Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Roadhawk in-car camera GPS and black box system
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Roadhawk in-car camera GPS and black box system
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adams901
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is also another Chinese camera out called the GS600, comes with full HD, GPS speed and Googlemaps location.

It does have a couple of bugs though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0fFyFIWNnY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PpkCwLbkYM
Stefluc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive had the Roadhawk RH1 now for a few months and have been experimenting with it both on position within the car and the settings which I think that I have managed to sort out to a reasonable degree.

Some people have asked about the clarity of the number plate being seen and from what distance,this is also something that I have experimented with a lot and had numerous different results,none of which can be seen until back home and reveiwing the footage.

Sometimes you can get a read on the plate other times you cant clearly get one it depends on how close you get,and at night yourheadlights just blurr it out.

So,to be absouloutely sure that you can recall the number plate for whatever reason i say out loud the reg number and the voice recorder catches it making it easy for you to recall,which is just as good as capturing the plate.

My only criticism that I have about this camera and I have had many cheaper and better resoloution cameras,is the waste of space what i mean by this is that you take in a lot of dashboard the lense could or only has to be around 70 to 80 degrees view that way you get more clarity and less sky which is great especially when it is sunny and it blurs the camera,but all in all it has everything going for it with time and date stamp audio speed location etc.
Stefluc
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget that you can get hit from the side as well. A wide angle helps capture traffic emerging from side roads.

But there will always be a trade off between resolution and the amount of space required to store the files.

Still, they are improving and with cards getting cheaper all the time we can hope that this will be resolved.
mshah
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've now been using this for about a year. The main issue with it is that the video recording quality is not good enough to make out registration plates even when set on the highest recording video quality. If you become a victim of a hit and run situation where you don't get the license plate of the hit and run vehicle then it would be great if the video quality was sufficient to make out this.

You can only really make out the license plate from the video when the other car is very close to the camera and stationary (unlikely scenario for most events leading up to an accident).

With this aside, the device has performed remarkably well and is a worthy investment to help give valuable information if you're unfortunate enough to be the victim of a car accident.

Anyway, hoping there'll be a version 2 that improves this as well as general improvements in other areas too.
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a note to say the RH-1 has been replaced with the DC-1. I've managed to get one of the first batch to arrive and we are actively trying to source a review model. Watch this space.

First impressions are very good. Clearly smaller than the RH-1 it now packs an improved lense and records in MP4 for greater playback comparability. It also has a parking mode when connected to a permanent power source, which I am still playing with. GPS fix seems to be a bit slow at the moment, on average about 5 min but that might be due to placement on the window so I might try moving it later.

All in all not much has really changed IMO, but maybe Darren may say different when he gets his review.

HERE LIES PND May it rest in peace.
Navigon 7310/iPhone Navigon&Copilot
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not pleased with this new parking monitor on this DC-1. Seems that you have to set this feature every time you park because when you pull away again it disables the setting and you will need to set it again later. I would have thought that this would have been an automatic setting that detected when no movement had occurred for a period and re start the monitoring mode.

IMO it makes the permanent power install option pointless. Should you accidentally leave the device running it will be overwriting your previous data in no time. Sad

Galapagos
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:54 pm    Post subject: Roadhawk RH-1 Reply with quote

Have a RH-1 and have lost the map display when playing back files. The GPS data has recorded but the area for the map just shows a row of letters and symbols. Any ideas anyone. Crying or Very sad
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm only guessing here, as I've never had any dealings with this device, but in the manual for the RH-1 it mentions (on page 12)

As shown in the image on the left the map is
shown in a small window to display the location of
the vehicle.
(PC users should have access to the Internet to use
this Map function. Also, while recording image in a
moving vehicle and GPS reception is poor, this map
may not be shown.)

Might one of those two be the reason for the missing map display?
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy could be right. If you are seeing grey in the map window with horizontal and vertical black lines with the odd long and lat numbers printed then your internet connection is not downloading the map tiles.

If however it is just black with and icon in the middle then your devices has not been recording your GPS locations.

Sending us a screen grab may help to determine which!

BrianCollison
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:20 pm    Post subject: Roadhawk in-car camera GPS and black box system Reply with quote

I have the Roadhawk RH-2 and you can see vehicles to the side and rear, with the rear view lense, although not very clearly, but you can see enough to see if a vehicle hit you either side or rear. So it has 2 lenses one forward facing and the other rearward.

I got this one from Dogcam website for the price of the RH-1 because they had trouble getting the RH-1, so they said I could have my money back or the RH-2 as a one off offer, so I thought I might as well take advantage of the offer.

I haven't worked out how much the memory card holds, although it did say about 90minutes on the 2gb SD card, so I have put in a 4gb SD card for now, but seems it would pay to have spare SD cards handy in case there is any part of the journey you want to keep to review later.

So overall I am very pleased with it.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just posted my RH-1 on ebay. If anyone is interested, the item no. is 120780044781. So if anyone from here wins the auction, just PM me with sufficient details to identify you as the successful bidder and I'll refund 5% of your winning bid via Paypal!
rick1945
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:54 pm    Post subject: dc1 camera Reply with quote

hi,
i have one of the dc1 cameras, it's not bad but definitely not worth the £200 i paid, i have two cheap chinese incar cameras and these keep recording if the battery is smashed in a crash they cost me £30.00 each,
there is another thing i don't like about the roadhawk dc1 is it stops recording for about five seconds every couple of minutes, in that time you could get wiped up and it would not have recorded anything where as my cheapo cameras keep recording all the time, yes, ok they don't have the gps installed in them but if you have a crash you aren't going anywhere are you,
sadly disappointed in the dc1. Sad
Benidorm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought new car camera at www.c-everything.com It's called Vision Drive VD-3000. The camera has lots of features and records very well. It hasVoice guidence, LCD and GPS build in. I paid £180 which is a good price for this type of camera, as I found similar ones for much more money. Very happy with purchase and quality of this camera. It's made in South Korea.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: