Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Sound alerts not working
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Sound alerts not working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rtphotos
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: Sound alerts not working Reply with quote

This app is great, but I don't get any verbal warning. It is set to ON in the setup screen, but no sound, only visual warning. Is this a known issue?
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, if you go into the sound options (blue circle with white arrow next to sound on/off) and press the 'female verbose' (or other sound option) does it play the sound?

do you get the all clear warning after passing a camera?

are the cameras for your direction of travel? you will only get a warning for cameras that 'target' your drection of travel and not for those on the other side of the road.

when you approach the camera do you get the red warning bar to show the upcoming camera details? if not then it sounds like the camera in question is for the other direction of travel.

MaFt
rtphotos
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the voices work fine when I select one in the setup (I have selected the female), they just don't work when I pass a camera. I do get the alert on screen warning of the approaching camera...but no sound at all.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rtphotos wrote:
I do get the alert on screen warning of the approaching camera...but no sound at all.

what do you class as the alert on screen: the big red banner or the icon?

what volume do you have it on? do you have the ipod playing? have you set the ipod mode to 'pause' so the music is muted before giving the alert? do you use just the internal speaker or do you have it sent to car stereo etc? can you hear anything form the internal speaker when you are driving?

MaFt
rtphotos
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big red banner shows. volume at max. no music playing. ipod control is set to none. sound is set to internal speaker and no sound heard when driving.

I've just had a horrible thought though, and I might be a complete idiot!.

I have it on a dock in the car which can send to my car stereo, so although it's set on internal speaker, it will be transmitting to the stereo, and as I was listening to the radio on a different frequency, I would get no sound.

I will test it out later off the dock, and see if I get sound. Embarassed
As the great man said, "I'll be back"

Rodger
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy - could be that then!

MaFt
rtphotos
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: solved...sort of Reply with quote

OK... I tested the iphone off the cradle and I get sound...problem solved.

The only other time I don't get sound (or much else either) is a fault of the Iphone itself. I have discovered that the GPS will not work if you don't have a signal. It seems Apple in their wisdom don't allow the GPS to work on its own! Very strange.

Anyway thanks for all your very prompt answers. Much appreciated, and I will bother you no more.

Rodger
suziedog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rtphotos wrote:
Yes the voices work fine when I select one in the setup (I have selected the female), they just don't work when I pass a camera. I do get the alert on screen warning of the approaching camera...but no sound at all.

I agree. I think this app needs some serous sorting out, I have commenting on this in other posts, but having read your comments I experience this all the time, its very hit and miss whether its going to work in a reliable manner.

Only yesterday I decided to put it to the test yet again. I was driving along the A14 back form Cambridge. I had the TomTom device on and my wife observing the behavior of the IPhone app. To my amazement it picked out a sneaky mobile camera perfectly, giving the appropiate approach warning and all clear warning having gone past. However it failed to pick up any of the other static cameras at all!

Yes it was getting a good signal, showing the cameras on screen, properly configured, latest database and all that jazz.

I think its just completely unreliable in its present form, which is a pity because the idea is good. So for now I will stick with the Tom Tom.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: