Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Video:Installing the Speed Camera Database on Garmin SatNavs
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Video:Installing the Speed Camera Database on Garmin SatNavs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
portly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have downloaded speed zoned files, and Liz alerts to match. When I extract the voice files to my speed cam folder, they appear in two folders within the speed cam folder. That is I end up with mac_osx folder and garmin Liz w speedzoned folder. Is this correct please ? I was sort of expecting the audio files to be fully extracted with the CSV files.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delete the mac_osx folder.

Move the contents (i.e. the mp3 files) from the "garmin Liz w speedzoned" folder to the same folder you have the camera files in and then delete the empty "garmin Liz w speedzoned" folder.
portly
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. Thanks for that. I had not had an E mail advising reply, and assumed that nothing had been added.

This makes sense, but not quite what your original instructions say.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
not quite what your original instructions say.

The original instructions make it clear you should be placing the mp3 files straight into the POI folder.

Quote:
Standard PocketGPS File Users

1. Download and extract the contents of the zip file to your computer.

2. Copy the extracted .mp3 voice files to the POI folder you use when uploading POIs to your Garmin device.

If you extract the files and folders straight in to the upload folder then, yes it causes confusion, but you're not told at any stage to do that.

Anyway, glad to see it's sorted. Enjoy.
CBRon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I've just subscribed and downloaded camera alerts for my garmin.
I use a mac. and although I have used unarchiver, the file is still named pgpsw-speed-cams-xxxx. From what I have read, I expected a POI.gps file.
Is this correct or am I doing something wrong.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try redownloading in case you have c orrupt download.

You recieve a file called pgpsw-speed-cams-xxxx.zip which contains the csv files you require.
hyperactive7
Banned

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: garmin sd card help Reply with quote

hi guy,s
i have downloaded the pgps speed cams.i made a new folder on the sd card called poi. i made another folder on my desktop and transfered all speed cams and poi,s to it.i then used poi loader to transfer them to the sd card in the nuvi {1340we} when finnished i checked the sd card poi folder and all that was in it was a {poi gpi} file in it.none of the poi,s have shown up on the sd card.i also checked extras but nothing is listed in there also. i would be gratefull if some one could point me in the right direction please.ps the pgps cams show up on the map so i think that side has worked but as for everything else im not sure
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything you describe sounds right. All you should see is a file called POI.GPI.

You should find the POIs under

Where to?, Custom POIs
hyperactive7
Banned

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject: re poi on sd card Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
Everything you describe sounds right. All you should see is a file called POI.GPI.

You should find the POIs under

Where to?, Custom POIs

hi paul
yes you were correct it does work but they dont show up on the custom page you have to press custom poi to see them,also 1 question why didnt garmin give us the user the choice to see the poi,s on the map when not actualy traveling to a destonation,beats me thanks to every one here that helped me..
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
yes you were correct it does work but they dont show up on the custom page you have to press custom poi to see them,

Which Custom Page are you talking about? How do you get to it. I suspect you are looking at the same screen someone else did last week which is just for managing Custom data and not for viewing it...

Quote:
also 1 question why didnt garmin give us the user the choice to see the poi,s on the map when not actualy traveling to a destonation,beats me thanks to every one here that helped me..

Common question. Only Garmin knows for sure....
SILVERFOXE
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul
have just got a new Garmin 1490t==no mp3 player== could you please help with a couple of queeries i have .Have had Gar 300 t & 350 be fore this latest one so am aware of poi loader preceedure , I would now like to load LIZ voice on to it .
I keep all my free POI's + blue badge stuff on the actual Garmin & only load speed cams on to S/D card .

Have done the WAV conversion but not quite sure about the next bit hope you can help.

**** Download sox.exe (available here), extract sox.exe from the .zip file and copy into your c:\garmin folder. *****

QUESTION 1......is c:\garmin folder the same folder that I put the speed cams & WAV files in to before poi.loading

QUESTION 2.....if iI load sox.exe with every spd cam up date & will it work all right from on card

REGARDS Peter Pearce
dales
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q1 - the C/Garmin folder is the folder where PoiLoader.exe is stored. It isn't the same place as your camera and wav files.

Q2 - You put the sox.exe in the C/Garmin folder just the one time. It just sits there and does its work each time you run PoiLoader.
I have my speed cameras and voice warnings etc on my SD card and not in the Garmin unit itself. They work just fine.

Dales.
SILVERFOXE
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dales wrote:
Q1 - the C/Garmin folder is the folder where PoiLoader.exe is stored. It isn't the same place as your camera and wav files.

Q2 - You put the sox.exe in the C/Garmin folder just the one time. It just sits there and does its work each time you run PoiLoader.
I have my speed cameras and voice warnings etc on my SD card and not in the Garmin unit itself. They work just fine.

Dales.

Hi there dales
many thank's for the quick reply......... I know that I'm a bit thick ,but can you please tell me exactly where I can find this c/garmin folder , is it on my comp or is it the Garmin folder at the top of the list on the garmin it self as i don't want to screw it all up .

Regards Peter Pearce
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's on the computer. The C Drive is your PCs hard drive...
SILVERFOXE
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
It's on the computer. The C Drive is your PCs hard drive...

Hi Chaps
THICKO here again , have found folder dragged sox into it ,will try install POIs to moro , thanks for all your help .

best regards Peter Pearce

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: