Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Medion v 3.1 -> Navigon 4
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Medion v 3.1 -> Navigon 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dejongj
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually on Holiday in Italy, lake Garda in June and to be even more exact stayed with Eurocamp at Fontanella in Moniga del Garda..Good choice of holiday destination!!!! We have booked again for next year!!!!

From personal experience I can confirm that every, and I mean every street around Lake Garda is included AND that TMC is working all along the route to and in Italy....Every little lane around the lake that is open to the public is shown on the map...If you think the map is not that detailed it will only be because there are no roads!!!

PS. Don't forget to visit the Civielle in Moniga del Garda, that where all the local wine and olive oil is being sold...Absolutely fantastic...

PPS. Leave the car once you arrive, a boat is the best way to get around the lake and you are bothered by much less traffic. Traffic is bad around the lake (roads are too small, plus no alternatives routes are available for TMC). If you don't have a boat, there is a great rental place in Moniga del Garda, even without a day-skipper license you can rent the less powered boats (you don't need the power on the lake anyway...).

Enjoy your holiday....
fergus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dejongj

small world etc. I've actually been on my holiday (also in June, also Fontanelle campsite Exclamation ) The reason I asked was that it was the only area in Europe that I would be able to recognise. Looks good so I've gone for the update (software only at this stage)

I phoned their support number and got through immediately. Helpful lady said order the cross upgrade on the website, pay for it and send in the original medion navigator CD to them inGermany. When they get this they then send the upgrade. She said they have them in stock but it will take a couple of weeks as they are overloaded with orders.

Anyone remember the Calvin and Hobbes where he orders a 'beanie' mail order and is waiting for the post every day - that'll be me

Fergus
dejongj
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You weren't there between 11th June and 26th June were you? That would be too much coincidence....We went with my wifes car, a 'small' Nissan Patrol...
noggin_the_nog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I successfully upgraded from Medion 3.1 to Navigon 4 (5CD's with all maps of Europe). I sent my old discs back using International Registered Post (I think it cost about £3.50). Cost of upgrade was 99 Euro all-in. Took 3 weeks to arrive.

MN4 is excellent. Maps are more up to date and accurate than those with used with my TomTom 3 set up (at least they are for France!). I much prefer my MN4 to my TTN3 set up (on Ipaq 2210).

At 99 Euro (a little under £70) MN4 upgrade is an absolute steal - anyone with Medion 3.1 should go for it like a shot.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: