Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Opening MN7 Logbook on your PDA
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Opening MN7 Logbook on your PDA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cozzykim
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject: Opening MN7 Logbook on your PDA Reply with quote

Hi all,

After a love/hate relationship with MN6 for a few years I got fed up with the crashes and loss of GPS signal etc.

I'm running the MN7 trial on my HTC HD2 and, horror of horrors, the Logbook (the ONLY reason I stick with Navigon) isn't compatible with Pocket Excel.

Here's the result of an email to Navigon support:

"thank you for contacting the NAVIGON Support Team.
You can open the Logbook.xls file only with Excel 2007 or a later version. It is not compatible with the Excel Mobile.
If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us again."

Here's a workaround for any of you road warriors that need access to the logbook on the move:

Change the Logbook.xls file extension to Logbook.txt, the file will now open in a neatly indented format in Pocket Word.

If you need to retain the PC Excel format change the extension back and all is well, if not then MN7 will start a new xls logbook when you next navigate.

Seemples Smile

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? along with closing the API to POI-Warner so that the SpeedCamera POIs no longer appear on the map.
I wouldn't mind if their own camera database was any good. Mad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: