Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Does Sygic Mobile Maps 10 actually exist?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Does Sygic Mobile Maps 10 actually exist?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Sygic McGuider/Mobile Maps
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Have you got Sygic Mobile Maps 10?
yes
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
no
75%
 75%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 8

MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaggieBoy wrote:
I installed MM9 but never used it in anger. My experience today with MM10 wasn't good, very poor performance resulting in turns not being announced until after I'd actually made the turn. This was on Android 2.1 on an HTC hero.

i'm running it on a hero too. yesterday it was VERY sluggish however, looking at TasKiller I had very low memory even though not much was running. today, after a reboot (and about 40mb free) it ran like a dream.

MaFt
cannt
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've now got MM10 sorted, Sygic had to reset my product code. The secret is not to try the install on Friday evening as you have to wait until Monday before they read the plea for help. Reinstalled yesterday and given it a go today and one thing I have noticed is that rerouting now seems quicker. Navigation around Milton Keynes is a little better in that it but it still prefers A roads etc over the straight lines of the grid system. I just have to resolve the issue of it losing the GPS signal on my Hero after an hour or so although I suspect this is a phone problem as it also happened with MM9.
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm... interestingly Monday afternoon Sygic emailed me saying that I might have problems activating MM10 and giving me a new product code to use instead of the other one. At that time I had not even downloaded it let alone installed or activated it! So seems they may have had some problems.

Have now downloaded and just about to have a go at installing and activating ..... fingers crossed!
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep .... now I have problems too.

Downloaded took about 3hrs. Installed the maps using the Sygic Assistant. Downloaded the new apk file and run it. It says it is installed. But when I try opening it the screen goes blank for about 15 secs and then it goes back to the previous screen. The ****** thing wont open.

Tried deleting the maps and reinstalling. Downloaded the apk file three times and re-installed each time. But nope it just won't open.

I have emailed Sygic, but has anybody got any suggestions for me please.
Copilot for USA
cannt
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I copied the 2577,Drive,Maps and Res folders from the PC to the phone and then ran the APK file.
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cannt wrote:
I copied the 2577,Drive,Maps and Res folders from the PC to the phone and then ran the APK file.

Thanks cannt that was the advice I needed. Despite me following Sygic's instructions to the letter not everything installed. I chose to move over what you said, but did it in a way that kept the pocketgps sounds and icons. I then uninstalled and reinstalled and it worked.

Mind you getting it activated was counter-intuitive to say the least, but I got there in the end.

Thanks again. When Sygic eventually reply I will tell them what I think about their lousy instructions.
Copilot for USA
Fellwalker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: STOPPED WORKING Reply with quote

Ah well, too good to be true.

On Saturday I wanted help going to a golf course I've not visited for 12 years. Switch on mobile, click on Mobile Maps icon: Initialization, then "Illegal operation report. The software performed an illegal function (MAIN). We are sorry for any inconvenience. (RAM 13349 Kb)

So after resetting WM6.5 a couple of times, I go to Sygic web site to find this in their MM09 error FAQs. Helpfully, it tells me to back up my SD card, delete it and then install MM09 from the Sygic Assistant.

Now that is among the most unhelpful FAQ I have come across. I've got a 16Gb SD card, with 10Gb used, including some 20 installed programs. Like I want to do what they suggest?

SO I thought - well at least Sygic installed an uninstall program this time around, so I will use that. Ah, but I had not realised that merely deletes the program file, and does nothing for the underlying data or ancillary files or registry entries.

I've emailed Sygic for help. Meanwhile I am trying to find all of the places where Sygic might have installed MM10. So far it is in folders 2577, Drive, Res, RESOURCE, SYS. All installed in the root of the SD card, which is pretty bad programming and shows that they like to be the only thing on the card.
Fellwalker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Places I can find MM10:
The folders in the above post.
Main storage Windows folder, 2 links to MM10 and Uninstall MM10.
Registry - only links to uninstall and to install MM9 and MM10.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Sygic McGuider/Mobile Maps All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: