Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Go 750 live services problem.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Go 750 live services problem.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
modelman093
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Go 750 live services problem. Reply with quote

Been having problems and TT advised factory reset. Done this and problem solved but am I right in thinking that it will have wiped the PGPS settings .
If so please point me in direction of the installation video and instructions.
Thanks
Angus
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Installation guide here

Video guide here
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: Go 750 live services problem. Reply with quote

modelman093 wrote:
Been having problems and TT advised factory reset. Done this and problem solved but am I right in thinking that it will have wiped the PGPS settings .
If so please point me in direction of the installation video and instructions.
Thanks
Angus

Top of this page, in the menu: Speed Cameras then choose 'Installation Guides' from the drop-down list.

Direct Link
modelman093
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:19 pm    Post subject: Installing Liz on Go 750 Reply with quote

Thanks for reply re installation instructions for camera database - blind as the proverbial bat!
Have got the camera files and ogg files on my N Europe map. Gatso , redlight and Specs seem to set up ok but when I try to add Liz to the mobile sites things go wrong. I say no removing the warning, select the distance and then Sound effect and then instead of asking if that is the sound I want it reverts to the distance screen and gets into a "loop" from which there is no escape!!
Tried deleting all the mobile sites and starting again plus a soft reset - all to no avail!
What am I doing wrong?
Angus
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This does happen sometimes, and the weird get-round is to do one of the camera types last (I think it's the SPECS?). Makes no sense but it works.
There have definitely been posts about it in the past, butI'm afraid I can't locate one now to confirm my story. Hopefully someone will be along to point you in the right direction.

However, there is another way.....

Personally, I use the other method where you put the warning audio files into the "sounds" folder. Then you can select them from the normal menu screen. (Full instructions at the bottom of THIS PAGE (method 2).

The only niggle with that method is that the normal PGPSW names for the files are so long that the useful bit (telling you the speed and camera type) falls off the end of the available space when they are all shown on screen for you to pick each one.

You can either live with it - you can use the 'preview' button to hear them first and you soon realise the order they are in, or you can edit the names of the sound files so the important bit is nearer the front, which you can either do manually or there is a batch file you can use to rename them all in one go in a post by MrT HERE.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
(I think it's the SPECS?).

pMobiles should be left till last when configuring warnings assuming you are using them - Mike
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
pMobiles should be left till last when configuring warnings assuming you are using them - Mike

Or ensure you have a sound file set that has pMobile alerts included OR add the supplemental pMobile set.

The error is triggered if you do not have a voice alert file for the pMobiles and only occurs in that case if you try to configure them in the middle of other types.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:

The error is triggered if you do not have a voice alert file for the pMobiles and only occurs in that case if you try to configure them in the middle of other types.

Right.... I REALLY need to try to sort something out for those voice packs without pMobile files then. Is it two years now? Embarassed
modelman093
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
Darren wrote:

Right.... I REALLY need to try to sort something out for those voice packs without pMobile files then. Is it two years now? Embarassed

Thanks to all those who offered suggestions - I used the Sound folder method and the problem is sorted.
One further question though!
Why is it that Liz does not include the actual speed with here warnings for 20 mph zones - all the other speeds she says gatso/mobile etc speed limit 30/40/50 etc but for 20 just warning gatso etc?
Thanks again
Angus
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats because Liz recorded these sound files prior to there being any Gatso cameras set as low as 20MPH - Mike
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

~... and it's exactly the same problem with the pMobiles being missing from some of the voice sets. They didn't exist when the people concerned recoreded them either.
As the "real people" voices were often recorded by professional DJs "as a favour" it often isn't easy or possible to get them back to record some more.

I've spent ages in the past, when creating or tidying up the various voice sets, trying to find or create a "20" or a word to differentiate the pMobiles from the ordinary ones, using only the very limited words we already have.

Suggestions for how to do that in any other way (a different chime or noise or whatever) would all be gratefully received!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: