Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GO940 - New TomTom App v9.054, Now No Live Services
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GO940 - New TomTom App v9.054, Now No Live Services
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boblister
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that. My main thought was reception in the Lake District, where I live. Plus I need to use it for more than a year to break even with the Live service at £47 something.
jamsie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: go 740 live Reply with quote

I notice that you are all talking about 940 live but it has just happened to me on my go 740 live, thank god i had a backup copy, i am phoning them on Monday, hope they have read my e mail by them, used slightly strong words as i have problem after problem with the 740 and it is always their responsibility.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamsie, this issue isn't specific to the 940 it simply affects any x40 devices used in the UK, that covers 540, 740 and the 940 - Whether this spreads to other countries is not known but I have seen reports on some of the mainland Europe based forums that some users outside of the UK are also experiancing issues (could be a server outage though for them).

To be honest with V9 you get eco routes and a new way to select regular destinations, its hardly earth shattering and not something you will miss rolling the device back to V8 - Mike
jamsie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Thanks Mike Reply with quote

Have gone back to my earlier version, its working again. Do tom tom not try this out on 1 of their own tom toms before release. I had to put all speed cams back again, quite time consuming. Thank you for you quick reply Embarassed
jalan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I'd post from a US user of a Live 740. The update here has not killed Live weather, Google search or other services but it has killed Live Traffic. Live Traffic says that you need a subscription for this service. Of course the subscription is fine. The worst part is that I have the Live 740TM version which includes lifetime FM-TMC traffic as well. If the GSM network isn't available it switches over to FM-TMC traffic. Apparently the system thinks that the Live traffic feed is there and the FM-TMC receiver turns itself off. In the US our GSM connections are still "connected."
stmartins
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just run the update on mine and it has altered quite a lot, the way the screen looks now with the maps and the start up and map preparing all all different. I thought I had somehow altered the menu but its all the same. The screen opens from zero to full screen ( like power point) and closes the same. It would be nice if Tom Tom advised if they plan these changes before you actually download any new updates
Graeme2812
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I can't understand is why TomTom have not pulled this update from HOME. I'm still being offered it today.

How many more TomTom users who may not be so proficient with such devices or aware of forums like these will unwillingly install the update disabling their Live services?

For such a signifigant bug, TomTom seem to be taking a very apathetic approach this this.
United Kingdom & ROI v945.6174
tez
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Reply with quote

Hi all last week I brought the TomTom map update service " I have been putting this off for ages" Laughing Out Loud

But it was £69.00 for 18 months so I did it I just tryed to use me Go 940 and the postcodes now do not work it will take the first 3 digits but no more.
I just asumed that there must be an update for the go 940 with the new maps so I updated.......AHHHHHHHHHHH

My maps are Western and cent v850.2800
and have now rolled back to app ver 8.371 as when I updated my Live services stopped working.

But my Postcodes still dont work what is interesting is that they also dont work in TomTom home....

any ideas why

Tez
Matt865
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@tez: see this post http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=530809#530809
tez
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick update

my postcodes now work but no thanks to TomTom I followed there advice here
http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9852/kw/postcodes%20not%20working/p/141%2C2075

I thought great they know whats wrong and here is the fix BUT the download gives you a file called zip and inside this file is another file called zip..it says on the site to just drop this file on your device in my computer when in fact you have to double click the file to get the 2nd zip file only then copy this..
Follow the TomTom directions and it wont work....Laughing Out Loud

I love having a TomTom I do

Tez
Tomo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After updating to the latest Navcore and then following the instructions to restore to V8 I now have a the issues:

Quite often getting 'Unable to store map settings: File Access Error'

Any thoughts?

(TT540 with live services enabled)

Steve
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, start by deleting the MapSettings.cfg file from the UK&ROI map folder, this will force you to re-enter your home locations and any POI warnings/ favourites will be lost. When the device boots up it will create a new file - Mike
Tomo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Steve, start by deleting the MapSettings.cfg file from the UK&ROI map folder, this will force you to re-enter your home locations and any POI warnings/ favourites will be lost. When the device boots up it will create a new file - Mike

Cheers, like a fool I thought id just restore it to a previous back up using explorer....

Now the device only gets to the start up screen and hangs. Have reset it a few times (holding the power off key till I hear the drum roll) but nothing. Every time just hangs on the start up screen!

Oh Censored, Laughing Out Loud

S.

Please don't use asterisks to circumvent the swear filter. PaulB2005
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 950 did the same. However, tried a reset about three times and then waited about five mins, and then all of a sudden it re-started. Try patience and see if it works. OR, see if it works via HOME.
Tomo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Managed to get it back and alive now, deleted mapsettings.cfg still no change, used an old mapsettings.cfg (that I have used before to re-instate the speed cam warnings) and that not changed anything.

Getting the same warning and one about 'not enough storage space'

Device also running really slow now!

Grrrrr

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 5 of 16

Jump to: