Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Now no bluetooth!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Now no bluetooth!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eastholme
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:00 am    Post subject: Now no bluetooth!! Reply with quote

Recently upgraded to 8.60 on my 930T, and both my phones and remote no longer work.
Both phones see the 930 but fail, the t930 sees the phones but won't connect. The 930 doesn't even respond when the remote is turned on.
Needless to say they were all working ok before the upgrade
So tempting to throw this TomTom crap in the bin and buy a different make, they're nothing but grief.......
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:39 am    Post subject: Re: Now no bluetooth!! Reply with quote

Eastholme wrote:
Recently upgraded to 8.60 on my 930T

You mean just a MAP update (to v860) or did you do a software update at the same time? (v8.351 is the latest for the Go930)

I can't really see how a new map can affect Bluetooth.
Eastholme
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, didn't make myself clear.
I updated my map to 860, don't think the software was updated as this was done a few weeks back. But my Bluetooth definitely isn't connecting, guess I'll be formatting and reinstalling everything again, and again. and again.....
WackyRaces
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:16 am    Post subject: Re: Now no bluetooth!! Reply with quote

Eastholme wrote:
So tempting to throw this TomTom crap in the bin and buy a different make, they're nothing but grief.......

Hear, hear.

I'm seriously considering changing to a Garmin once they have fully sorted out their version of HD traffic, especially as they will also sell you Lifetime map updates for only £40 to £50 extra unlike money grabbing TomTom.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst there are plenty of things that can make me mad about tomtoms, I think one person's extremely unusual problem (which was never proved to be anything to do with the map update is not sufficient to describe the whole range as crap.

Garmin are certainly making some quite nice models now, but I'm sure they still have their own foibles, issues and missing features once you start digging deeper.
WackyRaces
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
Whilst there are plenty of things that can make me mad about tomtoms, I think one person's extremely unusual problem (which was never proved to be anything to do with the map update is not sufficient to describe the whole range as crap.

Well since I upgraded my 940 to v9.058 it appears that the Bluetooth hands free phone function no longer works even though it did work at least some of the time in v8.371 with my Sony Ericsson phone that is stated to be compatible with this TomTom model for hands free calling by TomTom itself on its own website.

Quote:
Garmin are certainly making some quite nice models now, but I'm sure they still have their own foibles, issues and missing features once you start digging deeper.

But I can't imagine they can possibly be any worse than TomTom in their marketing department always promising the absolute earth in terms of features and their software development people just leaving numerous serious bugs outstanding because they don't run a common set of firmware across most of their devices. The whole TomTom firmware situation is reminiscent of being transported back to the Windows 95 and Windows Me era where the product scarcely worked and changing any setting or piece of hardware could make the whole system unstable. Microsoft have moved on from those days and while they do come out with complete new operating systems every couple of years they are still fully and properly supporting users of Windows XP computers as well and constantly bring out additions for XP to let those customers use that operating system with more recent computer hardware and software. And they do all that at zero further ongoing subscription charge.

Bad words gets around about companies in the end and I don't think most owners of an x40 or x50 series TomTom model would be likely to recommend one to their friends. As DennisN has proven via his three or four way in car TomTom model tests most of the apparently amazing new TomTom features like IQ routes and HD Traffic are largely marketing gimmicks allowing more money to be charged and actually make very little difference to the journey planned or the length of time estimated for the journey compared to units up to the x20 series. If I had my time again I would probably have bought a 910 with new maps for just £99 a year and a half ago instead of a 940 and be about £250 better off by now as a result.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WackyRaces wrote:

Well since I upgraded my 940 to v9.058 it appears that the Bluetooth hands free phone function no longer works even though it did work at least some of the time in v8.371 with my Sony Ericsson phone that is stated to be compatible with this TomTom model for hands free calling by TomTom itself on its own website.

What model?
Until my wife put my Sony Ericsson through a full 60 degree wash-dry cycle a couple of days ago it was still working fine with v9.058 on a 940 and a 950.
Eastholme
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read carefully before you comment on something I never said.
At no time did I say the whole range was crap, all I said was I'm fed up with this TomTom crap.
My 930T has been a whole host of trouble, mainly since I started using their map upgrade service and I'm fed up with it.
I never know from one day to another whether it'll behave as I would expect it to.
The latest to hit it is the traffic info has stopped working!
Don't know from when as I hadn't been on a long journey for a while and when I want it to work it wont.....
TomTom strikes again......
WackyRaces
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eastholme wrote:
At no time did I say the whole range was crap, all I said was I'm fed up with this TomTom crap.

My 930T has been a whole host of trouble, mainly since I started using their map upgrade service and I'm fed up with it.

I never know from one day to another whether it'll behave as I would expect it to.

I am only speaking from experience of the 940 Live and 750 live units which are a whole heap more trouble than the 730T due to all the issues caused by the Live Services making the units freeze and reboot as a result of the GPS data connection not always being able to talk to the TomTom servers in the way it expects. I have seen a friend's 720 on operation in his car and it seems that up to the x20 series that the Go models did work consistently for navigation and did not lock up etc.
WackyRaces
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
What model?

Until my wife put my Sony Ericsson through a full 60 degree wash-dry cycle a couple of days ago it was still working fine with v9.058 on a 940 and a 950.

I'm having trouble with a Sony Ericsson V600i with a 940 with Navcore 9.058 and an Sony Ericsson K770i with a 750 with Navcore 9.054

With the 750 the K770i pairs ok and the 750 rings and auto answers when a phone call comes in but consistently no audio spoken at the 750 can be heard by the person calling it on their phone - this was not the case with the Navcore the 750 originally had when it was new at the end of December 2009 when the person calling could hear the person speaking to the TomTom.

With the 940 my V600i will initially pair and work with it but then after I make a phone call or two and make another one there is suddenly no audio or ringing tone on the 940 from the outgoing call but if I listen to the mobile phone the line has connected and is ringing. This is only cured by a full soft reset on the 940 and turning off the mobile phone and starting all over again but the same thing always happens again sooner or later.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... not good. Sad
Kinetic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bluetooth has suddenly stopped working on my 530 saying 'your phone does not support this feature' This is strange as it's been working fine for almost a year now. Confused
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you reset the tomtom and the phone?
Kinetic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhn wrote:
Have you reset the tomtom and the phone?

I did yesterday and no joy but after reading your post I thought I'd give it another go and hey presto it's working again. Very Happy
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs Up

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: