Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigon 70 Series
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigon 70 Series
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:28 pm    Post subject: Navteq Reply with quote

With my Garmin Nuvi 765t and my Navigon 40 Premium side by side they will show lane guidance is MANY different places than each other

Both use the latest maps

And it's not just one supplier had later maps than the other as there isn't just more on one than the other they are DIFFERENT

Don't know if that answers you question, but they are not the same - for some reason!
Nexus 6p, Apple iPhone 6sPlus and Microsoft Lumia 950xl running TomTom, Garmin, CoPilot, Navigon, Sygic, Here Drive, Google, Waze, MS Maps
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Navteq Reply with quote

xtraseller wrote:
With my Garmin Nuvi 765t and my Navigon 40 Premium side by side they will show lane guidance is MANY different places than each other

Both use the latest maps

And it's not just one supplier had later maps than the other as there isn't just more on one than the other they are DIFFERENT

Don't know if that answers you question, but they are not the same - for some reason!

Lane information and extra's may not be provided by the same companies. Navteq may supply the maps but they may not provide the lane information. The 3D city views in the 84 range is provided by a different company. Sometimes it could be different lead times too... Garmin may have a different release schedule for updates to Navigon which result in differences.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The (current?) map on the Navteq site does seem to show one-way streets, so Skintdad678 may be able to check his misroutings - be interesting if a Garmin could be checked for the same road(s).
cabmanuk
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cubit wrote:
cabmanuk wrote:

Hi BigPerk

Thanks for the reply, the navigon sounds like a good unit Laughing Out Loud you know what its like when you are use to one sat nav its hard to change(creature of habit) Laughing Is there a quick fix satellite update for it like the TT and is there good support for it?

Thanks cabmanuk

From my experience with the 70 Premium Live over the last week, i found the Satellite fix for every journey to be very fast, no delay at all.

Thanks cubit for your reply great to hear its spot on with the satelite fix Very Happy One more question does the live fuel work in the UK Confused
cabmanuk
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone

Anymore feedback on the navigon 70 live Very Happy
lads2000
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Live fuel does work in the UK however I use fuel cards with work so do not really take notice of the price So cannot tell you how upto date the info is. I have herd that the TomTom version is about a week behind.

I would say that the thread has gone a bit quiet due to the fact that everybody is getting used to their systems (me included) and would say it looks like the system is competent and working well. I'm really enjoying mine and in my previous post I found the arrival times a bit in accurate this seems to have improved as well.
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lads2000 wrote:
Yes Live fuel does work in the UK however I use fuel cards with work so do not really take notice of the price So cannot tell you how upto date the info is. I have herd that the TomTom version is about a week behind.

I would say that the thread has gone a bit quiet due to the fact that everybody is getting used to their systems (me included) and would say it looks like the system is competent and working well. I'm really enjoying mine and in my previous post I found the arrival times a bit in accurate this seems to have improved as well.

The times will get more accurate over time as it uses your average speed and such to calculate the 'my routes' information.
cabmanuk
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone Very Happy
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this comment was interesting from their Facebook page, especially as Navigon seem to agree with it
Quote:
MyRoutes function, the system gradually gets used to the driver's habits to automatically suggest the route you're likely to find the most suitable.
Orange = fastest
Green = shortest
Blue = least traffic
* Orange or Green route could be the longest time to distance with congested traffic (Traffic Live).
Any views, especially from insiders ( Cool Cool )?
cubit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Live traffic info seems pretty accurate, downside is it has yet to actually offer an alternative route. Given it the benefit of doubt upto now in that there may just not have been a suitable alternative option but today there was, but again, not offered.

Also had a it 'lock up' on me today. Couldn't use it, turn it off, reset it, anything. Finally started working again on it's own after about 20 mins. Not sure what caused it.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cubit - I think that if you click on the traffic icon to bring up the list of traffic problems and can see the one you want, it will offer you the option of diverting. You could try that to see if it shortens the journey significantly or not (I think it does a sort of balancing act of not sending you too far out of your way just to save a couple of minutes)?
lads2000
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have yet to see a blue route on mine I get the Orange and Green but have had no blue.

I used my City 3D view in anger for the first time properly in Cardiff yesterday. I like it because the street level view is pretty acurate however I did notice the distance proportions were slightly out so mad it hard to judge where the exact turning is and when to take it especially at more complex junctions. There is so much going on on screen it is hard to view all of the information without taking my eyes off the road for a couple of seconds. however the upside is that you can often find a place by using the screen to see landmarks.

How has everybody else used this and found it?
cubit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigPerk wrote:
cubit - I think that if you click on the traffic icon to bring up the list of traffic problems and can see the one you want, it will offer you the option of diverting. You could try that to see if it shortens the journey significantly or not (I think it does a sort of balancing act of not sending you too far out of your way just to save a couple of minutes)?

Ah, thanx for that. Had looked at the info in there but never actually tried using.

Also waiting to have a go with 3D, that's not popped up yet either. Would have thought birmingham was a big enough city to be included.

Overall, a decent bit of kit though.

Had another glitch on Friday. Live services stopped working. Said i was subscribed to feature.
Restarted unit and all was well with the world again.
cubit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigPerk wrote:

Ah, thanx for that. Had looked at the info in there but never actually tried using.

Also waiting to have a go with 3D, that's not popped up yet either. Would have thought birmingham was a big enough city to be included.

Overall, a decent bit of kit though.

Had another glitch on Friday. Live services stopped working. Said i was subscribed to feature.
Restarted unit and all was well with the world again.
lads2000
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QTR 4 Maps available - anybody downloaded these yet?
I'm just trying now to see what happens

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 11 of 15

Jump to: