Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CamerAlert v1.2 Now Available in Appstore
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CamerAlert v1.2 Now Available in Appstore
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gajet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Camera Alert Stops working. Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
lonesome wrote:
Camera Alert stops working behind TOMTOM. It may work when first starting out and then nothing until I swop them around to restart. It isn't consistant and cannot be relied upon at the moment to work in the background.

In what way does it stop working?

I've seen this twice too. I've completed my journey and shut down Tomtom, and noticed the "GPS active" icon on the phones status bar dissapears with Tomtom. I touch the CamerAlert icon with the intention of terminating that app and it starts up, implying it was not working in the background.
I would expect when closing down Tomtom I would continue to see the GPS indicator as CamerAlert would be active.

However I need to play more to form any real conclusions.
WindyMilly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Bluetooth Sounds Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
WindyMilly wrote:
Doesn't the Apple SDK allow apps to access Bluetooth? It would be so useful if CA broadcast sound over BT.

If sound is being played, and your cradle support the use of BT Audio then that should work.

I'm not sure but I don't know if the iPhone supports BT Audio without the use of a compatible cradle though?

Darren - thanks. Even though the iPhone is physically connected to the cradle for charging, the phone connects the BMW's iDrive via BT. I cannot play the iPhone's iPod with my set up. I have a separate iPod (nano) in the glovebox which also connects to iDrive and mimics a CD changer.

The solution I'm looking for would be for CA to broadcast its audio over BT to iDrive simulating a phone call.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah I see. If you can't play iPod music over the BT connection you have then we cannot broadcast our sounds/alerts.

XCode gives no control over that, it's handled at the OS level.
lonesome
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Camera Alert stops announcing camera positions. For example this morning it anounced the first mobile position half a mile from start but nothing more for the next 50 miles until I swopped with TOMTOM
and back after it had found my location on the map then it worked close to my destination. I have just done a short 5 miles where it did work. Can TOMTOM "Poor GPS Reception" stop Camera Alert from working when the signal is again picked up?
WindyMilly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Ah I see. If you can't play iPod music over the BT connection you have then we cannot broadcast our sounds/alerts.

XCode gives no control over that, it's handled at the OS level.

OK. BMW do offer a smart phone interface option which I believe allows the iPod to play through iDrive either directly connected or over BT. I'll have a word with my BMW stealer to see if I can get any sort of credit on the glovebox iPod/CD changer gizmo as this would then be redundant.

Thanks again for all your hard work.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind that BT Audio is not the same as BT Audio.

You need to differentiate between Handsfree/Headset Audio transmission (which is mono, and exclusively for phone conversations) and Music audio (also known as A2DP).

CamerAlert supports and detects the A2DP audio connection. (In that case we play some silence before and during the announcement, in order to keep the BT connection up, and to prevent choppy announcements).

There is no way to push announcements through Headset/Handsfree profiles. Whatever you have in your car has to support A2DP.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
wazzzzupmate
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am running Tomtom on the iphone3gs in the Tomtom iphone cradle.
Since running both Tomtom and the pgpsworld speed cam app at the same time I keep getting a poor gps signal. So much so I have to close down the cam alert to get the Tomtom working ok.
Has anyone else noticed this?
GMT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried using the new version with tomtom running and it seems to be conflicting with it .. With cameralert running in the background tomtom keeps losing gps signal every 5-10 seconds. As soon as I close cameralert down tomtom works perfectly again.

Using an iPhone 4 with latest versions of all software..

Any ideas ?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GMT wrote:
I've tried using the new version with tomtom running and it seems to be conflicting with it .. With cameralert running in the background tomtom keeps losing gps signal every 5-10 seconds. As soon as I close cameralert down tomtom works perfectly again.

Using an iPhone 4 with latest versions of all software..

Any ideas ?

As I've said a few times in this thread, and as forewarned on the CamerAlert iTunes page, TomTom v1.4 has a bug that causes this.

It happens to some even when not using CamerAlert and is outside of our control.

TomTom have submitted v1.5 to Apple which fixes the bug, I have it here and can confirm that. We're just waiting on Apple to approve it and release.
wazzzzupmate
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Darren.
GMT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, and sorry should have read the whole thread before posting!

Hope 1.5 comes out soon!
wazzzzupmate
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used camera alert with Tomtom 1.5 for the iphone this morning and driven about 60 miles. I can confirm that Tomtom no longer loses the gps signal when multitasking with camera alert. Early days yet but so far so good. Very Happy
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so it WAS TomTom after all like we said Wink. Hopefully the AppStore reviewer will update TomTom and their review too after saying OUR app doesn't work with TomTom. Reality is/was that TomTom didn't work with our app Very Happy

MaFt
johngoodland
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
so it WAS TomTom after all like we said Wink. Hopefully the AppStore reviewer will update TomTom and their review too after saying OUR app doesn't work with TomTom. Reality is/was that TomTom didn't work with our app Very Happy

MaFt

I will... but I need to to do further tests Shocked

Running Camera alert and Tomtom resulted in, as you said, the tomtom hardly dropped out. However, the camera alert through the road works at Cathorpe interchange didn't fire an average speed 50 alert (I have the latest DB and know these alerts fire) Confused

No problems further up the road with the static 30. Confused
johngoodland
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs up from me guys Smile

Spent the evening giving this version a good old bashing around m42,m6, m1 with tomtom and camera alert running without any issues.

Have reviewed this version and gave you the full marks Wink

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: