Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Changes to the Nissan Connect Download - Any Issues?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Changes to the Nissan Connect Download - Any Issues?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Nissan Connect
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:24 pm    Post subject: Changes to the Nissan Connect Download - Any Issues? Reply with quote

A few people, recently, have had an issue with installing the database - the system gets part way through and resets itself.

None of the team at PGPSW Towers have a Nissan Connect system and none have even, as far as I'm aware seen one (let alone used one!). As such it's hard to try and troubleshoot any issues...!

We've already removed the Copyright line specifically for the Connect download as users reported this causing an issue. The recent issues are not seen by everyone but one report suggests that it is the 'blank line' at the end of the file that causes this issue.

As such, I have delved into the magical code that creates your download file and this 'blank' line is no longer present.

Please re-download the current database and try the new file if you are still having issues AND PLEASE REPORT BACK HERE - that way we can keep all the issues in a single thread which will help with trouble-shooting.

Also, there are reports that the Connect system is fussy about some USB memory sticks so it may also be worth trying the update using an alternative...

MaFt
stevewood
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello i have Nissan connect and downloaded latest POI last Fri installation doesnt complete and now no camerasdetected at all. the previous weeks version worked perfectly but i no longer have it can anyne offer a solution. many thanks.
Charles.
shippingc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: speed camera update Reply with quote

Have downloaded the update dated 30/7 and it will not load via the memory stick. This has occured twice in recent weeks and have to revert to a previous issue. Await the new update to try again
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you both provide more info about what does / doesn't happen - error messages, what was different this time etc

Should be another release today / tomorrow - might be worth checking that one and reporting back...
ratman633
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again I had no problems with last weeks download.
I'm using an old USB 2.0 128mb memory stick with the name "PEAK" printed on it, the folders are named exactly as suggested in the Nissan connect installation guide. I remove the first row of the CSV file (Lat,Long, Name etc.) as these are not shown in the connect manual and then shift everything else up. then just cut and paste the p mobile data to make one file.
It does seem to stop at about 3/4 of the way through the transfer but eventually it finishes without a problem, it can take 20/30 seconds after it seems to stop before finishing though.

Keith
shippingc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:09 am    Post subject: speed camera update Reply with quote

I use the same memory stick each time. I download the updates in the same format each time. When I install it on my car it starts to download but after about 3 seconds the display goes blank and re boots. The problem appears to be with the speed camera data base as the mobile one works OK.
stevewood
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject: Speed camera info not loading Reply with quote

further to my previous posting, I use the same memory stck each time, bought new just for this. when stick inserted the process begins, says new POI are available do you want to download? click yes, progress bar apprears, gets about half way, then screen goes completely blank, system reboots no camera info installed. I have tried deleating everything off the stick and starting again from scratch, the result is still the same as above.

any help you can offer greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Charles.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if the unit can only handle so many entries?

There are over 10,000 in just the SC database.

Can you try this?

1) Delete half the cameras so you have 5,000 in the spreadsheet, save it and install.

2) If that works do the same again but only delete 2,500 so you load 7,500.

3) Keep going until you find some sort of limit....

I'm thinkig it might be either 9,999, 10,000 or about 8,192....
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
But Ratman seems to successfully load both the cam database AND the pmobiles????
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
PaulB2005 wrote:
But Ratman seems to successfully load both the cam database AND the pmobiles????

Yes, but ah... right. "More coffee!!" Embarassed
stevewood
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:37 am    Post subject: camera info not loading Reply with quote

last night tried the suggestion of Ratman 633 deleted title line (longitude etc) from both data bases combined them into one and it installed without problem.

so thank you all very much.

Charles.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: camera info not loading Reply with quote

stevewood wrote:
last night tried the suggestion of Ratman 633 deleted title line (longitude etc) from both data bases combined them into one and it installed without problem.

Charles.

cheers - i will get this removed from the downloaded files. strange how it works for some but not others...!
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: camera info not loading Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
stevewood wrote:

Charles.

cheers - i will get this removed from the downloaded files. strange how it works for some but not others...!
Being a bit of a cynic. It will probably screw it up for the people for whom it works at present Shocked Confused
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: camera info not loading Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
MaFt wrote:
stevewood wrote:

Charles.

Being a bit of a cynic. It will probably screw it up for the people for whom it works at present Shocked Confused

meh. if it does then we'll see which team has more players and revert to that version Very Happy

MaFt
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst having my regular pie and a pint at lunchtime today, I had an idle thought about editing *.csv files. I have edited the .csv speech commands files for iGO8 in Excel, and the subsequent saved .csv file crashes iGO. There is something about the way Excel saves.csv files that is not quite right. Even if I load the file into Excel and save it without change it still crashes iGO. What I do now, is display the file in Excel for the tabbed look, but edit it in notepad, which works fine.
I just wondered whether the problem might be sort of something along these lines????
But there again, perhaps my idle thoughts are totally irrelevant to what's going on with the Nissan Very Happy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Nissan Connect All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: