Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - IPhone
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

IPhone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaDProFF
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:07 am    Post subject: IPhone Reply with quote

I see the Speed camera Data base has been updated, but do not see the version for Iphone, does the Iphone version not get updated? or do I have to get it from somewhere else?
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst the database for other units is done once a week the iPhoine app can update at any time.

From the CamerAlert Manual

Quote:
the CamerAlert application uses a real time snapshot of the current camera data which will include camera changes additions and deletions that are not in the standard release.

and

Quote:
Tap on the setup cog icon, then the "Update cameras" button. Now you can tap on the "Download database" button and the database download and integration will start. It is advisable to make sure you have a 3G or WiFi data connection when you download the database. If you have a limited data plan then WiFi is the best option. The download and integration will take from 15 seconds on an iPhone 3GS depending on the speed of your data connection.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As described above, I often update mine at least once a day if I'm on the road. 3G connection is a quick download, lesser connection takes longer. Edit to add... With my home wi-fi connection it just took less than 20 seconds to do the lot.

With the latest version of CamerAlert, there is a small change to the above instructions, which should now read ...
Quote:
Tap on the setup cog icon, then the Manage cameras button. Now you can tap on the "Download database" button and the database download and integration will start.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should also get a red alert saying there is a newer database on the server. although not perfect, we are working on ways to make this more obvious.

MaFt

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: