Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tomtom 550,750,950 12 months free live services (uk)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomtom 550,750,950 12 months free live services (uk)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BAZZA77
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:46 am    Post subject: Tomtom 550,750,950 12 months free live services (uk) Reply with quote

Has anyone applied for and recieved the 12 months free live service offer yet? I applied 22 days ago and have heard nothing,emailed them 4 times without a reply.
SouthlondonAl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your'e not th only one mate. I apllied on the day I bought my 750 (25th Feb), no code received as yet. My free month has now expired and I have sent 3 emails this week with no reply. I will be resending again tomorrow.
lyngarth
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only two days to go until my free months run out as well, I did email and call but was told it would get to me in time !! but on saying that was also told by tomtom, it would just be added to my account ( this was the day I sent it off, had to phone for another reason )

Will just have to wait and hope.

Lyngarth
jeta1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: where to find subscription data ??? Reply with quote

I've just bought a 550Live, it was advertised as having 12 month Live subscription included in the price.

Much to my surprise the Live subscription works straight out of the box, no codes to enter, nothing; however reading this thread has caused me to question the subscription. I understand all Live devices get the 1 month "puppy dog - give it a try" subscription. How do I work out if I my device is running the 1 month trial or the 12 month subscription? Given what I'm reading here is it normal for Live functions to work straight out of the box?

I've explored all the menus I can find on TT Home (with the 550 connected) but can't see anything relating to subscriptions, can anyone help please?
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I applied end of Feb and got it activated 5 weeks later ... whatever you do don't take the 1 month option like I did as it is for the year and not 1 month like I thought ..... although tomtom were kind enough to cancel it
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How do I work out if I my device is running the 1 month trial or the 12 month subscription?

On my 740 it's

Tap Screen
LIVE Services
Page 2
My Services

You see all the services with expiry dates...
Hoppy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I applied at the beginning of June a week later I checked my 950 and it tells me my live services are now valid until 26/6/11. So I got the 1 month free as I brought it then the 12 months on top. I never had any emails I just kept checking on my device.
NA 2GB v8.45
jeta1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject: Thanks PaulB2005 Reply with quote

Hi there,

Not for the fist time PaulB has got in pretty damn quick with great reply, many thanks.

Menu choices on the 550 were just slightly different but your instructions put me within one screen of the answer, many thanks (again). And from that I can see that I have a full 12 months subscription to all the Live services

There are certainly times in the past when TT has frustrated me, but I must say that as far as setting up my 550 is concerned it couldn't have been easier.

I took it out of the box and backed it up using windows explorer straight away. Then downloaded TT Home and attached the 550, there was one update to accept then it was up and running including the Live services. On the face of it couldn't ask for better ... (he says with fingers crossed !!!)
julianbarker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am considering buying a new device. How does the 12 month free LIVE work? How do you apply? Is there something in the box? Do you need to buy from a retailer advertising the 12 month free LIVE? For example Argos advertise it with a new 750, and Halfords don't. Halfords is over £20 cheaper. If I buy the cheaper 750 from Halfords will I have trouble getting my free 12 months LIVE?
jeta1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

julianbarker wrote:
I am considering buying a new device. How does the 12 month free LIVE work? How do you apply? Is there something in the box? Do you need to buy from a retailer advertising the 12 month free LIVE? For example Argos advertise it with a new 750, and Halfords don't. Halfords is over £20 cheaper. If I buy the cheaper 750 from Halfords will I have trouble getting my free 12 months LIVE?

This is my experience within the last few days. First I was surprised to find that Comet appeared to be offering the best price on a 550 including 12 months live subscription. I double checked at the Comet check-out that I was getting 12 months live subscription, they confirmed I was, but were uncertain how the subscription would operate.

I was surprised by how easy the set up was, basically out of the box (explorer back up before going anywhere near TT Home), then connect to TT Home, then turn it on ... and it works ... there was nothing special to do to enable the live service. As a result of following advice from this forum I have checked and confirmed that all my live services are working and show they are valid for 12 months, it could not have been simpler ...
julianbarker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. So wherever I buy from I should get the 12 months if TT apply the 12 months at their end I guess.
jackbarry
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy,
You gave the following advice which I would like to follow on my 750:

"Tap Screen
LIVE Services
Page 2
My Services

You see all the services with expiry dates..."

I can tap the screen as above when my TT is not connected to the PC as asked when I plug into the PC and I get the message: "Cannot connect Tom Tom LIVE services. Please try again later. Error Code: 148."

If I switch off the TT and then switch on again and follow the "Do you want to connect to your computer" the only screen I get on the TT is the plugged in screen - tapping the screen has no effect - it's locked onto the PC.

What am I doing wrong?

jack.
Hoppy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You only get the information on live services when not connected to the PC.
NA 2GB v8.45
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a lot of things which work on the device but NOT on the PC emulator. This is normal.
jackbarry
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Hoppy & Andy P for your responses but my 750 LIVE doesn't work as you suggest.

I have just tried it again NOT connected to the PC and one of 2 things happen:
1) The TT says " Connecting to LIVE Services" but then goes into normal route mode ie. it is waiting for me to input a destination;
2) Or it does what I said previously - I tap the screen as you described to get My Services and I get the message: "Cannot connect to Tom Tom LIVE services. Please try again later. Error Code: 148."

So it does seem that the TT is looking to be connected to the PC. As I have said previously what happens then is if I switch off the TT and then switch on again and follow the "Do you want to connect to your computer" the only screen I get on the TT is the plugged in screen - tapping the screen has no effect - it's locked onto the PC.

Any else have any ideas how I can find out about My Services?

jack.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: