Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Co-pilot live 8 POI's for Iphone 3Gs
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Co-pilot live 8 POI's for Iphone 3Gs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Co-pilot live 8 POI's for Iphone 3Gs Reply with quote

I understand that the Co-pilot live use the same POI format as TomTom i.e. ova. Can I add some more to my jailbroken 3Gs? The hard part is finding where and in what folder the Co-pilot files and map are!
Any ideas please?
Thanks
Doug
burky1974
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ov2 fles can be placed in the following folder:

#iPhone name#/Apps/#CoPilotversion#/Documents/save

#CoPilotversion# is Europe for European maps, NA for North America, etc.
mishabgt
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: iPhone running CoPilot Live 8 install GPSW Cameras Reply with quote

Having just spent the last 40 minutes trying to get the cameras to show in CoPilot Live 8 Europe on iPhone, I can give the following advice:

Download the Copilot8 - UK Consolidated by type database file.

Extract it to your hard drive.

Connect your Jailbreaked iPhone and use something like iPhone Explorer to go to the following directory:

*iPHONE_NAME*/Root Directory/User/Applications/*APPLICATION_HEX*/Documents/EU/europe/save

*iPHONE_NAME* = The name your iPhone syncs in iTunes as.
*APPLICATION_HEX* = The Hex code relating to the CoPilot folder (you will know it because one of the folders within it will be named CoPilot_EU.app)

copy the .csv files ONE AT A TIME, making sure you start up CoPilot each time to let it load that csv file. Once in CoPilot, exit and check it has shut down by double clicking the home button (this is for iOS4) then holding your finger on the CoPilot icon till the - appears at the top left, then press it. Go back and copy the next .csv into the folder and repeat until you have copied and restarted CoPilot for each csv file.

Now simply check that in CoPilot in the Menu | Settings | POI Display |Currently Displayed POIs you have selected Safety Cameras.
If you want warnings you will also need to enable these in POI Alerts, selecting the Safety Cameras POI.

GOOD LUCK!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: