Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mobile maps running in background
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mobile maps running in background

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Sygic McGuider/Mobile Maps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tilt
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: Mobile maps running in background Reply with quote

HTC HD2. I am basically quite happy with Sygic MM9. It is not as fully versatile as TTN7 but then I cant get that on the HD2 and its streets ahead of the copilot stuff that was semi bundled with the HD2.

Hats of to scary monkey et al who have basically made the SCD available in almost an easy way as it is to TTN users.

The one bug bare I have left is the inability to pop in and out of MM9 whilst leaving it running. This was possible with copilot and is possible with many other programs.

If I come out of MM9 without closing it down then the only way I can get back is via a hard reset of the HD2 and restarting MM9. This is a pain if I want to stop and quickly check an email or an SMS text.

I cant see if its some sort of set up dilema I have created or if its the same for MM9 on other systems
scarymonkey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you pop out you need to use the task manager to return to it since it doesn't return to full screen when you click the icon. I actually use a task manager called Xtask which is more finger friendly.

BTW I guess by hard reset you actually mean soft reset (since a hard reset would wipe all your data as well).
tilt
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scarymonkey wrote:
BTW I guess by hard reset you actually mean soft reset (since a hard reset would wipe all your data as well).

I guess I do although for a while I was resorting to removing the battery before discovering the off switch via press and hold down.

Hmmm wonder where the bundled task master is........not in tools any way.

Thanks for the heads up......... actually its neat that when I come out of the app the audio still keeps going......I use it on my bike so only want audio any way............... Also if I do (naughtily) also have MP3's playing at the same time then the audio interrupts Win media player.
scarymonkey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure where the task manager is hidden now as I run a hacked rom from XDA-dev. On that it is in Tools. TBH you would be better getting an alternative like Xtask as the built in one is not very good and is anything but finger friendly. There are a few other good alternative task managers around but in my experience xtask has proved to be the most stable.

BTW for me the Sygic audio doesn't stop any MP3s being played at the time. Not sure if there is a setting to enable/disable this though.
tilt
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scarymonkey wrote:

BTW for me the Sygic audio doesn't stop any MP3s being played at the time. Not sure if there is a setting to enable/disable this though.

For me Sygic works fine whilst playing MP3's ...........quite seamlessly and clearly
tilt
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MMtask (purchased and downloaded from win market) cant see MM9 either.

It sees all the other stuff and is a nice little utility. However I have found the HTC task manager and it does see MM9.

However now (with MMtask installed)I can't run the camera app and MM9 at the same time (memory exceeded) all other apps can sit with MM9 running in the back ground.

I have MM9 fully resident on the storage card (4 gig) so I assume this is system memory that the two apps are fighting for.
Fellwalker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: update for Sygic MM10 and camera Reply with quote

If Sygic MM10 is the ONLY app running, then camera will also run (via home screen then camera). I'm running the HTC official ROM with Co0kies Home Tab 1.8.5.1 (from XDA Developers)

However, it *sometimes* hides the SD card from the operating system so trying to run anything that is installed there is impossible. I have 3 times now had to switch off the phone and restart it, once by pulling out the battery!
I was ready to throw out MM10 yesterday for doing this. Now I cannot get it to repeat the problem. Today it is happy being switched in and out of.

With any other app running, the HD2 will not start the camera as there is "not enough memory". That is a common fault with camera, which seems to need a huge amount of memory. I have everything I can installed to SD card.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Nexus 5, Galaxy tab S3. Also use OSMAnd+, Sygic Mobile Maps, and OS maps app. Also "Great Britain Topo Maps" and "Old Maps". Don't use speed camera database as sticking to the limit is safer.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Sygic McGuider/Mobile Maps All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: