Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom - Third party POI alerts are no more
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom - Third party POI alerts are no more
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Custom POIs Reply with quote

Shouldn't have to do it, but will this help...?

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=136159
Nexus 6p, Apple iPhone 6sPlus and Microsoft Lumia 950xl running TomTom, Garmin, CoPilot, Navigon, Sygic, Here Drive, Google, Waze, MS Maps
Willr2d2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:56 am    Post subject: tomtom poi madness Reply with quote

I shall be changing my tomtom for a Garmin !!
mickeymouse76
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: Custom POIs Reply with quote

xtraseller wrote:

Job done.....everyone happy?! Now everyone can have their cake and eat it.....until the next thing crops up

Well done xtraseller Laughing
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Custom POIs Reply with quote

mickeymouse76 wrote:
xtraseller wrote:

Job done.....everyone happy?! Now everyone can have their cake and eat it.....until the next thing crops up

Well done xtraseller Laughing

I thought the whole point was that the custom menu DID work on the Start models? (as reported and described on THIS forum too). But that TT stopped it working on the next software update.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Custom POIs Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
I thought the whole point was that the custom menu DID work on the Start models? (as reported and described on THIS forum too). But that TT stopped it working on the next software update.

As I understand it, GpsPasSion say this is a new work-around that works on the latest software release.

Of course, if true then that means this too may be blocked "accidentally" in a future update and we'll be playing cat'n'mouse with hacks until such time as the new models that lack file level access arrive Confused
Rowan29a
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Custom POIs Reply with quote

It is all down to sheer greed but TomTom may come to rue their decision when customers desert them.
rpcm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject: re Custom POIs Reply with quote

I have just ordered a Tom Tom XL live Europe. I thought this did not have the simplified menu as in the XL IQ2. Have I got this wrong?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: re Custom POIs Reply with quote

rpcm wrote:
I have just ordered a Tom Tom XL live Europe. I thought this did not have the simplified menu as in the XL IQ2. Have I got this wrong?

Only the Start, Start 2, XL IQ 2 and XL IQ2 Live are affected, if yours is not a '2' version then you're OK.
rpcm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: re Custom POIs Reply with quote

Darren wrote:

Only the Start, Start 2, XL IQ 2 and XL IQ2 Live are affected, if yours is not a '2' version then you're OK.

Thanks for the reply.
I cannot see any '2' version mentioned, but I cannot see any mention of XL IQ2 Live on Tom Tom's list of products on their website.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: re Custom POIs Reply with quote

Hmm, on their car navigation page, here I cannot see any mention of '2' on their XL 'LIVE' devices either Confused

It maybe that the LIVE devices are not affected and I've got my wires crossed.
rpcm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: re Custom POIs Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Hmm, on their car navigation page, here I cannot see any mention of '2' on their XL 'LIVE' devices either Confused

It maybe that the LIVE devices are not affected and I've got my wires crossed.

Thanks for your help. I will let you know when it arrives. Lets hope it will be all right.
speedofsound
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matthewj wrote:
Well, if they provide a way for YOU to sell your POI through their store, then this will be acceptable. Otherwise I've bought my last TomTom device.

It is obviously a move to protect their speed camera business, but it is simplistic and naive. After all, I already pay for Live so they get their camera money. Why must they stop me also having other POIs too?

Perhaps the most useful POI warning I have is for a set I made myself of service stations. This means that the satnav sounds a special noise when we are approaching services, and we can then judge whether the kids are going to need the toilet. But no, TomTom know better so want to remove this facility.

Perhaps I'll start using iPhone satnav instead of a new device in the future. One that is open.

I'm glad I bought a Garmin Nuvi recently if that's the case.
I like your idea of service stations though, matthewj, ; I travel a lot on the M6/M74 and would find that pretty useful too (as I often get 'carried-away' and drive right past them, even though I've seen the signs)!
chipmonk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:01 am    Post subject: what to buy next Reply with quote

Hi guys,re news letter tt not supporting poi in future sat navs

I am not good at forum browsing to find clear suggestions on what to buy
[dementure, as you can see i have forgotten how to spell it,so i am demented,Laughing Out Loud]

so I would like to ask what sat nav would you recommend that compares to my tt 910 and will support 3rd party poi;s and gives hands free mobile and text messages and spoken warnings,no bells and whistles

cheers chipmonk
MrGumby
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: what to buy next Reply with quote

chipmonk wrote:

[dementure, as you can see i have forgotten how to spell it,so i am demented,Laughing Out Loud]

cheers chipmonk

Making jokes about dementia? I do hope no one replies to you...and that in the future you become one of the unfortunate third of elderly people who suffer from the disease.

Shame on you. You should be banned.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: what to buy next Reply with quote

MrGumby wrote:
chipmonk wrote:

cheers chipmonk

Making jokes about dementia? I do hope no one replies to you...and that in the future you become one of the unfortunate third of elderly people who suffer from the disease.

Shame on you. You should be banned.

a bit over the top me thinks...?! plus surely wishing dementia on someone is as bad, if not worse, than a 'joke' about it in the first place?!

MaFt

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 6 of 12

Jump to: