Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Music fades but does not resume volume
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Music fades but does not resume volume
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EvilGus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:06 am    Post subject: Music fades but does not resume volume Reply with quote

I am using an iPhone 3GS connected to my Audi head unit to play music. I also have a TomTom which I use for hands free phone.

When a Camera Alert from your iphone app is announced through my head unit it fades the music, but does not bring the volume back up. I have to quit the app to fix it. I am running the latest OS4 on my phone, and it only started doing this after that updated from OS3.

Can you help?
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, this issue was actually fixed when iOS4.0 was released and we updated to version 1.1

however, since apple released iOS4.0.1 the issue has returned. we have checked and checked and checked and there are no issues in the code itself - especially as it worked on 4.0 and also works fine on the 4.1 beta...

we've reported the bug to apple but, to be honest, i doubt they will do anything to fix 4.0.1, especially as 4.1 is currently in the works...

you COULD try rolling back to 4.0 but i'm not sure if it's possible and/or how you would do it.

MaFt
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ps - as a temporary workaround you could always set it to 'pause' instead of 'fade'

settings cog / sound warnings / iPod control
sneeks
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem here when used with my Alpine headunit. Pause worked better but it also eventually completely muted the volume after a warning was announced, closing the app was the only fix.
bridgepa
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:05 pm    Post subject: iPod Sound Issues Reply with quote

Hi, I also have the same issue. When I select pause it pauses but doesn't resume when I select fade it remains faded.

I'm trying different senarios like starting the iPod with the application and before the app starts as it isn't always consisent but nothing has been 100% 100% of the time. I had the older version 1.0 on another iTunes PC I don't use frequently and installed this version. This doesn't have the iPod fuction and you can select none or fade. Selecting None does what it says on the tin and doesn't effect the iPod. Any chance this option could be enabled as a work around to this issue so there are 3 options, None, Pause, Fade?

I have the TomTom applciation and this fades/resumes with out issue.

I'm on firmware 4.0.1 and unfortunatly can't roll back to 4.0 and I certainly don't want to roll forward.

Thanks
AndrewH13
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know if faded music problem was fixed in iphone 4.1? I dont wish to upgrade at moment as I have heard it messes up USB transfer to Alpine etc car stereos.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CamerAlert 1.2 (which is currently sitting with Apple waiting for review) fully resolves the 'fade' issue seen in 4.01, 4.02 and 4.1.

MaFt
AndrewH13
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
CamerAlert 1.2 (which is currently sitting with Apple waiting for review) fully resolves the 'fade' issue seen in 4.01, 4.02 and 4.1.

MaFt

Only had a quick test this morning but found v1.2 partially solves the problem. Works fine with itunes in background and CamerAlert in foreground. But with LastFM in background and CamerAlert in foreground it still dims sound. Will check further tomorrow. (Running 3GS IOS 4.0.2 as 4.1 apparantly ruins Alpine and other radio's USB connection!).

First go of v1.2 looks very good, love the new clear voices, well done.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are you powering your device? And when you say 'dims sound' do you mean the volume is lowered or the screen backlight is dimmed?
AndrewH13
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
How are you powering your device? And when you say 'dims sound' do you mean the volume is lowered or the screen backlight is dimmed?

iPhone powered from Alpine radio via dedicated high-speed lead. I mean sound is lowered during message and doesnt return to correct volume. As previous posts are talking about.
AndrewH13
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried a bit more testing of 3GS with Alpine stereo. This time with LastFM in the background, CamerAlert ran fine until first speed message, music then stopped and App froze. Alpine went 'searching for ipod' then had 'Not Authorised' message which I've only ever seen once before. Disconnecting iphone from radio didnt help but turning iPhone on and off cleared the message.

Running LastFm AND CamerAlert in background with NDrive in foreground worked fine on a 30 mile trip. This will be my preferred option so thats good. Also, Itunes in background had no problems.
martmitch
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndrewH13 wrote:
Darren wrote:

iPhone powered from Alpine radio via dedicated high-speed lead. I mean sound is lowered during message and doesnt return to correct volume. As previous posts are talking about.

I am also experiencing this issue on my 3GS through a car dock with fm transmitter. Typically a zone alert will come on, when resuming ipod audio the sound output has been turned down, I turn the radio up to compensate, I travel through another alert zone, when ipod resumes this time audio output is back to original level blowing my ears off

Add this to the other big problem I am having where after a zone alert the sound will randomly stop being routed through the fm transmitter altogether, and require me to redock it to get audio going back through the dock and therefore my car stero again

all whilst trying to drive a car... please sort this - its actually dangerous for both reasons above, I havent upgraded OS since 2.1 (currently on 4.0.1), the alert setting is set to be routed through the iphone speaker just how it was on the previous version which I wish I could go back to... i'd much rather have the out of memory crashes every 30 mins than have my eardrums blown and constantly having to take the phone out of the dock and re-seat it whilst driving along Sad
AndrewH13
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried with TuneIn Radio (Radio5) in background and CamerAlert in foreground. It correctly lowered volume and returned after camera warning message but after AllClear, the volume stayed lower.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martmitch wrote:
please sort this - its actually dangerous for both reasons above, I havent upgraded OS since 2.1 (currently on 4.0.1)

well, there you have it. there is a bug in both 4.0.1 and 4.0.2 iphone software which stops the volume reverting. if you upgrade to the latest phone software (4.1) then the issue is resolved without us needing to change any code. it worked fine in 4.0, stopped in 4.0.1 and 4.0.2 and now works fine in 4.1. all without changing any code at our end...

MaFt
martmitch
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
martmitch wrote:
please sort this - its actually dangerous for both reasons above, I havent upgraded OS since 2.1 (currently on 4.0.1)

well, there you have it. there is a bug in both 4.0.1 and 4.0.2 iphone software which stops the volume reverting. if you upgrade to the latest phone software (4.1) then the issue is resolved without us needing to change any code. it worked fine in 4.0, stopped in 4.0.1 and 4.0.2 and now works fine in 4.1. all without changing any code at our end...

MaFt

well there you have it, case closed etc...

The dangerous feature of your app is having to re-dock it after passing through alert zones, whilst driving, the audio resume level is just annoying.

This problem most didnt exist in version 1.1 of the app, which I was using with the same OS on my phone.

You ask people to leave decent reviews in itunes for you... in my experience using your app there are more bugs with each release, very frustrating considering the app is the biggest investment in terms of app cost + subscription by a long distance.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: