Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CamerAlert Support
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CamerAlert Support
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RavingDave
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
RavingDave wrote:
The HUD option doesn't appear to do anything on the iPhone 4. I was expecting the display to switch to mirror writing mode, but this doesn't seem to be the case?

you need to lay it flat, for example on your dashboard, then it will do the mirror-writing. then, when you pick it up, it will revert to normal mode so you can read it still Very Happy

thanks - that's working fine now when flat - I'll give it a go
RavingDave
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: Sound alerts issue Reply with quote

I discovered the same problem with sound warnings fading the music, but then not resuming the normal level after 'all clear'.

So I decided to switch off sound warnings, but when I did this I no longer got the red upcoming camera box appearing at the bottom of the screen. The speed numbers turned red, and the speed limit icon at top right came up, but not the camera info screen. Had to stop the App and re-start to get them showing up again.

Then I did the same thing again, and when approaching a camera no camera info box appeared, so I pressed the list view button - this displayed the upcoming camera in red, and the list of nearby cameras as usual. I then pressed the list button again to go back to the map and the red upcoming box was displayed on the screen at the bottom of the map, but it also had the heading bar showing other cameras in the area (just the header, not the actual cameras). When I had passed the camera the camera box remained on screen, but showed as other cameras in the area behind me. Only when I pressed the list button once, and then again did the camera info box of the passed camera disappear from the map screen.

Seems like there is some problem displaying the camera info box when sound warnings are switched off in map view?
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Sound alerts issue Reply with quote

RavingDave wrote:
I discovered the same problem with sound warnings fading the music, but then not resuming the normal level after 'all clear'.

until v1.2 is released I would recommend using 'pause' mode instead of 'fade'

MaFt
martmitch
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone with a 3GS finding that since OS4 every 30 mins or so the phone will run out of memory when running cameralert and kill the running program, exiting you to the springboard? problem with the app or os4, not surprised if it was the latter have had issues with os4, mainly performance related!
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fixed in the upcoming v1.2
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martmitch wrote:
anyone with a 3GS finding that since OS4 every 30 mins or so the phone will run out of memory when running cameralert

I can't find the posts right now, but I remember seeing somewhere that they have cracked this with the forthcoming release - I'm waiting for that to solve it for me too. Apparently it's down to OS4 being naughty with memory. At least I can restart CamerAlert with a single tap, just annoying that OS4 makes me do it every 30 minutes or less.

Dammit MaFt, you're supposed to be on holiday, not beating us poor slow typers (who use shift key) to reply.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
Dammit MaFt, you're supposed to be on holiday, not beating us poor slow typers (who use shift key) to reply.
That's what slows you down. Confused Apart from being a man, old and tired Very Happy Perhaps should include grumpy as well Twisted Evil
RavingDave
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noticed another feature on the iphone4. After using the music controls the program seems to forget the 'prevent standby' setting and the screen keeps dimming?
SHC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavingDave wrote:
Noticed another feature on the iphone4. After using the music controls the program seems to forget the 'prevent standby' setting and the screen keeps dimming?

I've got that too, hoping 1,2 has a fix. Oh and Apple, I know you've been busy this last week but can we have 1.2 please? Rolling Eyes
RavingDave
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject: Top Tip for night mode Reply with quote

Currently night mode is not really that effective if you want to view in map mode as the map is mainly shown on a light / white background.

However if you go into the main settings / general / accessibility menu, and then set the 'White on Black' option to 'On', you then get all the colours inverted, which results in quite a reasonable night coloured map on a black background.
Lemec
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:58 am    Post subject: 1.2 update Reply with quote

Got the Cameralert v 1.2 update from Itunes the other day.

First time I've had chance to use it was today and I can confirm that it runs in a fully multitasking environment (Cameralert & Navigon both active) without the cameralert app crashing after 1/2 an hour or so.

Running on an Iphone 3GS 8mb with iOS4.0

Runs that well I've also now downloaded the full postcode upgrade and the traffic reports upgrade for Navigon and the old windows smartphone is now fully redundant.

Thanks boys.....worth the wait!
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: 1.2 update Reply with quote

Lemec wrote:
Got the Cameralert v 1.2 update from Itunes the other day.

First time I've had chance to use it was today and I can confirm that it runs in a fully multitasking environment (Cameralert & Navigon both active) without the cameralert app crashing after 1/2 an hour or so.

Running on an Iphone 3GS 8mb with iOS4.0

Runs that well I've also now downloaded the full postcode upgrade and the traffic reports upgrade for Navigon and the old windows smartphone is now fully redundant.

Thanks boys.....worth the wait!

Thanks Lemec - we need this in the AppStore reviews :D

MaFt
gadget_sa
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got my iPhone 4 and this is one of the first extras I added to it (for the multi tasking capability).
Just one small issue, My icons at the bottom are different to those above - I don't have the little Speedo Icon on the left (second one in) but I do have a little music icon on the right (sound controls).
Might be worth just updating the above very comprehensive instructions. Idea

Brilliant by the Way!! Not Worthy

iPhone 6 with Western Europe & CamerAlert
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you are right, the speedo icon has been let go. To start/stop averaging you now need to tap the speed display. Time to update the documentation...

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
mcqueen
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m having problems multi-tasking TomTom v1.5 with CamerAlert v1.2. They seem to be battling over the GPS signal. This causes the TomTom app to keep flickering black and white as it struggles with the signal. If TomTom wins then CamerAlert closes if it hasn’t been able to get a signal for more than 5 mins. The apps don’t crash so no crash logs are created. Both apps work fine on their own.

I’m using iOS4 on a 3GS 32GB iPhone (not jailbroken), along with the TomTom car kit (which is plugged in and charging the phone).

Only other app running is iPod (double clicking home button confirms this).

I’ve read on these forums that the latest versions of TomTom and CameraAlert should have resolved this issue, yet I’m still having problems. Any chance of a fix or workaround?

Thanks for your help.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: