Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Can I use a Bluetooth headset...?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Can I use a Bluetooth headset...?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
superseagulls
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:40 am    Post subject: Can I use a Bluetooth headset...? Reply with quote

.....to connect to the a Garmin GPS and hear the instructions?
I would like to use a Garmin bluetooth GPS on a motorcycle, and be able to hear the instructions through the headset within my helmet, would this work?

A big trip planned this week, Florida to Oregon, so hoping to buy the GPS over the next few days.

Thanks
PhilHornby
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: Can I use a Bluetooth headset...? Reply with quote

superseagulls wrote:
I would like to use a Garmin bluetooth GPS on a motorcycle, and be able to hear the instructions through the headset within my helmet, would this work?

It depends which Garmin GPS you've got. The Zümo range can do this (as you'd expect, given that they're designed for motorcycle use). Many/most? of the others can't - they can only function as bluetooth handsfree devices (for your phone).

Of the units that can do what you want, I've only tried the Nüvi 765 and the audio output over bluetooth was distorted beyond usability Crying or Very sad

You could always use a wired headset, but again, not all Garmin units have a headphone socket.
peaton
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a Garmin 765 with my Cardo G4 headset. It works well for me, the instructions are loud and clear. Cardo do say this is an unsupported GPS. There is an issue where a phone paired to the GPS will not pass through to the headset, this however is not a concern to me as I have no interest in using the phone on the move.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: