Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Text to Speech (on a ONE?)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Text to Speech (on a ONE?)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hin3K wrote:
Doesn't work on my. I do everything as it says and after rebooting I get only TomTom's logo and black screen. I have TomTom One IQ.

OK - which did you download - 9.026 or 9.051?

Steer clear of 9.051 for now - it seems 'buggy' to say the least on non-widescreen devices.

Did you download the full package or just the patches?

I would go with the full packge as it has everything in - has it all extracted OK to your device - if you look at the contents of your device can you see a ttn file and a folder called TTSFix?

If in doubt, extract the download using WinRAR to an empty folder on your PC and then manually copy all of the files and folders to the root of your TT, overwriting all existing files.

Also, another thing that might catch people out is that HOME has a habit of installing the cspeech files for ASR in your map folder even though the ONE range doesn't support ASR. You may have to free up some space on the device by deleting all of the cspeech files from within your map folder. Don't worry, you don't need them and it won't affect anything if they are not there.
Hin3K
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I deleted everything from memory leaving only files and folders mentioned in Andy's post. I removed also 3 files from my map's folder (Western_and_Central_Europe_2GB). Version downloaded is 9.026 from
Quote:
Download this - this has everything you need in it and will work on ONE IQ, XL IQ and XL LIVE

Moved all contents to TomTom replacing some files. Then I safely unplugged TomTom and restarted it keeping Power button pressed for around 10 sec. In this process I didn't use Home at all. All I get now is TomTom's logo and after that black screen Sad
Stampy72
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndyVaughan wrote:

If in doubt, extract the download using WinRAR to an empty folder on your PC and then manually copy all of the files and folders to the root of your TT, overwriting all existing files.

Found I had to do this with 9.051.... Else it kept throwing up errors...
GPS v1.20, Boot 5.5138
Map : "Europe_North" v 900.4602
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hin3K wrote:
OK, I deleted everything from memory leaving only files and folders mentioned in Andy's post. I removed also 3 files from my map's folder (Western_and_Central_Europe_2GB). Version downloaded is 9.026 from
Quote:
Download this - this has everything you need in it and will work on ONE IQ, XL IQ and XL LIVE

Moved all contents to TomTom replacing some files. Then I safely unplugged TomTom and restarted it keeping Power button pressed for around 10 sec. In this process I didn't use Home at all. All I get now is TomTom's logo and after that black screen Sad

Rename the ttn file in the root of your TT to ttn.old and rename LoquendoTTS folder to LoquendoTTS.old and then reboot. If PNDNavigator has been renamed to PNDNavigator.orig then rename it to PNDNavigator. The worrying thing is that you had to replace some files - do you know which ones were replaced?

If it doesn't work after that then it is down to the TT Navcore as all you have is original TT files on there.

Is the device running in English or a different language?
What version did you have installed previously?
Hin3K
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much for all responses.
I did everything once again but now I deleted everything from TomTom's memory leaving only the map folder. I was copying folders from my backup one by one. Then I unpacked Andy's RAR and copier everything to TomTom. After restarting I finally saw my map Smile
Voice works but I hear weird distortion during street pronunciation and even worse with motorway numbers.
Please download this audio file and check it for yourself.
http://rapidshare.com/files/370386394/TomTom_One_IQ-VoiceProblem.wma
My TomTom's language is English. Don't know what else can I do Sad
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least we are getting somewhere now!

Can you check how much free memory you have on the version info screen. For example I have 64MB RAM (free:19.4MB)

Does it seem to work OK if you choose a non-TTS voice?

With all the files on there try renaming ttn to ttn.old and PNDNavigator.orig to PNDNavigator - you won't have TTS but I need to know if the device runs OK like this before we go any further.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Making an assumption that you have a 32Mb device can you download this

Extract it to your TT - you will have a folder called ttntools on there now.

Delete the TTSFix folder and the file ttn (and/or ttn.old)

Rename PNDNavigator.orig to PNDNavigator.

I have slimmed down the amount that gets copied to RAM for the 32Mb devices.

Make sure the LoquendoTTS folder is on there with all the original files from the original download link.

Let me know if it seems any better.

Edit: Updated the link - there was an error in the script - link now removed

Last edited by AndyVaughan on Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Hin3K
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am loosing my mind!!! ;)
I turned TomTom off, after that it didn't want to start. It was showing logo and after around 30 sec was restarting itself.
After changing names of files I can start TomTom but of course cannot chose computer voice. Plus when I had this mod on I was unable to save any map preferences.
I had the same amount of RAM as you, between 19 and 20.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which all points to a corrupted file system on the internal SD.

Connect to the PC, make sure home is completely closed and then right click on your TT drive letter and format it as FAT - full format.

As soon as it has finished format it again as FAT32 - full format

Now copy your full backup over to the device - this will take about an hour

When all files have copied over right click on your TT drive letter and choose eject - let it reboot and do not do anything until you get prompted to connect to computer. Choose No and then power off the TT. Unplug the USB cable and test all is well.

The ONE/XL IQs are notorious for this - never unplug the usb cable unless the device is powered down.

You are now back to square one - up to you as to if you want to have another go at this or not but the fix does work - 30+ downloads so far.

I would also run the TT clearflash tool a couple of times and perform a reset to factory defaults as well as a hard reset if you have managed to corrupt the filesystem.
marcus29359
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: tts Reply with quote

Hi Andy.I gave it a good test today (Bolton to Gloucester and back).It ran with no trouble at all. My wife thinks I am having an affair as all I talk about is how good the TomTom is now thanks to you (especially Kates voice).Thank-you again.
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Marcus!

My wife has long thought I am having an affair with the TomTom Laughing
Hin3K
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes yes yes yes yes yes. It works!!!

That was a long night. But now everything sounds as it should Smile Thanks Mr.

I have another question now.

Question removed, stick to the aim of this thread which is to get TTS running on a device using nothing illegally hacked or downloaded, we do not allow any discussion of hacked maps on this forum - Mike Alder
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No talk of not very original maps on here.
dgreensuperhoops
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. I followed the instructions this morning and the tts works well thankyou. One problem though. The screen on my xl live has never been very sensitive and required two taps sometimes to register. It seems even less responsive now and also I can't put the volume above 60 per cent as if you now tap towards the right of the volume bar it acts as if you were tapping the right side of the screen without the volume bar showing if you understand what I mean. Any suggestions apart from putting it back how it was(I dud an explorer backup first). Cheers
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9.026 or 9.051?

Did you do the full download or the ttn file or the ttntools?

My preferred method is 9.026 with the ttntools method I posted a few threads up.

Dead simple, install 9.026 for ONE or XL.

Then download Kate.

Manually install both - Kate has to be extracted in to the LoquendoTTS folder.

Test the device - at this point you will not have TTS so will have to use a standard voice.

Now download this.

Extract it to the root of the TT - you will have a folder called ttntools in the root of the TT with a file called ttntool.sh and a lib and bin folder inside it.

TTS will now work.

Steer clear of 9.051 for now - the above method will be fine on 32 and 64Mb devices as it doesn't copy PNDNavigator over to RAM as per a GO. As the ONE/XL have slower processors, the combination of LIVE and TTS seems to bring the device to its knees, especially with 9.051.

Edit - link removed

Last edited by AndyVaughan on Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: