Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New Android version available.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New Android version available.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wiggo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, just tried the Copilot camera database and that gave exactly the same symptoms.

I'm getting bored of this: does anyone have a suggestion for an alternative satnav for a T-Mobile G1, guys? I looked at Sygic, but although it says it supports Android, it doesn't list the G1. And it's now gone up to €49.99 which is nasty given the exchange rates...
BaggieBoy
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 8.0.0.571 has just been released. Still downloading, so no idea what's changed.
Wiggo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just downloaded it and no change. Can't get either the PGPSW or ALK cameras to load...
Wiggo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So two complete uninstalls (inc deleting the folders) and reinstalls later and it's working again.

8.0.0.571 seems to do route reclaculations at lightning speed, which is impressive, but the safety cameras are hilarious: they flick in and out of existence every few yards as you drive twoards them...
BaggieBoy
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed some strangeness too with the latest database loaded. I was getting advance warning and the "ping" for a camera, but none were showing on the screen at the time.
Wiggo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They've changed the setup. Their cameras now load up in /copilot/EU/UK/save/user_places/poi_uk.safetycam_8.9.10.30 and the .ezp file seems to be present in /copilot/EU/UK/save rather than in /copilot/save which was the old structure.

I've just had to uninstall and re-install again as it kept bombing out at the splash screen, so I'll do some more playing...
Wiggo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so it now recognises .csv files in /copilot/EU/UK/save as new POIs to be imported. This time, I cleaned out the old .ezp file first, so maybe before it had two POI sets fighting with each other. More later...
formby18
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, new version of CPL8 and hey presto - another set of problems!

I've tried so many variants of the install I've now got nothing except the PMobiles!

On the last attempt it's taken the csv & png's from copilot\save and created the sub category folders in copilot\eu\uk\save. I also deleted the old .ezp files first in case of conflicts but that hasn't helped.

The problem is that it's only creating the full set of support files (there's about 18 files) in the pmobile folder. All the other sub category folders have only 3 files (poi.set poi.typ2 version.dat). So something's not working right (...duh).

I'm going to try one sub set at a time and see...
BaggieBoy
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not a new problem, I've always had to import one set at a time.
formby18
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the last couple of versions I've been able to get all sub cat's in in one go - luck I guess.

So anyway all updates are in now - but only by adding one category at a time to copilot\save and opening CPL8 to let it 'integrate' each set. I tried a cheeky little double file load out of curiosity with the redlight and specs together - but it was having none of it and only brought in the redlights.
Wiggo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to love this app, don't you? I fixed the vanishing speedcameras issue this morning. I was stuck in heavy traffic and I noticed that the cameras disappeared every time I moved. Then I noticed that all POI's vanished when I went over 5 mph.

Go to settings and POI display - the default setting is to display only when stopped. Set to 'Always' and it's fine. What idiot thinks that I'd only want to see speed cameras when I'm stationary!!!
formby18
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:12 am    Post subject: Repeating alerts Reply with quote

Just a couple of issues I'm wondering if any of you guys have with CPL8 and HTC Hero / Android...

i) With certain speed cam locations I get three or often four repeated voice warnings in one go (I certainly don't miss the camera but it's damn annoying). Absolutely certain I've got no duplicate databases loaded and as I say, it only does it on certain locations.

ii) I'm getting quite a lot (?) of GPS Signal dropouts - say once per hour, sometimes more.

Appreciate any insights. Cheers.
Wiggo
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those multiple warnings seem to be a 'feature'. My personal record was no fewer than seven warning for the same camera (3 approaching and 4 after I passed it) on the A4 in Slough. The most annoying ones are where you get the audible warning but no visible warning of the camera.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: