Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PGPSW Speed Camera Database on TomTom iPhone App
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PGPSW Speed Camera Database on TomTom iPhone App
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SSR
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

CFG didn't work as far as the alerts were concerned, so it does appear to be version specific.

I'm now holding out hope for someone to create a file with warnings for all Very Happy
Aerovision
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:29 am    Post subject: How (with what) can one edit the mapsettings.cfg file? Reply with quote

Hi, got this working well. However, it seems to only warn of speed cameras when you have a route planned. I want it to do be warned whenever I have TomTom running on iPhone, even when no route is planed. How do I do this???

Thanks,
Aerovision
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would need a new mapsettings.cfg file created on a TomTom PND configured in the way you require i.e. "Warn When Near POI" selected to OFF for each camera, for the v1,5 app you need a cfg file from a v855 map - Mike
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incorrect info removed

Last edited by PaulB2005 on Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pardon me, but (for Aerovision) for getting warnings without a route planned, don't you SELECT "Warn when near" for ALL cameras but UNSELECT "Warn only if POI is on route" for ALL cameras? (Done in a mapsettings.cfg file from an appropriate GO/map model).

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Aerovision
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, thanks for the replies. Sorry if I am being thick here but where is the UNSELECT "Warn only if POI is on route" option on TomTom iPhone v.1.5? I certainly can't find it as an option. Also, surely the UNSELECT should be the default option, but it seems not on the iPhone?

If not there, then is this something in mapsettings.cfg? If so, I can edit with a Hex editor like XV132. But what do I look for and what do I change?

The only other version of TomTom that I have access to on a cooked ROM Xperia X1, running Pocket PC v.7.450, with v.815.2024 Western Europe map. I tried a copy of the iPhone mapsetting.cfg on the Xperia but it crashed. The Xperia one is MapSettings.cfg (not capitals) if it helps.

Many thanks for all help.

Aerovision
Aerovision
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add to my last post. If it is simple with the right bit of kit, then I can e-mail my own mapsettings.cfg if someone knows how to sort this.

Grateful for all help and sorry if I am lacking in knowledge in this area.

Again, really apreciate all I have learned on this forum.

Aerovision
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to create a mapsettings.cfg file on a PND running v855 maps, when you set up the POI warnings is the time to leave out the "Warn Only if POI on Route" checkbox, the file from the download is set up to only warn with a route selected.
There are far too many options such as different distances/ POI types etc to create a specific mapsettings.cfg file that will suit everyone, I only made the file available to show forum users what is possible.

A longer term solution would be for TomTom to add the full Manage POI menu options to the iPhone app but that might take some time - Mike
marmitebcfc
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike you are a star. I loaded all the info onto my iphone sunday night. I have spent the last 3 days testing it out and making some minor adjustments with the speed camera warning sounds I find it best to use Liz's voice with the siren (loud) Just one question to the forum has anybody managed to get bigger icons for the iphone4 yet Question (not that this is to important just adds the finishing touch)
Once again Mike a big thankyou to you Very Happy
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marmitebcfc wrote:
Just one question to the forum has anybody managed to get bigger icons for the iphone4 yet Question (not that this is to important just adds the finishing touch)

I do consider that important and have been working on it, I think I have a working solution but would like to increase the size slightly further before explaining whats needed, best option will be to add the extra larger icon files to the download once I have checked on a 3G or 3GS that the larger icons don't mess up the install on pre iPhone 4 devices - Keep your eye on this thread as I hope to get some time to post up the info this weekend - Mike
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note, to get this working with version 1,6 (which sounds like its just hit the app store today) you will require a new mapsettings.cfg file to install to your iPhone along with all the other files.

The first post in this thread contains the files for version 1,5 I will get a new set of files ready later today - Big plus point is the warnings still work with the new 1,6 version - Mike
pete1336
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike, I take it that once done the first post will be edited showing the new file is ready to download?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The files linked in the opening post on Page 1 are now updated to support TomTom iPhone v1.6.
Feek
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is really good, thank you.

I use a Mac and I had to tick the following box in DiskAid for it to show me all the appropriate folders:

I also get the speed limit sign out of alignment in the top left but I'm not too bothered about that, it's just good to get the alerts working within TomTom.

The only thing I'd love to see is the new short sound warnings as per the PGPSW iPhone application instead of the included ones as I find the long warnings to be just too long Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 5 of 42

Jump to: