reach out to each and every one of you to see if you, your friends, and/or colleagues could just donate at least 1p to the just cause, so that Jupiter may be able to purchase this application, and sleep well tonight.

Happy for you to pass your collection to a charity of my choice - how about Action for Children? (Shameless plug for my wife's employer) - as you may have missed the post where I said I had bought the app. Ironic that I had to sell one of the children to raise the cash mind you...
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterc10 wrote:
I am sure I have read somewhere on the forum that once you install this app and get the download of the database your subscription is locked so that you can only download the cameras in that format. Is that correct or am I dreaming?

No - that is correct, but it applies to installations of CamerAlert only. It does not restrict your access to download the database from this site for use on a SatNav or a SatNav app that supports our database.

It only restricts you to one install of 'CamerAlert' linked to your subscription, nothing else is affected.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juniper wrote:
you may have missed the post where I said I had bought the app. Ironic that I had to sell one of the children to raise the cash mind you...

How many licences did you buy!!!!
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:

No - that is correct, but it applies to installations of CamerAlert only. It does not restrict your access to download the database from this site for use on a SatNav or a SatNav app that supports our database.

It only restricts you to one install of 'CamerAlert' linked to your subscription, nothing else is affected.

Thanks Darren, I will download tomorrow when I am awake and sober enough and have sold a kidney to pay for it (any offers). Laughing
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterc10 wrote:
Thanks Darren, I will download tomorrow when I am awake and sober enough and have sold a kidney to pay for it (any offers). Laughing

I'll give you 59p for your kidney, I could do with a spare Wink
kevinx
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juniper wrote:
kevinx wrote:

Happy for you to pass your collection to a charity of my choice - how about Action for Children? (Shameless plug for my wife's employer) - as you may have missed the post where I said I had bought the app. Ironic that I had to sell one of the children to raise the cash mind you...

:-) :-) Nice "return" Juniper. Excellent.
+
kevinx
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
peterc10 wrote:

I'll give you 59p for your kidney, I could do with a spare Wink

That was a KIDNEY Darren, not a LIVER :-)
+
bewildered
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this running in background with CoPilot. I didn't see any alert on approaching a camera that CoPilot identified. On return journey just running Cameralert, same camera was picked up OK. I had Cameralert to warn of cameras in both directions. Any ideas? ***EDIT**** maybe not set for both directions - my mistake Smile

Last edited by bewildered on Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
mrfrank
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:

I have two android phones and I installed cameralert on both. I linked my PGPSW subscription to one phone (the one I use daily) succefully. I then tried to link my second phone and of course it failed saying that linking is only allowed for one phone at the time. I have one problem with that. In my line of work I change my phone about every 3-4 months as I have access to the latest android phones for testing purposes. I can raise a ticket with PGPSW every time I change my phone to move the subscription to the new phone. Will this be a problem from your side?

Also, in Android market place, when you downoad the app, it says "A subscription can be used on other GPS devices as well as the Android (maximum of three devices, one of which may be and Android or iPhone Smartphone)". Does it mean that I can use it either on my iphone or on my android, but not on both? If yes, what are the other two devices I could use it on? (I believe these two devices do not include a windows mobile phone with TomTom or a PNA device or an android phone with other satnavs, supporting other formats, like OV2, MacGuider, etc... I can install and use the camera files downoaded from PGPSW website on these, without having this limit of three). How is this limitation to max 3 devices actually working, as I don't get it really?

BTW: Keep up the good work. I really like this app.
One feature request:
- Would it be possible to add one option in the settings to automatically launch an application of choice as soon as cameralert loads up? In this way, I only need to hit the cameralert icon to automatically getting cameralert running in the background and my favourite satnav app launched in the foreground.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one. Request duly noted. HOWEVER! Now you also need to come up with a good name for that feature. "good" meaning usable in UI terms.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 4 of 13

Jump to: