Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Arkon car kit & iPhone 3G (4.2.1) Bluetooth issues
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Arkon car kit & iPhone 3G (4.2.1) Bluetooth issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisGorringe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:26 am    Post subject: Arkon car kit & iPhone 3G (4.2.1) Bluetooth issues Reply with quote

Thought you might be interested in a problem that I had with this mount. My phone is a 3G with the 4.2.1 iOS which I think is still the latest public release. The phone pairs with the cradle and when I make a call and select to use the GPS Car Kit speaker, silence regardless of the cradle volume control or the Bluetooth volume control being at their maximums.

I proved the cradle works by pairing a Nokia phone to it and that works perfectly.

The only way that I could make the iPhone work was to revert to the iOS back to 4.1 but this is not a procedure that is made simple by Apple - as far as I am aware. Has anyone else found this problem and have they been able to solve it without reverting the iOS?

On another tack, the TomTom 1.6 software says that it is only compatible with TomTom iPhone cradles. Is this true or are they simply "suggesting" a suitable cradle?
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: iPhone 3G (4.2.1) Bluetooth issues Reply with quote

ChrisGorringe wrote:
On another tack, the TomTom 1.6 software says that it is only compatible with TomTom iPhone cradles. Is this true or are they simply "suggesting" a suitable cradle?

i don't use a tomtom cradle and their app works just fine. you would get a better gps signal on the 3G if you used the cradle but to be honest you won't have any issues with satnav on the 3G, well, I never did!

if you want to use tomtom on an iPod touch (no GPS) then you would need A cradle (doesn't need to be tomtom's I don't think)

MaFt
ChrisGorringe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:33 am    Post subject: Wrong forum Reply with quote

Very sorry, this post should be in the forum for the review of the Arkon Bluetooth GPS CarKit for iPhone, but could not see how to add a new post to that topic without simply replying to the last post in the topic. How do I get it in the correct place?
ChrisGorringe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: iPhone 3G (4.2.1) Bluetooth issues Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
ChrisGorringe wrote:

i don't use a tomtom cradle and their app works just fine. you would get a better gps signal on the 3G if you used the cradle but to be honest you won't have any issues with satnav on the 3G, well, I never did!

if you want to use tomtom on an iPod touch (no GPS) then you would need A cradle (doesn't need to be tomtom's I don't think)

MaFt

Thank you very much for this info. I'll go ahead and get the 1.6 software now. Very Happy
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: Wrong forum Reply with quote

ChrisGorringe wrote:
Very sorry, this post should be in the forum for the review of the Arkon Bluetooth GPS CarKit for iPhone, but could not see how to add a new post to that topic without simply replying to the last post in the topic. How do I get it in the correct place?

There is only a thread for the Arkon GPS Car kit and no forum. You could have just replied in the thread. I've edited the title of this thread to reflect the content.
ChrisGorringe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: Wrong forum Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
ChrisGorringe wrote:

There is only a thread for the Arkon GPS Car kit and no forum. You could have just replied in the thread. I've edited the title of this thread to reflect the content.

Thank you very much. I'll do better next time. !
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. Wink

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: