Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Duplicate entries in Live services
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Duplicate entries in Live services
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seamaster
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also emailed them about duplicate entries and Google/Weather not working.

Same old Tomtom. One step forward, two steps back. It's a hell of an operation they're running over there. Rolling Eyes
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google search and weather are now telling me "To use this service you need to connect your device to TomTom Home".
Seamaster
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm now getting a similar message. Whereas before the unit always immediately gave a "Cannot connect to Tomtom LIVE services. Please try again later" error when trying to access Google or Weather, it now sometimes does that, and sometimes at least tries... to connect, before giving up and suggesting I check for a new version in Home. Rolling Eyes
aerotec
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same is happening to me. Shame as the Google search was one of the main benefits of LIVE. Might have to get CoPilot 8 for my Smartphone. Just £27, £10 for all the LIVE services and I hear Google search works! Come on TomTom! Sort it out!
psyskiesman
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomTom are still actively trying to sort my original problem which was message "Subscription Expired" and subsequently thought to have something to do with duplicate entries showing in My Services. Well, this morning they have asked me to check Weather, Google Local search and HD Traffic. I did get an error message 1018 when trying to access weather, but on a second attempt it connected OK. All other services appear to be working as they should. I have highlighted to them the 1MPH speed showing in weather.
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot believe the response from Balal at TomTom. He told me the reason I have the problem is because my trial subscription has expired and I should log on using my own login.

I have just spoke to Lauri at TT-UK and he was very helpful and sorted it out in a few minutes. I now have two set of expiry dates, one in 2011 and one in 2012 (correct) but a least they are all working again.

My guess is that subscription expiry dates more than a year away cause a problem somewhere in the system.
aerotec
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a response from TT.

Fuel Prices: They claim I need to delete the fuel prices folder and let HOME re-download it again.

Google Search: I have had my services "removed and re-compensated"?? And they now want me to reset my device...Is this really necessary??

Reply from TT:

We have successfully removed and have re-compensated the service. So now you need to perform the below given steps to use Live services.

Perform the below given steps for a Factory reset.

To perform a Factory Reset please do the following.
Please be aware that you will lose any recent destinations and favourites by doing this - you can make a backup of these first in TomTom HOME by clicking on the button called
Backup & Restore.

• Switch on the unit
• Go to 'Change Preferences' (ensure all menu options are visible)
• Go to the last screen and select 'Reset Factory Settings'
• Select 'Yes'

Please reset the device by visiting http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6965/kw/reset/sno/1

Then try to login to Live service and check if you can successfully use Live services.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us. We will be happy to help.
[/i]
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure by what they mean by recompensated. If it is a temporary account where it detects your unit rather than your logon account you need to do a factory reset to remove your live services logon from the device.

I do not know if there is a simpler way of removing the live services logon by deleting a file, but I cannot find the file or combination of files that does this.

If you need to do a factory reset, it will delete your mapsettings.cfg (most settings and favourites) file and every non-TomTom POI file from your map directory.

I have found that factory reset in deleting the POI files can hang if you have a large number of these POI-OV2 files, so you are best manually deleting these first. Of course do a full backup before starting.

You will also lose your bluetooth pairings with phone and remote control.

I would suggest trying to see if your device works now after the recompensation as this may have fixed the errors on its own but if it does not, do a backup and factory reset.

You may wish to try out the device after the reset without entering your Live Service account details to see what happens as you can enter the details at any time, it is just removing them with the factory reset that causes all the work in restoring your settings and files.

TomTom claim you should always have a GPS lock before trying your first logon, this may tell the services where you are starting from but may just be a red herring.

I am not convinced that if your are re-entering the same account details a factory reset would make any difference. I did a full factory reset yesterday in desperation and I am not sure if this helped when my account was fixed today as I had not logged on between the two events.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrT wrote:

If you need to do a factory reset, it will delete your mapsettings.cfg (most settings and favourites) file and every non-TomTom POI file from your map directory.

Beg to differ....
A factory reset removes all you POI warnings but leaves all the actual user POI files in your map folder.
In fact, on recent software after a factory reset all your user POI categories are automatically selected to be shown on the map, so you have to go through and untick them all again if you don't want the display to slow to a crawl!

Here is a list I made some time ago, which was right at the time and I don't think much has changed since then.
Factory Reset - What it does and doesn't do
aerotec
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy,

Based on your link could I therefore select the USA map and perform the factory reset and therefore save all the settings such as POI and Favourites on the Northern Europe Zone map?

I take it I would lose the tripmaster install and the files from Marvin2003(sp??) for improving the TTS?

Rich
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot explain what happened but on my last factory resets on my Go940 with 9.054 & 9.058, all my installed POI files (or most of them if it locked up) have been deleted. My TT camera warnings and Petrol Station POIs were left. I was not aware of this until then but it deleted several files of self created POIs which I had not backed up recently.

This did not use to happen as I used to factory reset then restore mapsettings.cfg when I had problems.

If you delete mapsettings.cfg when it is re-created it automatically shows all your added POI files plus TTs airports, ports, petrol stations and railway stations (and maybe some I have forgotten). With 9.058 it then also gives you the option of showing POIs in 2D and/or 3D view.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@MrT - Just in case things had changed again, I did do a 'double check' experiment on a unit I had recently re-formatted, before I posted.

I created a new POI category, created a new entry in that category and then UN-TICKED it from showing on the map.

I then did a factory reset and afterwards the file was still intact and it was now selected to show on the map.
This was on v9 software, bu the same has happened every time I've done it recently on v8 software too (I've done a lot of factory resets recently, trying to sort out account issues!)

@aerotec - I've not checked the situation in your specific question recently, but have no reason to suspect it isn't still like it was when I posted that list.
If you do a full backup, and then try your suggestion, if it doesn't work out, you can restore the backup and be back where you started.
Post back with how you get on!
zardoz
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At risk of bringing this thread back on topic, I can say that I have also received an answer from TomTom where they have made exactly the same account changes as for MrT.

I still have two entries as before but now have the dates of 2011 and 2012, but currently unexpired. Everything seems to be working again as a result.

Z.
Seamaster
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a "We're stumped, bear with us" email from Tomtom today.
Seamaster
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got an update this morning, claiming "the LIVE services on your device have been re-compensated" and urging a factory reset.

This has brought the Google and Weather services back to life, but the spurious double icons remain, albeit with changed dates (I now have one each with a changed expiry date in 2011 and one in 2012; the latter relates to the free extension given when LIVE pricing changed, I think — I bet this is an issue just affecting those of to whom that applies).

Looks like there has been a classic Tomtom bodge performed server side just to get the services working again, but we'll be having all this carry on again at some point.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: