Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Search issues with BB Torch 9800
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Search issues with BB Torch 9800

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Telmap User Group
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acelink
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Search issues with BB Torch 9800 Reply with quote

Great new interface on Telmap for Torch!
However, when searching for an address when I type the letter R as in 59 Newberry Road as soon a I type the R the ADVERT screen pops up. If i close the ad screen the search input box does not allow me to type the R and proceeds to fill the search box with a ROW OF 33333333.
Only the letter R causes this problem.
Obviously as most addresses have an R in them (Road, Rd. or a Canadian , UK postal code) the search function is useless.
Any thoughts?
Question
SyBorg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same as I posted in the annoucement thread :-) glad to see it's not just me
SyBorg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've now used the 9800 version for navigating a few times and I have to say that I'm impressed. It is a significantly improved experience with the touch screen interface and new styling. The in-navigation menu is great, the addition of next maneuver information is very useful and the widgets are more accessible.

For me the user experience is now approaching what I had in the past with Tomtom. All that is missing for me to make it perfect
1) Customisable voices (which would not work with saying street names I know)
2) Current speed vs speed limit information/alerts. Very useful for when driving on unfamiliar roads or countries.
3) and of course the issue with the 'R' key needs fixing when there are adverts Rolling Eyes

A great feature that I know was once looked at and then abandoned would be to sync the favourites between the device and a website to add/manage them from a pc and ensure they are available after updating of the software of changing devices.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Telmap User Group All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: