Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Newest version hangs my 9700
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Newest version hangs my 9700

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Telmap User Group
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kstrouse
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:28 am    Post subject: Newest version hangs my 9700 Reply with quote

I love this app, and I'm really upset that I can't use it anymore. I installed the newest beta on my BB9700. The first problem was that it takes forever to "synchronize resources" before I can even put in my authorization code. When I finally get the code in, it accepts my code and takes me back to the page where I've pasted in the code instead of taking me to the app. So I back out of that and launch the app.
Then it appears to launch, but I never get past the little green progress bar on the splash screen. Eventually the device goes into a lock state because it has gone to sleep waiting for Telmap to launch. When I try to wake it up with my password, the device doesn't accept the password. Apparently Telmap is eating up all of the resources of the BlackBerry, and even my password doesn't get processed. So it's a cold reboot. I never get any kind of an error message. The device just dies.
I've done this about a dozen times, deleted the app and reinstalled from scratch, and hoped that one of these efforts would work. I'm going to miss Telmap if you can't fix this.
Thanks.
Gridlock
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your problem is common to many with different model Blackberries. I can ony conclude that the issue is with the Telmap system.
GuyH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As above. this is been reported as an issue by a lot of users over on the crackberry forums as well. Hopefully the Telmap team can look into it which I'm sure they are.
skratchi
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same issue here. BB 9700 Bold, Firmware 5.0.0.862.

The new version worked well after installation for 2 or 3 days. Suddenly a screen appeard "Synchronizing resources...". It was stuck on this screen, so I had to reboot my device. From this time on, I couldn't use Telmap anymore, same as kstrouse.
scowley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anybody got this resolved? Same on my BB 8900. Uninstalled old version, rebooted, battery pull, rebooted, installed new version. Takes 10 mins at "Synchronizing Resources", then when I type activation key in and click OK, it returns to the Activation Code field. Then my 8900 just hangs. I can get to the other icons by using the B poer button but can't close Telmap 5 without shutting the BB down.
ridr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clicked on my Telmap icon again today just to see what would happen - AND IT'S WORKING AGAIN! YAY!
kstrouse
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. Mine is fixed, too. Thanks, Telmap!
TmRx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wuhuu it's fixed Smile ..and the street names are louder now in the german language nice Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Telmap User Group All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: