Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help I can't get my iphone 3GS tomtom speedcams to work
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help I can't get my iphone 3GS tomtom speedcams to work
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tim2985
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:39 am    Post subject: Help I can't get my iphone 3GS tomtom speedcams to work Reply with quote

Help !!

I bought from itunes the tomtom western map package £69.99 and installed it perfectly on my iphone - works well.

I have scince followed the instructions on here to put the pocketgps speedcam database on it ....

I downloaded the OV2 , OGG voice, and BMP files to a folder and tried to rename the *.bmp files to *.png however they didn't have any *.bmp file extension on them i.e they appeared as pocketgps_uk_mobile_40 with nothing after so I just renamed them all by adding .png at the end pocketgps_uk_mobile_40.png

I copied the MapSettings.cfg from my Tom Tom 930 that has everything working fine and replaced the same file on my iphone using diskaid.

I think that I have followed everything to the letter but cannot find in the POI section of tomtom on my iphone anything to do with speedcams??

Have I done it correctly??

Thanks
Tim
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The files will habe the .bmp extention, but I suspect thet your computer is hiding them, as Mr. Gates decided that it would be a good idea to do this.

In Vista open 'Computer' Click the Tools menu then select folder options. Click the 'View' tab un-check the 'Hide extentions for known file types' checkbox

What you have almost certainly don is to rename ***.bmp to ***.bmp.PNG

Hope this sorted you. The setting may be in a different place in XP or Win 7, but it is there somewhere. Sad
tim2985
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:34 am    Post subject: MapSettings.cfg file needed Reply with quote

Hi

I have now got all the speedcams and .png files working but my MapSettings.cfg file is no good - I copied it from a GO 930 that I have been using to the folder specified on the PGS website but it still doesn't work - you can see the speedcam icons approaching byt there is no voice warning signal.....

Help please

Cheers
Tim
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go back to the guide on PGPSW where I put all the instructions for putting the speed camera database on the iPhone app, there is a download link on the page that contains a full set of renamed icon files along with ogg audio files and the all important mapsettings.cfg file.

If you are still trying to use your own MapSettings.cfg file have you changed the file name to mapsettings.cfg (note the difference as its all lowercase) this is required for iPhone - Mike
tim2985
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:32 am    Post subject: Still no voice alerts on iphone Reply with quote

Hi

I tried the download link with the .png and .ogg files together with the new mapsettings.cfg file - still doesn't work, I put my original converted icon files back on the iphone together with the new config file and I can see the speed icons on the phone but still no alerts (the config file I downloaded had recent destinations showing Frenchay, Stoke on Trent, Kingsmead blackpool.... so I guess that I must have put it in the right location.

Does it matter what voice files I put on the iphone - the ones I downloaded were for the "stephen" voice?

I put the .OGG files with the .PNG files and the .OV2 all in the same fplace on the iphone and because I can see the speed limit icons can I assume that I have the voice files in the correct location?

If so then the mapsettings.cfg file must be wrong....

Doh !!

Help please.......[/b][/u]
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Install all the files from the download and see if that works, if it doesn't then it's something your doing incorrectly as this works for those that have tried it.

One other thought what version of map have you got installed, 845, 850, 855 or 860 - Mike
tim2985
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:08 am    Post subject: Map version Reply with quote

Hi Mike

I am using Western_and_Central_Europe_2GB' v855.2892 map and if I put your downloaded icons into my map folder they don't show - if I delete them and put in the downloaded OV2 and .PNG files from your website then I can see the speed icons

I have put the mapsettings.config file where it says on the screen shot - no joy still.... I have moved the mapsettings.cfg file around in my iphone and even put multiple copies of it in different locations but it still wont give audible alerts??

I have put these files on a few tomtom's before with no problems but I am a bit confused with this on my iphone 3GS at the moment??

Cheers
Tim
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try using the ogg files that are supplied with the icons etc, at least this will get all the files that I know work on to your iPhone, at the moment using files from different places is clouding whats wrong - Mike
tim2985
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:16 am    Post subject: X2.png files?? Reply with quote

Hi

I copied ALL the downloaded files including the *X2.png files to my iphone map folder... Do I have to delete these X2 files or if I want to use the larger icons do I delete the *.png and rename the *X2.png by removing the X2 part

Would this stop the voice alert from working if I left the X2 files in??

Sorry to be persistent but it would be great to get the alerts working..

I am on iphone 4.2.1 operating system in case that matters..

Cheers
Tim
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: X2.png files?? Reply with quote

tim2985 wrote:
I copied ALL the downloaded files including the *X2.png files to my iphone map folder

The mapsettings.cfg file doesn't go in the map folder, check the instructions again.

You don't need to re-name anything at all if you are using the files in the download as long as they are put in to the correct folders it works - Mike
tim2985
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Please look at http://www.hairyspider.co.uk and see if I have installed the files correctly?

the mapsettings.cfg file is 2.5 KB - I have put your downloaded file and my tomtom 930 mapconfig file there and none of them produce an audible alert???

Crying or Very sad

Cheers
Tim
tim2985
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: map folder Reply with quote

That's where is shows to put it on the iphone installation guide - it's not in the main map folder because there are no map files where I put the cfg file... I have tried putting the cfg file singly just about everywhere and multiple copies - I just can't get it to work
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks fine for the mapsettings.cfg any chance you can post up a screen grab from DiskAid showing where the ov2, png and ogg files reside? - Mike
tim2985
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: OV2 PNG and OGG files Reply with quote

Hi Mike

If you look at http://www.hairyspider.co.uk/ The top pic is where the config file is the lower pics I have had to snapshot a few samples because its too big for my screen so if you look at all the pics and imagine you are scrolling on my screen you should be able to see tha path to the relevant OV2 PNG and OGG files - they are in (Applications/Europe/under the Documents then expand Europe down to Western_andd_Central_Europe_2GB)

These are in the same folder as

borders.dat
citymap.dat
cline.dat
cnode.dat
cphonmlh.dat
crpoi.dat
faces.dat
faces.met....etc...
etc...
etc...
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The files all appear to be in the correct location, only got a couple more ideas:

1/ have you shut the app down as this forces it to re-load the files, if the app was running in the background the changes won't take effect until you next shut the TT app off. Try powering the iPhone off then back on.

2/ What version of the TomTom app have you got installed to the unit it needs to be v1,5 - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: