Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CamerAlert v1.2 Now Available in Appstore
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CamerAlert v1.2 Now Available in Appstore
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johngoodland
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gstenson wrote:
Hi

I bought 1.2 last night and tried it on my commute to work this morning. On its own its fine and works well. However, I tried putting it into the background and running TomTom. Now TT continually drops its GPS signal. Turning off cameralert and TT is fine again.

Any thoughts?
Thanks

In a way I'm glad you got the same issue... Starting to think I was alone and had a faulty iPhone.

Lets hope TomTom fix sorts us out.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What phone? Strange that this affects only some users. I used to see the error all the time when just running TT 1.4. Glad to report they have at least resolved it and the update should be available soon.
johngoodland
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
What phone? Strange that this affects only some users. I used to see the error all the time when just running TT 1.4. Glad to report they have at least resolved it and the update should be available soon.

iPhone4 16gig model O/S 4.1 (8B117) Model MC603B

I've done the turn off / on etc and the only apps running are TomTom and Camera alert (along with Push and notifications enabled)

Anything else please ask.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checking, I'm using the same setup so happy it is TT to blame. Let's hope Apple get the update approved ASAP.
gstenson
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish Apple would approve TomTom v1.5 so we can try. It was announced to the press at the beginning of September wasn't it?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gstenson wrote:
I wish Apple would approve TomTom v1.5 so we can try. It was announced to the press at the beginning of September wasn't it?

Yes but it would seem even TomTom have fallen victim of the backlog of approvals Apple have been working through. They do seem to be catching up now though so let's hope it gets the green light soon.

Happy to report it plays nice with CamerAlert but then so do all the others. TomTom is the only one that has been troublesome since iOS4.
johngoodland
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Happy to report it plays nice with CamerAlert but then so do all the others. TomTom is the only one that has been troublesome since iOS4.

Lets hope so then we can get back to helping you guys improve the CamerAlert app.
adski
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very much liking the new version and also loaded up the iPad version which looked great but unfortunately I couldn't load the database because it's tied to my iPhone. Any plans to allow 2 devices on an account ??

Adam
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adski wrote:
Very much liking the new version and also loaded up the iPad version which looked great but unfortunately I couldn't load the database because it's tied to my iPhone. Any plans to allow 2 devices on an account ?

Not currently. Nothing to stop you registering for the one time free update on the iPad though.
dorsetwurzel
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 1.2 update is working well here. The voices sound great with my Kensington Amplifying sound mount. No volume issues even in a very noisy Toyota Hilux.

Thanks guys for all your hard work. Razz
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavingDave wrote:
If the CamerAlert App is running in the background, is it still requesting map tiles to be downloaded across the data network, or do these requests only go out whilst it is in the foreground?

Map tiles are only loaded when the map view is actually visible on screen. Even when you go to the settings screen the tile loading pauses.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
WindyMilly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: Bluetooth Sounds Reply with quote

Love the new voices, by the way!

Doesn't the Apple SDK allow apps to access Bluetooth? It would be so useful if CA broadcast sound over BT. I dock my iPhone 3GS in a cradle in my BMW E90. The cradle provides charging power and a link to the roof antenna for the phone, so I can't really use an iO Play. This cradle is located in the centre console such that when the lid is closed I cannot hear CA very well at all! If I rest my elbow on the console I can sometimes feel the warning vibration, but that's about it. Does anyone else have a solutuion for the BMW E90 with BT and centre console cradle? Thanks.
lonesome
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Camera Alert Stops working. Reply with quote

Iphone 3GS OS4.1

I like the app when it is working especially after waitlng so long and checking every day for the update.

Camera Alert stops working behind TOMTOM. It may work when first starting out and then nothing until I swop them around to restart. It isn't consistant and cannot be relied upon at the moment to work in the background.

It has had a fair test this week as I do about 200 miles a day.

Any ideas?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Bluetooth Sounds Reply with quote

WindyMilly wrote:
Doesn't the Apple SDK allow apps to access Bluetooth? It would be so useful if CA broadcast sound over BT.

If sound is being played, and your cradle support the use of BT Audio then that should work.

I'm not sure but I don't know if the iPhone supports BT Audio without the use of a compatible cradle though?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Camera Alert Stops working. Reply with quote

lonesome wrote:
Camera Alert stops working behind TOMTOM. It may work when first starting out and then nothing until I swop them around to restart. It isn't consistant and cannot be relied upon at the moment to work in the background.

In what way does it stop working?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: