Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Another tomtom 1000 update coming down
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Another tomtom 1000 update coming down
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brucey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As above done and dusted with no problems and new map installed; took about 25 minutes in total for UK maps.
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
Nexus 6p, Apple iPhone 6sPlus and Microsoft Lumia 950xl running TomTom, Garmin, CoPilot, Navigon, Sygic, Here Drive, Google, Waze, MS Maps
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xtraseller wrote:

Now custom POIs please... then red faces on the forum! Embarassed Wink

Why, pray? What's changed to make us retract anything we've said up to now?

Oh by the way...
My Europe version with v855 maps is apparently fully up to date according to Home/My TomTom. It still says "Your navigation device is up-to-date. There are no updates waiting for installation."

But hang on....
It took fully five minutes before the widget in the system tray changed to say there WAS an update while the website still insists there isn't.
If I'd just connected quickly to see if there was anything waiting, I'd have missed it.

Trying it now.... Lets hope it doesn't half-install the map files and then crash, bricking the unit completely, like some US forum users are reporting (no chance to return to a backup remember).

Last edited by Andy_P on Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excitement over... My "update" was only to Home 3 itself.

Apparently my "navigation device is up-to-date. There are no updates waiting for installation".

So no new maps for me.....
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, MyTomTom only updates those who have said good things about it... so be good for goodness sake! Rolling Eyes
Nexus 6p, Apple iPhone 6sPlus and Microsoft Lumia 950xl running TomTom, Garmin, CoPilot, Navigon, Sygic, Here Drive, Google, Waze, MS Maps
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one... That really got me chuckling! Happy
Guivre46
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been disappointed with the release spec of the Go100x/Via series and commented as such. But xtraseller needs to know I do want one of these devices. Some functionality is lost by the web based interface, but I accept that for the apparent huge improvement in HD traffic.

The 'But' is, as has been pointed out, buying devices on the promise of future improvements, which have not been introduced, and TT moving on with new devices which do have the improvement.

Why TT should not trust me when my money has always been good I wouldn't know. Why I should trust them again - well I don't. Functions up front before I pay up
Kia In-dash Tomtom
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember all those who bought x30 models because at launch there was a promise of an external HD Traffic receiver (that never got released in the UK).

I agree, you can't trust TT to keep a promise on anything as they have a proven track record of not doing so.

Until some functionality is actually released, don't believe the hype.
gatorguy6996
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a US forum, a member, running Win7, had an issue with "device not found" on a 2505, the non-live US version of the 1005. While some others with similar problems had been advised to return/exchange as nothing could be done to revive them, one support person suggested applying Microsoft hotfix KB959765. After doing so, he posted that he could now continue with his map update and all appeared fine. Worth a mention.
pu55er
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Relax everyone. (Oh! You already have). I have found my Tom Lead. But not before I ordered a new one and bracket from TT on the 15th. When I flung the lead onto the back seat it went straight into a box of Xmas presents bound for my daughters and she is going to courier the bits back to me as I cannot use it due to it bespoke plug. Oh for USB to make life simple.

Tomtom still have my order placed on 15th pending so if nothing happens today I shall cancel the order on the basis they have none in stock. If they had, they would have taken it off my credit card. Promises for software, promises for goods. They should be in politics.

One other thing. When I did have a lead I find I have to change the USB port each time for My Tomtom to connect. (Win7) It finds the device in any port but the software will not connect unless it has a fresh port. Spooky or what.
mow
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have followed this thread with interest. It follows the ping pong debate I had with the PGPSW team prior to and just after launch. I see they are still banging on about custom POIs etc. I thought this had been settled finally through the Tom Tom announcement with dates for the additions. I hear the cry now “but they don’t deliver on their promises”

Having used the production unit for several weeks now I can report that, as far as I am concerned, the base unit performs on all fronts far better than previous units. Fast route calculation, good clarity, better menu structure, great Live Services facilities, even greater mount etc.

Do I want to change the splash screen? No. Do I need silly voiced? No. Do I want it to play music? No.

Having said that “My Tom Tom” is a complete mess, and there are no excuses for that. I have had an outstanding support query for a month now as the application will not load on 64bit machines running Vista (well not on any of my 64bit machines) No back up, no map downloads is really bad news and a disgrace.

Anyway Etraseller you are a brave man, but if, like me, you put your head above the trench and fire you can be expected to be bombarded at by all the enthusiasts !!!
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New download for Navigator today from my TomTom (approx. 118mb)

Details are

Version 10.024
(GO 1000 and GO LIVE 1000)

Improves artwork, layout and translations in several places
Increases overall stability and performance (amongst others for connections with PC, bluetooth phones and RDS-TMC receivers)
Fixes problems with LIVE roaming in Luxembourg
Improves route planning precision in a few very specific situations
Fixes several minor audio problems and other minor bugs
Introduces several minor UI improvements, like removing the need for street selection in Google local search

Just need this snow to ease now so we can use it!
madhatter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downloading now. Nice to see its eventually being updated. Hopefully will stop the reboots. Just need custom / 3rd party poi support now and i will be happy.
mjdj1689
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just downloaded the updates to mine, still seems not to be smooth when going through the menus, seeing as we still have to count on Tom Toms database of speed cams, have they been updated yet ? is the over the air updates working ?

Roll on when I can use the Database from here, wonder thou how we will download that to the 1000 ?
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downloaded and installed fine, night time colour plan seems improved, as does roundabout lane navigation. Also seems to be slightly earlier vocal announcement of guidance instruction, which was needed

Don't have lag on my menus - what seems to be the problem on yours? Could you elaborate so we can confirm if same as our units or problem with your unit...?

Speed cams work fine for me, and always seem on target or there abouts.... fixed cameras are via PC downloads, mobile over the air - but cannot answer your question regarding if they are updated currently or not, but seem okay so I'm happy (nice to the have PGPSW ones in a TomTom Chargable App option one day next year - that would be good for everyone!)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: