Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CoPilot on HTC Desire with Handsfree
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CoPilot on HTC Desire with Handsfree

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rmjowen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: CoPilot on HTC Desire with Handsfree Reply with quote

Hey,

Does anyone know for sure if any of the Parrot handsfree kits, such as the MKi9200 will play the CoPilot speech / sounds from an HTC Desire? The volume on the Desire is a little low and I struggle to hear it.

Thanks
maca2
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this is any help but I have recently purchased Copilot 8 for Android & use it on my Nexus One. My phone is set to take any calls onto to my cars stereo blue tooth but when I set it to also send media to the car copilot does not cut off on the phone so I get the coppilot sound over my cars stereo & on the phone. My phone sends call & music to my bluetooth OK so it's the copilot software that is at fault.
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: CoPilot on HTC Desire with Handsfree Reply with quote

rmjowen wrote:
Does anyone know for sure if any of the Parrot handsfree kits, such as the MKi9200 will play the CoPilot speech / sounds from an HTC Desire? The volume on the Desire is a little low and I struggle to hear it.

You will need one of the newer ones that also use A2DP profile. The older ones, like my CK3000, only used headset/handset profiles
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
Duddy
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: CoPilot on HTC Desire with Handsfree Reply with quote

rmjowen wrote:
Hey,

Thanks

See my post 13/05/10 in CoPilot Live (Alk) forum under "Welcome to CoPilot Live stopped"
You can get the speech, from CoPilot through some later blutooth devices but the phone speech does not mute.

I have a HTC Legend running CoPilot 8 and after discussion with Alk I have come to the conclusion they are aware of the problem but have no solution at this time.

The solution I use (although it doesn't help you) is to ensure in the bluetooth profile the phone profile is selected (allowing calls thru to your bluetooth device but media audio is deselected otherwise you get the echo effect.
Reading glasses getting thicker as is my waist
Retired but want to go back to work for a rest.
leeward
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just got CoPilot 8 for my Desire and I have a Clip & Talk Bluetooth car kit (http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/clip-and-talk-bluetooth-car-kit-p15581.htm). Is it possible to get the CoPilot audio to come out of the car kit? If so, how? If not, is there a similar kit that will allow the audio out?

Any help/advice gratefully received.

Cheers Lee
Duddy
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leeward wrote:
I've just got CoPilot 8 for my Desire and I have a Clip & Talk Bluetooth car kit (http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/clip-and-talk-bluetooth-car-kit-p15581.htm). Is it possible to get the CoPilot audio to come out of the car kit? If so, how? If not, is there a similar kit that will allow the audio out?

Any help/advice gratefully received.

Cheers Lee

Pair your phone to the bluetooth kit in the normal manner
Switch on your bluetooth kit and then the bluetooth on the phone.
I have HTC Legend (similar software to the Desire), the phone settings are as follows go to:-
Settings - Wireless & networks - Turn on bluetooth - Bluetooth settings - press the paired device - - options - Select Phone (use fo phone audio) & de-select Media (use for media audio, unless you like an echo).

The Co-Pilot audio should come through the bluetooth (you may need to raise the volume control when Co-Pilot is running).

Make sure you switch on the devices as my 2nd line, the other way round and the bluetooth link doesn't work
Reading glasses getting thicker as is my waist
Retired but want to go back to work for a rest.
leeward
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Duddy

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately I still can't get the CoPilot voice to come out. I can make phone calls using the hands free kit OK but no nav Sad

One thing, when I press the paired device, then options. I don't have a Media option. I have:

BT Speaker options (BT Speaker is my hands free kit)
Connect
Connected to phone audio

Profiles
Phone
Connected top phone audio

These are both ticked

If I untick either of them it disconnects the hands free kit.

Cheers Lee
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said in a previous post the sound from the sat nav software uses the A2DP BT profile, not the headset or handsfree profiles. Or at least that is what happens on my HTC Hero running Android 1.5 originally and now 2.1. I have Sygic software for Europe and Copilot for the USA and that applies to both of those.

So I think you will need a BT phone kit that has the A2DP profile as well. Many of the cheaper ones don't.

But I have discovered that with my Hero you do not need a phone kit, all you need is a phone holder and car charger. I have set my phone up (using a free app called Lite Setting Profiles) so that it uses the loudspeaker mode for phone calls whenever it is being charged. Then I can just put it in the car holder on the windscreen and plug it in.

The sat nav instructions use the loudspeaker anyway, which is plenty loud enough for me. And when the phone rings I hit the accept button and it switches automatically to loudspeaker and I can have a conversation using just the phone's loudspeaker and microphone. Worked fine for me in the hire car I was using in the USA
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: