Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Quick Esay Batch Conversion ov2 to Sygic upi
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Quick Esay Batch Conversion ov2 to Sygic upi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Sygic McGuider/Mobile Maps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: Quick Esay Batch Conversion ov2 to Sygic upi Reply with quote

Quick Easy Batch Conversion .ov2 to MM10 upi

You will need ov2upi Translator 2.9 and Sygic POI Translator.(available from Sygix website)
Before you start, if you are running Ad-Aware exit it because it stops ov2upi from running.
ensure all your ov2 and associated bmp files are in one folder, ov2 can be in different categories.

To start run ov2upi Translator.
Tick "Translate in series" and "associate also generiic bmp" and "create upis for v7.7"
click box "oc2------upi to select ov2 folder then for output folder, this
then batch converts in seconds all to upis in output folder unfortunately v7.7
close ov2upi translator.

Then run Sygic POI translater
Select " Convert old upi to SMM" and select folder from preciously converted POIs and then output folder,
This will batch convert all old upis to MM10 UPIs and presumably MM9.
Drop ypur ov2 and bmp into yoyr map folder (in my case gbr alongside gbr.pak) and you associated .ogg files in the sound folder and all done.
Once you have done this and created your folders for the next time it should only take a few minutes to convert All (and i mean all) your ov2 file in just a few minutes and it definately works.
The only oddity i found was that when i originaly tried it (in demo mode) the pois showed as a black roundal with a question mark inside, but then i loaded the ogg files and then they showed as proper icons, have only set warnings on a couple so far due to time but these are working exactly as should be,
On initial testing felt that possible bigger icons may be needed but might not be needed if you rely on voices, best to check on road testing
Incidently tested and fully working on My LG Optimus Android 2.1 and Sygic MM10

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Sygic McGuider/Mobile Maps All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: