Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navcore 9.054 released for Go x50 models
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navcore 9.054 released for Go x50 models
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can download an older Navcore for your 750 by clicking Here then use WinRar to extract the files from the download straight to the drive letter associated with your TomTom when its connected to the PC

There some other instructions on this web site detailing how to do this, if you are unsure about how to follow the above post back and I (or others) will try and find a link to the thread full of screen shots covering how to do this - Mike
newsagent
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike, installed that still no live services but the screen is more responsive.

When I try to connect to live I get a different message now " To access this service you need to connect your device to TomTom Home "

I have tried this but still no access, just gives me the same message.

When I try and download the latest fuel prices when in Home I get an error message " TomTom has fuel prices for a location not on your map " and won't download it.
jackbarry
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A hopefully final update to my 750 LIVE issues. When I journeyed at the weekend I discovered that all of my PGPSW camera alerts were not sounding. So, yesterday I had to input all of them again, the camera locations obviously were there but I had "lost" the sound.

Fingers crossed that everything is now going to proceed flawlessly in the future.

Cheers, jack.
blush
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still using 9.054 it find the initial connection to traffic takes ages compared to 9.026. I get the spinning circle for ages before traffic appears. I sometimes lose the connection and need a reboot to get traffic again.

Anyone else finding this with a x50 device and reverted back to 9.026?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long is ages?
When I switch on I get no traffic bar for about 20-25 seconds, then it takes about 1'30"-2'00" to download all the traffic reports.
blush
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
How long is ages?
When I switch on I get no traffic bar for about 20-25 seconds, then it takes about 1'30"-2'00" to download all the traffic reports.

Quite often five minutes or so, sometimes quite a way into a journey and on the motorway and discover there was traffic and if I had waited for the traffic I probably would have discovered the fact.

I seem to have had quite a few occasions this week where the traffic works for a bit then back to the spinning disc.

Another unrelated thing I meant to ask was when I turn the device on and go straight to browse map the map appears in nice bright colours and after a short while the map goes to a gloomy grey and looks horrible. Is this the map before the map colour scheme kicks in. Would be nice to be able to show the map in the initial boot up colours.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the horrible grey colour is intended and is the colour scheme used when Traffic is selected to show on the map.
If you go to the Options button at the bottom, you'll see Traffic is selected, which automatically de-selects POIs and Favourites etc.
Un-tick Traffic and everything goes back to normal.

TT keep playing about with when the map shows Traffic or not.
If you have a RDS-TMC mount it gets switched back to Traffic mode every single {swearword} time.
blush
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame you can't have the nicer view showing traffic Mad

Glad it's not just me that feels the need to swear at my TomTom from time to time Wink Laughing

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: