Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin iQue 3620
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin iQue 3620

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 4:49 pm    Post subject: Garmin iQue 3620 Reply with quote

Garmin have announced the release of the new iQue. Dubbed the iQue 3200, for those who may have been hoping for an enhancement over the iQue 3600, Garmin have taken a more basic approach I'm sad to say.

The specification pans out identical to that of the iQue 3600, but doesn't offer MP3 support (which the iQue 3600 does), and offers a smaller resolution of 320x320 compared to the iQue 3600's 320x480 pixels. The processor and RAM are still the same.

The 3200 also loses the Voice Recorder which was present in the 3600 for making memo's and quick notes. The 3200 like the 3600 also is not compatible with Apple Mac's.

Blackbird
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:12 pm    Post subject: Disappointed (again) by Garmin's marketing attitude. Reply with quote

Garmin should learn to listen to customers feedback. This product is not competitive. Holding on to Palm OS only, and to proprietary maps only is a fundamental marketing error.

Not even considering the fact that the latest "new" PDA a downgrade of an already outdated PDA, I would have expected more dynamic attitude from a "leading" (?) company.
trafcam
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps they're listening to the feedback that said 'nice unit, but a bit expensive' and getting rid of some stuff that can decrease the price. I'm guessing this one is cheaper, though garmin.com implies (well, states) that it's just $50 less than the 3600. Maybe the price gap will widen when it gets over here.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, having used the iQue for about 2 months, and using the Palm Tungsten T2 and T3, I think I would prefer a Tungsten T3. It feels a lot nicer in the hand compared to the iQue. Garmin's map data is good, and they do use NAVTEQ for their data, so coverage shouldn't be too much of an issue.

I think if the cfQue was available in SD format too, and could be used on the T3, then this would be a good solution. Palm are still lacking behind Microsoft on the hardware front, but do have much better battery support when compared to Pocket PC's.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: