Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CamerAlert Enhancement Requests
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CamerAlert Enhancement Requests
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DogSlow wrote:
For me the "number 1" want would be a reversible screen so that I can use the windscreen reflection of the iPhone as a sort of heads-up-display. It would be really useful for me as I have the phone on the dash instead of in a cradle. Of course I'm not sure how many others would like this and so whether it's worth the effort of coding it.

this has also been suggested and i'm pretty certain it's on a to-do list somewhere...!
LB-Greg
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply MaFt.

For this section below, I actually meant tapping a screen button once to register/submit a new position or remove a camera not to reset the averaging function. It would help the submission especially as the middle cameras tend to move abit.

"Spec's tend to come in strings of the same speed. Would it be possible to, once the first spec's is specified i.e. 50mph, have larger buttons come up in the lower half of the screen which could be tapped as each spec's is passed."
eonisbkuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first of all great app still getting used to it

is there anywhere on the app that you can delete cameras that have been moved etc

eon
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, click on the camera you want to edit, the select the small blue arrow.

From here you have many options.

Edit details
Yes, I saw it (for mobile locations)
Request Removal
Add Photo
Add voice note

I guess you would want to select, 'Request Removal' for the camera you say is now gone. If it has moved position, then you would need to go back to the main screen and add a new location as normal.

Hope this helps

Steven

iPhone 12
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with Edit Details you can also move it to a new location.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
mindstorm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent app - I just need the ability (page 1) to force output to the Iphone speaker. I connect via a Honda lead which charges and allows access via the stereo but then the only way to hear warnings is to be playing music via the lead. If I want to listen to the radio, warnings are suppressed.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mindstorm wrote:
Excellent app - I just need the ability (page 1) to force output to the Iphone speaker. I connect via a Honda lead which charges and allows access via the stereo but then the only way to hear warnings is to be playing music via the lead. If I want to listen to the radio, warnings are suppressed.

this is something we are looking into. thanks for the suggestion.
Sallet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb app, by far my best GPS app on the iPhone as most of the time I want to know (or be reminded of) where cameras are in any area!

Two things I'd like to see is improved reduction of brigtness particularly when the map pops up in the dark, nearly blinding me! Perhaps red instead of white in night mode or a brightness bar within the app?

Secondly a volume control. I use my ipod while driving by direct connection through the AUX on my radio. The warning tone/voice makes me jump out of my skin or nearly deafens me! An in-app volume would be great (by the way, blue tooth streaming of stereo works perfectly through my blue tooth headphones, not that I use headphones while driving).

So apart from being blinded in the dark and deafened at all times Wink I love it and use it all the time while driving! Thanks to all the developers! Very Happy
gblades
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about an ipod touch compatible version without the live camera alerts as you drive.
It would be very handy for me to check cameras and submit updates.
batties
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:22 am    Post subject: Sound Issues Reply with quote

I would like to be able to check the volume levels each and every time I launch the app. Any chance you can set up a voice sound along the lines of "Welcome to the CamerAlert App" Rolling Eyes
TT Home version 2.7.5.2014
iPhone 4S with CameraAlert
scottme
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Android version? Reply with quote

Please can you look into making an Android version of this app? A port should not be too hard and would open up another growing market segment.
mikeprytherch
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject: Warnings in Stand-by Reply with quote

Awesome App and works great in the car but would like to use it on my motorbike as well. My requirements might not be mainstream but here-goes anyway.

When I’m on my bike my iPhone is in my pocket and so I can’t see the screen, when the iPhone goes into Stand-by I no longer receive warnings which is rather useless to me, now the iPhone still plays music in stand-by so I assume (perhaps wrongly – maybe you can correct me) that your App could also still run and give me warnings, this would be a fantastic addition to a fantastic app.

I would prefer to run the iPhone in stand-by to conserve battery life.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Warnings in Stand-by Reply with quote

mikeprytherch wrote:
when the iPhone goes into Stand-by I no longer receive warnings

Theoretically it should continue to give warnings. However there's not much we can do against the operating system's reclaiming of memory (especially on the 3G).

Try this - run the app, and press the power button (instead of letting it go to standby by itself).

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Warnings in Stand-by Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
mikeprytherch wrote:
when the iPhone goes into Stand-by I no longer receive warnings

Theoretically it should continue to give warnings. However there's not much we can do against the operating system's reclaiming of memory (especially on the 3G).

Try this - run the app, and press the power button (instead of letting it go to standby by itself).

i've found it only gives warnings for those cameras already in it's 'nearby cameras database' - it doesn't get the 'new' cameras as you move around...

MaFt
mikeprytherch
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Warnings in Stand-by Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:

i've found it only gives warnings for those cameras already in it's 'nearby cameras database' - it doesn't get the 'new' cameras as you move around...

MaFt

Seems to make sense, I guess I put it down to going into stand-by because I did get "some" warnings.... be great if you could look into this for a future release.... maybe multi-tasking 4G Very Happy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 4 of 18

Jump to: