Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Syncing with Blackberry Torch
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Syncing with Blackberry Torch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
red24
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:38 am    Post subject: Syncing with Blackberry Torch Reply with quote

I have a TT 750 and it won't find, sync or recognise my new BB 9800.

Anyone got any clues as to how this can be done.

Useless having a TT with Traffic, weather etc on it if I can't pair it with a phone! Soooooo frustrating.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 9800 isn't on TT's Compatability table, but that's not saying much - a lot of newish phones that do work aren't on there yet.

It looks hopeful because the BB 9700 is on there as being OK for hands-free and phone book transfer, (but not for text messaging or for TomTom's data services).

But I'm slightly confused as to why you say you can't use Traffic, weather etc. without pairing the phone.... You don't need a phone for any of that as the 950 uses it's own built-in SIM card to access those Live Services.

The usual technique is to make both the phone and the TomTom visible and searching for BT devices at the same time, but I'm sure you're doing that already.
Finally, there used to be a handy add-on to make the TT "see" more BT audio devices (as opposed to phones), so I don't know whether that will work in this case or even whether it still works with the most recent TomTom's, but it's maybe worth a go.... Have a read of this topic on the YourTomTom forums, there's a download link there too.
Bluetooth Hifi, Possible Fix

Also, member "CompufixUK" over there is a phone guru, I reckon if anyone can get you going, he can.... Smile

Come back here and let us know how you get on.
red24
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy, will have another look to see what they are asking for, am sure the TT says it can't connect without data services then cant find the phone.

The compatability list has been rubbish for months and can't be believed.
I did question why the Pearl was able to connect when it is such an old model, was told they can't keep up with all the new hand sets.

Try and look again when I am brave enough to go out in the snow to get it.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

red24 wrote:
am sure the TT says it can't connect without data services then cant find the phone.

Are you sure this is a Go750 you are talking about? (you said so in your first post but still say Go720 in your signature)

A Go 720 WOULD need the phone to provide the data services, but a Go750 has it's own SIM card for the Live Services.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: