Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GO940 - New TomTom App v9.054, Now No Live Services
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GO940 - New TomTom App v9.054, Now No Live Services
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhatter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo Hooo...

just updated 740 all looks good live services work. Took about 4mins to get sat lock after the update.

Lets hope it is a true fix.

Very Happy
Tomo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martin_b wrote:
Great news,

What device do you have?

A 540.

After a second reset the sat lock was much quicker, maybe just hung, it has done this before so doubt its related to the update.

All seems to work as it should, although very different!!!

Not liking the touch screen sensitivity, have to press the screen quite hard to get a reaction!

S.
aerotec
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, I just plugged in to get the map update and I saw it was a newer version. It has installed and is working great. After installing the new map and V9 OS I didn't even have to reset my home and recent destinations are still all showing up!

I can't get fuel prices to work. It states "fuel prices can't be updated, because the information on your map is out of date". Even though I have just loaded up the latest download through Home??

Eco routes is quite good. But is it really an eco route to go from Edinburgh to Milford Haven via the motorways at 490 miles when the fast route down the M6 then cutting through central Wales is 392 miles? Would need to be an increase of 20% in MPG to justify the extra distance.
itaylort
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had already upgraded to the 9.054, but used a back up on a sd card to boot to if I needed to use an older version which had working traffic.

Seen the posts ref the 9.058 upgrade and indeed the tom-tom site is instructing to update the 9.054 to 9.058, but when I connected to update it was not offered as an update by home.

Annyone have any ideas? Have they pulled it already ?

Ian
psyskiesman
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm being offered version 9.058 at this moment in time but hanging fire until it is proven to not upset anything else. I'll probably wait a couple of weeks for it.
SpookyUK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just upgraded my 540 to 9.058 via TomTom Home.

Live seems to be working fine now.
mcwarre
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the upgrade and initially couldn't get tomtom live to work until I went into change preferences then MytomTom account and logged in that way first. It all works now.
furryfred
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated yesterday with great fear of problems.

Initially I could not get Traffic (the side bar had the spinning thingie up for over an hour) but it then settled down, although a bit slow in starting up.

Also had problems navigating to POIs, but, again tjis seems to have settled.

Its a great pity that TT have to get their ass kicked like this to get their problems sorted out - especially when we have paid in advance for them

(a very very nice, handsome and generous gentleman who is really rather modest, shy and retiring!)

They didn't make many like him - and now they've lost the mould!
Pinkpanther
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated my TT940 yesterday, and all is well. Simple update procedure and unit responds perfectly. (Although I did a full backup using Windows Explorer first!) All Live Services work as they should, but I'm not too sure of the accuracy of the Fuel Prices data,......... but that is another issue.

Best regards

Pinkpanther
gazza70
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aerotec wrote:
Excellent, I just plugged in to get the map update and I saw it was a newer version. It has installed and is working great. After installing the new map and V9 OS I didn't even have to reset my home and recent destinations are still all showing up!

I can't get fuel prices to work. It states "fuel prices can't be updated, because the information on your map is out of date". Even though I have just loaded up the latest download through Home??

Eco routes is quite good. But is it really an eco route to go from Edinburgh to Milford Haven via the motorways at 490 miles when the fast route down the M6 then cutting through central Wales is 392 miles? Would need to be an increase of 20% in MPG to justify the extra distance.

my 540 has the same live fuel prices problem i have emailed tomtom and they are looking into the problem
Seamaster
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google search isn't working for me.
tigerbear
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: working ok Reply with quote

Hi Everyone..

updated to latest vers with trepidation... all works ok though.. it takes a few moments longer to log-in to live services and the initial lack of status bar, until it logs-in, worried me.. but have been out on test and all works.. All live services tested and all fine.. i did have to log into my live account from the satnav when I first tried to access after upgrade..

Hope this helps.. ps have old version saved in case of probs.

Steve - tigerbear
martin_b
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problems at all upgrading a 540. Very Happy

Everything seems just as quick, and I got live services in about 2mins.
matthewj
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, I went to Manchester with the latest 740 software, and it worked just fine. On the way back it showed the horrible static traffic properly on the other carriageway. The new map colours look nice, it operates well, and overall I was really quite happy with it. Even the new layout of the information displays is good, though I must get used to the new speed position for when that police car looms in the rear view and I wonder how fast I was going (fortunately not fast!).

As I left the service station I was even thinking I going to recommend it generally as a great update, but then it crashed. It restarted but failed to work at all well, so it restarted itself again. It then took ages to get satellite lock (I think it was doing it from first principles which is never fast when moving) but it did eventually return to normal. Well, apart from the fact that it didn't make another sound all the way home, and I checked that it was supposed to be. But apart from that, it really is a nice upgrade (so long as the post someone made that you can't view individual traffic incidents isn't true - that would be a major loss).
Wunay
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated my 740 Live and all seems OK. The only (minor?) drawback that I can see at this time is that after inserting a destination and then wishing to see the route in Demo mode, and thereby establishing that the latest Pocket GPS World speed cameras are functioning, does not appear to be available.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16

Jump to: