Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navcore 9.054 released for Go x50 models
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navcore 9.054 released for Go x50 models
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackbarry
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just read the whole of the GO940-No Live Services thread and I see there that:
Andy_P wrote:

Yes, they have made a cock-up. But the same version of software DOES work on the x50 and XL models and also on most x40's on mainland Europe.

Well it certainly doesn't work on my GO750-NO LIVE!

Also Jon Honeyball (PCPRO) twittered that a fix is coming. Is that only for x40s? Does anyone know anything new?

Still totally fed up! jack

(Edited to sort out quote)
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jackbarry wrote:

Well it certainly doesn't work on my GO750-NO LIVE!

Sorry to hear that. The fact remains that MOST x50 models were unaffected (mine wasn't).
jackbarry
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok folks here's my latest attempts to solve the issues around v9.054 of the App and v850.2802 of the Maps:

Yesterday I spent quite a long time following TT's instructions viz - I firstly installed the new v2.7.6.2056 of TT HOME (that was a surprise to find a new version upon logging on) on the internal J: drive and successfully installed v9.054 of the App;

I then had to drive out with the 750 to get a GPS signal and it took quite a while for LIVE TRAFFIC to become connected but then to my delight everything seemed to work fine - the unit accepted any routing I gave it;

I then came home and logged on the SD K: drive and upgraded the Maps to v850.2802 (note I did not delete the old version first as TTHOME said it would upgrade) and drove out again with the 750 to get a GPS signal and everything seemed to be working until I stopped and tried to load in a route. The unit then crashed to a blank screen and reset itself. I have tried all possible ways since to input a route but it crashes every time.

So, in summary I have succeeded in loading the new App and HOME but there must be some incompatibility between 1 or both of them and the Maps! Incidentally in addition to the 2GB Maps folder there is another new small maps folder which only contains the file Europe_2Gb.tlv

I have asked TT what to do next but in the meantime should I reformat the SD card and reload my old Maps?

Any advice welcome, jack.
zardoz
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one thing that causes my 950 LIVE to do this is to install the POI updates from Home. As long as I don't install those, I have a happy stable unit.
The moment that those POI updates get on to it, it does exactly the same as yours.

YMMV as always.

Z
jackbarry
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Z for your response I will try some deletions as well as other desperate things I am trying.

Does anyone know what a .tlv file does? Can I delete it?

Err, what does YMMV mean?

jack
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YMMV = Your mileage may vary

The .tlv file is really not that necessary. It's just used by TomTom to provide a description of the matching file.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... but why would you want to delete it?
It's not doing any harm or taking up any space and 'Home' finds it useful.
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have said 'vital'. I wasn't implying that it be deleted necessarily.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry David, my reply wasn't aimed at you Smile
Just wondering why Jackbarry was keen to delete it when it's such a tiny file.
jackbarry
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi folks,

Hurrah! My 750 GOLIVE is working again! After hearing about the new Maps I decided to completely clear out everything off my 4GB SD card and downloaded the new v855.2885 Europe (uncluding Turkey & Russia) onto it. Hey presto after resetting and then waiting about 15mins for the LIVE to update it all seems to be OK. The big test will be at the weekend.

So, I now have v2.7.6.2056 of HOME; v9.054 of the App and v855.2885 of the Maps.

Fingers crossed that I don't have to mess about with it any more.

Thanks for all the reponses on here,

Best regards, jack
newsagent
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had horrendous problems since updating my 750 about a month ago. No live services, touch screen slow to respond which is extremely frustrating.

I have tried various drastic fixes and workarounds with no luck. I tried the TomTom "fix" for the x40 but it just re-installed the v9 software again.

I have a 4gb card so I deleted everything on the card and the unit. Installed the software using home just on the unit with no card inserted and then put the map on the unit but it still the same.

Finally bit the bullet and emailed TomTom and they suggested factory reset. I have tried this and still the same. Emailed tomtom again and waiting for a reply.

I have noticed though my subscription is now valid untill 31/01/2012 instead of 27/02/2011 although that's not much help if I can't get any service Crying or Very sad

I have been really disappointed with the live services overall, which is a shame because it is a nice unit.

Why do TomTom get so much wrong?
jackbarry
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newsagent,
If you want to try what I did here it is:
1) Make a Windows Explorer backup of your internal & SD card drives;
2) Delete everything off the drives – & only if you want to, do a full format of each drive;
3) Connect the 750 to your PC;
4) When offered, download the new version of TTHOME v2.7.6.2056 onto the internal drive;
5) Then goto Update my Go and download v9.054 of the Application & everything else that you want except the Maps onto the internal drive;
6) Change device onto the SD card and then again Update my Go and download the new Maps v855.2885 onto that.
7) Close TTHOME and go out to get a GPS signal and wait for the TRAFFIC LIVE to update itself – this can take upto 20mins.

Fingers crossed, it worked for me after almost a month of hassle and numerous emails to & fro to TT and here.

jack
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jackbarry wrote:

4) When offered, download the new version of TTHOME v2.7.6.2056 onto the internal drive;

Question Question Question

Home should never be installed on the Go itself, you install it on your PC!

When you first get a TT it often has an installer for Home on the internal memory, but it isn't Home itself. Even using that installer, the program itself will go on your C: drive by default.
jackbarry
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy_P for pointing that out. I hope that newsagent gets lucky. I certainly wouldn't want anyone to go through all of the hassle I have had with my 750 over the last month.

When it's working I really like it so I won't be looking for any upgrades, hopefully for some time to come.

Regards, jack.
newsagent
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks jackbarry, I've done all of what you've done and still no services.

Just had another response from TomTom after the factory reset didn't work and they suggested deleting and re-installing the application again even though I have told them I have already done it. Still I tried it again with no luck.

The email from them gives a link to respond if the problem is not resolved and surprise, surprise, the link is broken!!

I understand the x40 owners are being offered v8 when they connect to home.

Is there any way I can get back to the previous version, a fresh install, not one from a back up?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: