Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Bike Mount Problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Bike Mount Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KungFooSausage
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: Bike Mount Problem Reply with quote

I just got the bike mount through from Amazon and I think somethings up with it.

It came with the strap already partially fed through the ratchet. Obviously I want to undo that so I can feed it around the crossbar of the bike, but no matter what I do I cant seem to free it up. I can tighten it ok, but damned if I can free it.

Instructions dont seem to say anything except to slacken it a little turn the ratchet anti-clockwise a bit. Well Ive done that upteen times and it doesnt seem to un-feed the strap.

The ratchet heads have a pointer on them and the outside of the case has what seems to be an alignment point, but that doesnt seem to do anything when I align them. In the instructions it shows this in "Fig 1" here http://www.satmap.com/pdf/bikeMount.pdf but the "Fig 1" isnt mentioned in the instruction wording.

Any clues anyone? Im a bit stumped!
ElCapitan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar problem when I wanted to swap it onto another bike: the ratchet is not designed to unwind the strap.
As I recall, once the points are lined up, you can simply pull the strap out (with some effort, but it is possible!).
Tim
KungFooSausage
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers Tim. I'll tug it harder and see.
KungFooSausage
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well had one person holding the mount and another holding the strap and it still wouldnt budge. Knowing that the pointers were supposed to allow it to free helped though. It transpired some over enthusiastic assembler must have overwound it over itself & jammed it up.

If anyone else gets this problem heres what to do.

1. lever out the plastic collar / capping where the strap exits the ratchet. This has to be removed as it forms a part of the ratchet mechanism.

2. Unscrew the round lug which the Active 10 latches into.

3. Lift out the strap located inside and remove the steel peg, then feed it through the slot. What you've now done is given yourself a length of strap to get a good grip of if necessary. You can also slot a screwdriver in the strap where the peg was to give better grip.

4. Try tugging the strap out. If that doesnt work then you need to get a small flat headed screwdriver or similar and work the strap out from the inside where you removed the collar in (1). Some working back and forwards of the ratchet may be required to free it up.

5. Once its all free the strap and be removed and then the metal ratchet can be slid out. You can then see how it is all supposed to work.

6. When reassembling, ensure the slimey / grippy feel surface of the strap is going to be the side which is facing the bike stem / handlebars.

7. Reassembly is basically:
put peg in strap,
feed strap into slot under the Active 10 lug,
reassemble lug and screw it onto the base,
insert the plastic collar at the front,
slide in the metal ratchet with the arrows lining up,
offer the unit up to the bike then feed through the strap. It should pass through first time if everythings aligned properly,
pull it tight then turn the ratchet with the allen key to tighten in place.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: