Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Citroen 'MY WAY' integrated sat nav
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Citroen 'MY WAY' integrated sat nav
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
themadpanner
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:55 am    Post subject: Citreon MY WAY Reply with quote

The saga continues. I went to the French site that appears to have something to do with Peugeot but it is in French with no other european language options.
All my friends now say I have the worlds first SAT NAF !!
valentains
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Citroen Myway Reply with quote

hi , please could someone tell me how much MBytes is each file ??
I need know it because I have downloaded some files with torrent
but I am not sure that theese files are completaly downloaded.

thanks

cjblade wrote:
I to am wondering if my wife's new citroen myway can use speed camera info, todate this is my progress, which I 'think' is correct
Unit Harmon Becker
Card 4gb SHDC
Files all in in a directory called database are
acios_db.ini
Reads '#Hydra
ANY: /database/kN083EUx05t02.DB
ANY: /database/LABEL.DB
ANY: /database/RN831_litdata.DB
ANY: /database/RN831_v36b.gdb
ANY: /database/S_ZF1914_v1.DB
ANY: /database/hazardareas.lwd'

hazardareas.lwd kN083EUx05t02.DB
LABEL.DB
RN831_litdata.DB
RN831_v36b.gdb
S_ZF1914_v1.DB
versionhazard.txt
contains 'name=Europe 2009/2010 Edition 1.0'
versionnavidb.txt
contains 'name=null db'

Have tried viewing the lwd file in Keyview for Lotus unfortunately it is not recognised and as the file has a zero size I think at present it is of little benefit until one knows the format of data that can/needs be entered, if any.

Have searched on 'rn831_v36b' which yielded one result, unfortunately this is a spanish site and my spanish is nil, however using google translate other links were shown which may help.

The search continues......
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Citroen MyWay / Peugeot WiP NAV Reply with quote

Stamford_1 wrote:
Hi

I the MyWay sat nav in my Citroen C5 and have managed to put speed camera warnings onto the SD card.

Dragging up an old thread here but how did you manage to get the data uploaded and what format is it?

If we can offer data in a format suitable for it we will!
Smudger
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just about to get a Citroen C5 with their Navidrive sat nav, so I am keen to know if I can continue using your speed camera and POI data bases.

I have also searched the web for info and have found a link on the Citroen owner site which refers to a RT3 unit made by Magneti Marelli.
Here is the address of the link
http://www.citroen-owners-club.co.uk/citroen/lofiversion/index.php?t1694.html

Could you advise me if your data base can be installed on this unit and which version I should down load ?

At present I have a Kenwood / garmin unit and and have been very impressed with the accuracy and diversity of the POIs so which to keep using them if at all possible.

Thanks

Smudger
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smudger wrote:
Could you advise me if your data base can be installed on this unit and which version I should down load ?

It is not currently supported.
themadpanner
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:18 am    Post subject: Citroen 'My Way' continued. Reply with quote

Does anyone know anything about www.scdb.info/en/plugin-citroen -myway
This site sells for 9.95 euros a plug in for the My Way sat nav with a camera database for Europe excluding the UK. There is an illustration of what the cameras look like on the display and all the details on its install. If SCDB have found out the file system, can we look forward to the Pocket GPS world UK database being able to be used on the My Way at last. I feel a little happier. Laughing
emsig
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, here ist the correct link:

http://www.scdb.info/en/plugin-citroen-myway/

This version should work in UK.
TopovC5
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 3:40 pm    Post subject: Citroen C5 2010 Myway SatNav Reply with quote

Hi all,
I have been google bashing and came across this site.
Was wondering if anyone else has the same issues as me with the Sat Nav and postcode entries only accepting 4 digits, and no Speed Camera alerts.

I have already downloaded the iPhone app 59p plus camera database but using this in conjunction with the built in Sat Nav is "an accident waiting to happen"

Can someone provide a definitive answer to POI's for Camera's on the MyWay system

Does this link work and what are the steps to follow?

Thanks
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Citroen C5 2010 Myway SatNav Reply with quote

TopovC5 wrote:
I have already downloaded the iPhone app 59p plus camera database but using this in conjunction with the built in Sat Nav is "an accident waiting to happen"

Why? The alerts afforded you by our app are way better than anything you could cobble together for the satnav?
TopovC5
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:06 am    Post subject: Why???? Reply with quote

Darren,
Thanks for the time it took you to reply to my question.
It was however NOT the type of response I was looking for from a company leader like yourselves.

Anyone can say "why" but to answer said question the car is £20K worth of vehicle and I am trying to get all functionality added to the MyWay system which is why i asked if it could be done.

Regards
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Why???? Reply with quote

TopovC5 wrote:
Darren,
Thanks for the time it took you to reply to my question.
It was however NOT the type of response I was looking for from a company leader like yourselves.

Crikey, pardon me for bothering to respond! You claimed it was an "accident waiting to happen" which was why I asked the Q. I don't understand who using an iPhone for alerts instead of the built-in nav is anymore dangerous.
Quote:
Anyone can say "why" but to answer said question the car is £20K worth of vehicle and I am trying to get all functionality added to the MyWay system which is why i asked if it could be done.

AI didn't answer 'Why", I asked "why". A rather different position.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Does this link work and what are the steps to follow?

Have you asked the people who developed and support it?
DrJon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just taken delivery of a new Citroen DS3 with that horrible satnav but was able to upload speed cameras from the scdb.info site with no trouble at all - and they work with audible warnings too: 1 when you are 300 yards or so away and a 2nd when you are much closer. Very nice touch I thought.

However, the satnav is the worst I've ever used. No full postcode entry (last journey dumped me 9 miles from destination and even in a different town from the one I input); no 3d maps; and the maps themselves look like they were drawn by a child.

Spoke to my Citroen dealer a few minutes ago (he called while I was writing this!) and he said he was going to check on whether there was going to be a software update any time soon.

I'm not holding my breath, and in the meantime, my old TomTom is in the glove box Rolling Eyes
I'll keep you posted.
back2back
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: Citroen 'My Way' continued. Reply with quote

themadpanner wrote:
Does anyone know anything about www.scdb.info/en/plugin-citroen -myway
This site sells for 9.95 euros a plug in for the My Way sat nav with a camera database for Europe excluding the UK. There is an illustration of what the cameras look like on the display and all the details on its install. If SCDB have found out the file system, can we look forward to the Pocket GPS world UK database being able to be used on the My Way at last. I feel a little happier. Laughing

I just looked at the site and it would appear that "Europe" does include GB. You can even get a list and a map view of all the camera positions.
Smudger
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

I have citroens Navidrive 3D in my '09 C5. Have searched for ages for speed cam data base and finally stumbled across the SCDB site. Thought for 9.95euro worth a shot.

First impression were fairly good, all my local fixed cameras were correctly displayed, with red lights also showing up, no mobiles however. Warnings are clear and come over the cars audio and video systems even if the nav is not in use which is a nice feature.

Very easy to install, just plugged SD card into unit, it was found and up loaded the camera no trouble.

Got my credit card bill in and it seems they had only taken 90p which is not 9.95 euro, so even more pleased.

The down side, since I down loaded on 29/6/10 it would seem that no update has been released even though their history page shows UK cameras being added to database.

WHY if SCDB can release POIs for this system (although not that often) can't our friends here ?

I have used PGPSW data base for many years and even now still use it in an old Garmin Nuvi that I still keep on the windscreen of the car just as a camera warning device.

Come on guys see what you can do

Smudger

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: