Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CoPilot Live 7
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CoPilot Live 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kapper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:45 pm    Post subject: CoPilot Live 7 Reply with quote

Hi, I have a Mitac Mio 168 which has Copilot Live 6 installed, Recently, Copilot has stopped working correctly. Sometimes, but not all of the time, it lets you input an address, go to the screen "Name this Location" (Optional)/Finish, it then goes to the main screen where Address,Home, Work, POI etc. are, a small square with a circle of rotating segments right in the middles of the screen appears, and then seems to freeze, as it will not go further than this.
As l have had my device for about 5 yrs, l wondered if it could be the CoPilot Live 6 Memory Card, so l have bought a Copilot Live 7. Would l need to deactivate the Live 6 before installing the Live 7?
I have tried taking out the Live 6 Memory Card, and putting in the Live 7 Card, but absolutely zilch happened. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Of course, it may be nothing at all to do with CoPilot, it may be the Mio 168 which is at fault. I do not use it for the internet - Just CoPilot, but i have just tried the games and the calculator, and they both seem to work OK. Oh, and the GPS is working OK too.
Please, please HELP a poor, 66 yrs old, lady pensioner. Confused Confused Confused
aj2052
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only having had a short spell with copilot on the Mio168, will try to help best i can with a few suggestions, firstly you should back up your present installation to your pc, then remove or reinstall copilot 6 or try installing copilot 7.
a) copilot usualling starts installing after inserting the card but as far as i can remember needs a code supplied on a card supplied with the product.
b) I believe the current copilot is vers 8, so were did you buy copilot 7
c) If you bought off fleabay then it may be a copy and may need to use file explorer to double click on a cab file
b) I believe the Mio168 was originally sold with copilot 5 but may have been later sold with copilot 6 but not sure.
c) Te mio68 does not have direct access to the internet due to nat having wifi but can access tru the PC using activsync.
I think Mio168 users are now becoming less and less but more postive help may be forthcoming,
kapper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Thanks for your reply. I bought the Live 7 because on CoPilots compatibility list, Live 8 was not compatible with the Mio 168, but Live 7 was.

I think that when l first had my device, as soon as l inserted the card, (Live 6), it started to install, but when l inserted the new one, (Live 7), nothing happened at all.

Should l have :

a) uninstalled Live 6 first?

b) deactivated Live 6 first?

I have removed and then reinstalled CoPilot 6, but it is still the same. When l click on to CoPilot l get :

1) "Welcome to CoPilot"
2) The Home screen where it says: " Going To "
3) The next screen where it says: Going To, " New Trip "
4) The next screen where is says: " Address "
5) The next screen where it says: " Enter Country "
6) The next screen where it says: " Enter City or Postcode "
7) The next screen where it says: "Enter Street Address "
8) The next screen where it says: " Name this Location " (Optional) .
Finish.

When l click on "Finish", this is when it reverts back to screen (4) and l get the small square with the rotating, coloured segments, in the middle of the screen. It looks as though it is searching for something, GPS signal, Satelites ???

This is when it freezes, and l have to do a reset.

Should l have done an uninstall or deactivate, or both, first?

Thanks for your time.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: