Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Need Help to Identify Mobile Speed Camera position URGENT
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Need Help to Identify Mobile Speed Camera position URGENT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaunppl wrote:

I have been asked if i can find out the creation, date, modified date and last accessed date for the file if someone can advise me i would be gratefull on how to get these details and where they would be..

The "Create Date", "Modified Date" and "Accessed Date" for a file can easily be shown in Windows Explorer.

Set Explorer to "Details" view, then right click on the column titles (Name, Size, Type etc.) and you can select which columns you want to see.

On my PC, "Create Date" and "Modified Date" are in the list you see straight away, but you have to click on "More..." at the bottom of the list to get a bigger list which includes "Accessed Date".

As others have said though, I would think those dates could easily be altered or falsified.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
As others have said though, I would think those dates could easily be altered or falsified.

yes, plenty of free software that will edit these dates...

MaFt
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
yes, plenty of free software that will edit these dates...

Reminds me of when I used to work on IBM mainframe computers. If you had enough security authority you could also edit the field that contained the UserId of the last person to edit a file. This was quite useful at times, especially when you changed the UserId to that of your manager! Wink

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My long-term suspicion of HAL during my years of dealing with them is clearly justified! Razz Twisted Evil
shaunppl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

I wish to thank all those that have offered advice, i now have a legal expert and a solicitor (names to remain offline) and will keep you all advised of the outcome of the court hearing tomorrow.

Regards

Shaunppl
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good stuff, and good luck. do keep us updated!

MaFt
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks Reply with quote

shaunppl wrote:
I wish to thank all those that have offered advice, i now have a legal expert and a solicitor (names to remain offline) and will keep you all advised of the outcome of the court hearing tomorrow.

Very best of luck, hope the outcome is fair and favourable.
jc50
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and we all wait with bated breath .......
shaunppl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

The court sat on tuesday after refusing a notice to vacate said hearing on 4 different grounds submitted by fax the previous friday and also due to the late service of Video evidence and unbundled lists being recied by me. on the Monday Morning the fax i sent them was read out in court and the application to vacate was refused, then low and behold made way for an adjourment on the grounds they need to instruct an expert witness to counter my expert witness, and this is exactly what i asked for the previous week and i ony had less than 3 weeks to find an expert and was told that i was in fact late in responding to that evidence, the prosecution was told it had 6 weeks to find an expert and produce their report.

Talk about one sided.

As i was undefended at that time, i have now had to emply a solicitor to represent me as i really could not believe the amount of things flying over my head and the arguments involved in getting an adjournment let alone anything else.

It was also agreed that the GPS data be printed out and supplied to the prosecution team, I asked the court to ask the prosecution as to what format they required and they replied a printout would be sufficient and the data could be accepted into the court as hearsay only, as i do not have a legal expert in this field.

So we are to give my legal experts conlusions and his admended report within 28 days, so the battle continues.

I have had to get a solicitor to represent me as this is far too complex in relation to court laws and legal wranglings, anyone who is about to defend themselves in this type of case seriously need to consider employing the services of a good traffic law solicitor.

I will post more when i have news.

All names and refrences have not been made or referred to as this an ongoing case.
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Shaunppl.

Keep the posts going, as I for one am very interested, not only in the outcome but what you do and how you do it.
I'm not in the same boat - thankfully - but very interested as it's nice to know these things.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update, shaunppl. Interesting to hear how the rules ar slightly different for the "other side".

Just going back to the admissibility of the evidence for a minute though.
I realise this isn't directly relevant, but the following did give me pause for a moment:

I recently repaired a Garmin Nuvi for a friend.
One of the things that survived my fixes was the trip statistics screen, and I couldn't help noticing the maximum speed logged was 122MPH!

Now, he rides a big bike sometimes, but he assures me he certainly wouldn't EVER do those sorts of speeds.

But if he got involved in an accident and the police seized his satnav as evidence, would he want the court to believe what they found there?
shaunppl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:37 pm    Post subject: Andy_p Reply with quote

Well thats an interseting argument, as far as i am aware, in this country the onus is on the police to enforce a speeding offence at the time of the offence only if witnessed by the police or relevent companies employed for that reason, if your friend is ever caught at high speed and then simply denies it, this is where its an unknown game.

If he was to introduce the GPS as relevent because he says he was doing under the speed limit alleged by whoever it would be the data only at time of the offence needed, but if the incident was or resulted in a fatal one then i am not sure as there would be exceptional circumstamces and the power of the coroner could allow the Data to be used to make a formal conclusion.

GPS data as far as i can tell is normally inadmissable in court as its not home office approved, you would have to have a legal expert to issue a section 9 in regards to the data to get it into court, it can still be dissmissed so the above is still either possible or not. I wouldnt put it past the police though in a fatal incident im sure it would be used if it could prove the driver was being stupid.

Saying that though, the GPS units dont normally just produce a screen of speed statistics out of thin air and if the data logs are still on the unit, it could still be proved he did or did not go at that speed, dangerous buying a second hand one and not have the data banks cleaned or reset.

This ia all hyperthetical anyway, its an interesting one and i will ask my solicitor to clarify this.

As i have asked the same question in part 1 of this question his answer was "only at the time of the witnessed offence".

Shaunppl

N.B

Forgot to say as a HGV/LGV driver in some european countries the tacho can still be used to catch those that speeded even after the event if they remain in that country and are stopped or are stationary and the authorities wish to examine the tacho.

Dont know if this can been applied to GPS units as again tachos are calibrated devices and have to re-calibrated every while or so to maintain the legal status of the unit.

Last edited by shaunppl on Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With regard to that speed, the logs would prove or disprove?

If it was a simple glitch in signal that caused the max speed to be 122mph then the logs would record that as they would also prove it to be accurate if they showed the acceleration to and from that speed.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if it's of any help or relevance shaunppl, or if you've already got the info, but looking at my area's (Hertfordshire) Safety Camera Partnership website, I found a section on 'see details of your alleged offence', which included things like camera calibration certificate, photos, etc. Being an alleged law-abiding citizen myself, of course Rolling Eyes, I naturally couldn't call up any actual details.

I just thought if the area issuing you with your summons had a similar website, there might be something of use there?
shaunppl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Online data and certs Reply with quote

Naturally nor could i either, devon dont have have such a refined system of course, but many thanks for oyur input.

Shaunppl

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: